Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭maddness

A rare clean picture

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

high horse wrote: »
    Did you trade in the old car somewhere in Cork GustavoFring?

New car looks great

Sold it privately, a guy in work was looking for one and made a decent offer so I took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They look well in white. Well wear with it Mr GF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Sold it privately, a guy in work was looking for one and made a decent offer so I took it.

It looked like a good one and my E46 touring needs to be updated so I thought I might have been able to see it in a garage somewhere.

Best of luck with the new one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

high horse wrote: »
    It looked like a good one and my E46 touring needs to be updated so I thought I might have been able to see it in a garage somewhere.

Best of luck with the new one anyway

That was a good one, there was only 90-odd k km on it too. I'd say the guy that bought it will be hanging onto it long term. Slim enough pickings out there at the moment too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I preferred the white Skoda you had tbh is the BMW a 316D? No sense of occasion tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Picked this up today, more of the same to be honest. 330d, a lot more kit than the last one. Last five miles home this evening were on a flooded road so here's hoping I haven't damaged it already :D
    maddness wrote: »
    A rare clean picture

Two cracking cars.

@maddness Looks like you lowered yours, the XDrive suspension definitely sits higher? My mate has an identical one in the UK, they are crazy fast after a remap. Is that an aftermarket exhaust too?

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Two cracking cars.

@maddness Looks like you lowered yours, the XDrive suspension definitely sits higher? My mate has an identical one in the UK, they are crazy fast after a remap. Is that an aftermarket exhaust too?

Yeah just fitted Eibach springs all round, makes a huge difference to the ride and handling. It’s an AC Schnitzer full exhaust system that was fitted by the previous owner at great expense.

Yeah just fitted Eibach springs all round, makes a huge difference to the ride and handling. It’s an AC Schnitzer full exhaust system that was fitted by the previous owner at great expense.

Nice, tasteful mods. How does it sound with the exhaust?

I recently put some VWR racingline springs on my Golf and I'm delighted with how it's changed the looks and the handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Were you in the NW part of the country this morning by any chance? A 435d was keeping pace with me on the commute, and then decided my pace wasn't quick enough. It passed me and a number of cars then like we were going backwards.

• Advertisement

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Were you in the NW part of the country this morning by any chance? A 435d was keeping pace with me on the commute, and then decided my pace wasn't quick enough. It passed me and a number of cars then like we were going backwards.

Ha ha I was indeed but just like yourself was obeying all speed limits. Lovely 330 touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Ha ha I was indeed but was obeying all speed limits. Lovely 330 touring.

Haha, small world!

Think I've spotted ye a few times on the roads around here, serious lift from your car.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Nice, tasteful mods. How does it sound with the exhaust?

I recently put some VWR racingline springs on my Golf and I'm delighted with how it's changed the looks and the handling.

It’s still a diesel but does sound better than standard particular in sports mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

When I had the Mazda6 MPS I had Eibach springs installed to lower it. It scraped everywhere and when stepping into the car it felt like stepping down into a hole. It looked good but not as good as that 435!

I coded launch control in my F30 last night. Now just to wait for the ground to dry...nearly took the gate of my house clean off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

What obd scanner do you use MM and app for the coding?

Wailin wrote: »
    What obd scanner do you use MM and app for the coding?

BimmerCode for coding

BimmerLink for DPF monitoring/regen, error code reading and clearing, sensor values, logging etc.

I use THIS ODB tool. I had the iCar Pro Wifi one but the bluetooth is much better as there are no connection issues.

For the apps, you pay once for each separately and everything within the app is there to use i.e. you don't have to pay more to use certain features/functions (as is the case with Carly) and they are updated quite often. I have found both apps (especially BimmerLink) invaluable. Also, you can use the app and the OBD tool on some E generation BMWs aswell as all F and G etc. at no extra cost. BimmerLink just connects and with BimmerCode you select the model from a list when it opens up and off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

The north coast 500 in Scotland. The scenery through the windshield on most of the trip is genuinely incredible. Feels like an enhanced scene from a movie. Definitely worth the trip, even if just for the roads. And especially with a straight six roar echoing off the hillsides.

I did use quite a lot of petrol though.... worth it!

https://i.imgur.com/9vOOhwu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Timooo_23 wrote: »
    The north coast 500 in Scotland. The scenery through the windshield on most of the trip is genuinely incredible. Feels like an enhanced scene from a movie. Definitely worth the trip, even if just for the roads. And especially with a straight six roar echoing off the hillsides.

That a Polestar? I'm very jealous!

Timooo_23 wrote: »

Nice :D

It does however look as though you sprayed Iron-X on the front bumper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

Nice :D

It does however look as though you sprayed Iron-X on the front bumper :pac:

That’s after I cleaned it the night before! The English motorways were so bad with salt and grit that I used 3 x 6 litre washer bottles on the way up. It was full on stealth mode. Couldn’t see out any windows until I cleaned it quickly at a service station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

The R in it's favorite and most natural environment

kPM8KMd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you run the miles plus or just standard?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do you run the miles plus or just standard?

It depends on the price to be honest but put the plus in tonight filling it up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Killinator wrote: »
    It depends on the price to be honest but put the plus in tonight filling it up

You obviously notice a difference using the Plus yeah?

You obviously notice a difference using the Plus yeah?

Slightly better mpg, and I thing a bit better response but to be honest that could just be the placebo effect.
    Not enough to warrant using it unless it's particularly cheaper than other stations

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NeilMcGrane

Killinator wrote: »
    Slightly better mpg, and I thing a bit better response but to be honest that could just be the placebo effect.
    Not enough to warrant using it unless it's particularly cheaper than other stations

I ran both on my old 330bhp GTi, it's definitely a placebo, even for the mpg I think anyway. Pity we only get **** 95 RON here. It was near 380bhp in the UK on 99 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I ran both on my old 330bhp GTi, it's definitely a placebo, even for the mpg I think anyway. Pity we only get **** 95 RON here. It was near 380bhp in the UK on 99 :(

I remember having the choice of 98 Super Unleaded for the first while when I started driving.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

So haven't been on boards for a while but why not kick it all off again with what I picked up earlier this year. Still adjusting from my previous ecobox but am enjoying it so much. Only nagging thing is it came with some fairly new Dunlop sport max tyres that are not up to the job at all in my opinion. Might be switching to Bridgestone s001 soon enough.

Ibiza cupra 1.8tsi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Those little Cupras are great little things. I drove Shadowhearths last year and really enjoyed it. Proper pocket rockets.

• Advertisement

They are a quick little car alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement