Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah, well kind of. Bought a 60's bungalow in rag order on a decent site, gutted back to 4 walls, and a ground up renovation. Rewire, replumb, new heating system, windows, doors, roof, decent extension and changed the existing layout, insulation under floors, loft, external. Took around 18 months, myself and the father in law doing it evenings and weekends, probably why I haven't been online that much the last year or so.

The site is still a ****hole as you can see but we moved in 4 weeks ago, so kind of taking a breather. Great experience, but never again :pac: Well spotted!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I had forgotten about those “Edition R” Golfs
    Volkswagen Ireland have announced the launch of a new addition to the legendary Golf range, available exclusively to Irish drivers – the special Golf Edition-R.

With the Golf Edition-R, Volkswagen is looking to building on the loyal following the Golf has attracted over the last couple of decades.

Motor industry figures back up VW's claim that the Golf is a particular favourite with Irish drivers - the current 6th generation of the smart German hatchback is the best-selling car here.

But despite selling well, VW clearly fel there was a gap that they could exploit, albeit a small one as the Golf has to compete in a particularly competitive sector of the market.

In an effort to squeeze into that gap, the Golf Edition–R sits somewhere between the current Comfortline and Highline specificationsof the car.

The new Golf's designers have tailored their design for Irish drivers who like an especially dynamic body and interior styling.

Getting down to the details, the Edition-R offers 16-inch "Pescara" alloy wheels, multifunction display, Bluetooth connectivity plus an R design sports styling pack, together with fog lights and an RCD 510 Touchscreen radio with 6-CD changer & Aux-in MP3 player as standard.

Prices of this limited edition start at a competitive €21,995.

“Irish motorists have been very loyal to the Golf and this provides the motorist with the chance to get their hands on an impressive and exclusive vehicle," says Adam Chamberlain, Head of Sales & Marketing Volkswagen Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You know, as my historic posts probably show, I was never a Golf fan. The 7 and 7.5 are a very nice car. The 6 is actually a thoroughly acceptable car.

Running costs, tax, insurance, fuel and servicing I couldn't picture being any cheaper. It's a grand yoke for commuting in, reasonably comfortable and you could park it anywhere without either feeling ashamed of it or being overly worried about it. Only problem is it's very dull but sure so is a Corolla/ Focus/ i30 or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

You know, as my historic posts probably show, I was never a Golf fan. The 7 and 7.5 are a very nice car. The 6 is actually a thoroughly acceptable car.

Running costs, tax, insurance, fuel and servicing I couldn't picture being any cheaper. It's a grand yoke for commuting in, reasonably comfortable and you could park it anywhere without either feeling ashamed of it or being overly worried about it. Only problem is it's very dull but sure so is a Corolla/ Focus/ i30 or whatever.

I was never a Golf fan until I bought a GTI (had an M3 before it & needed a break from BMW's specialty: "preventative maintenance"), it's so bloody adequate at everything I can't buy anything else that'll give me as much bang for it's buck. In 5 years it's maybe cost me 1k in servicing/parts, insurance average 500 each year & tax is reasonable & depreciation is not bad at all. Still don't like the looks but it has everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You really can't go wrong with a Golf and the range has something for everyone.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Speaking of Golf's..

f938a2216d0d89b65c43fc83ed0f21a5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Wibbs wrote: »
    You really can't go wrong with a Golf and the range has something for everyone.

I always wanted a golf but they're a bit pricey so got a seat leon,I'm on my 3rd one(2.0 184) now and they've all been great-60+mpg on a run and fairly quick when needed,plus £20 tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Golf days throwback ?

bGkcUqg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Best colour for the mk5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

tossy wrote: »
    Best colour for the mk5.

Agree, plus diamond cut monzas is a must for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Fore!!! (Motion)

20160214-215119.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

20171025-175248.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Carpentry wrote: »
    Agree, plus diamond cut monzas is a must for me.
    Knowing me they'd be gravel and path cut Monzas after a day. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

As everyone ese is doing it. A photo from my crossover :)

jrtfW0n.jpg

Continuing the throw back, not a pic but basically a golf..

https://vimeo.com/10779299

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Oh we’re doing nostalgia!

A9-E4-C056-FE01-4890-8452-586-B160-AE90-B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Great sound from that. My father had a couple of 5-cyl Volvo 850s back in the day, loved the sound of them. Different to your Bora, but had a lovely warble from them.

The only downside to my Mk7 GTi is the exhaust note. Have been researching suitable intake and exhaust upgrades to try spice it up, without it getting too boomy and obnoxious.

eljono wrote: »
    Great sound from that. My father had a couple of 5-cyl Volvo 850s back in the day, loved the sound of them. Different to your Bora, but had a lovely warble from them.

The only downside to my Mk7 GTi is the exhaust note. Have been researching suitable intake and exhaust upgrades to try spice it up, without it getting too boomy and obnoxious.

Yeah miss the sounds 6 cylinders and supercharged.

I was on a run recently behind a mk7 with a clubsport exhaust and it sounded terrific, really impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Yeah miss the sounds 6 cylinders and supercharged.

I was on a run recently behind a mk7 with a clubsport exhaust and it sounded terrific, really impressed.

I drove one last week with the Clubsport S exhaust fitted, it is perfect on them. Not too loud, and with some lovely backfires on upshift. It left me wanting to put in ear plugs after getting back into the GTD:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I traded my MK5 golf when I got my A6 - to this day I should have kept it but the wife wanted a new car than an 04. She now misses it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

You woke the dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Wife and I picked this up last week after a compromise. I wanted a CLS550 or E63 AMG. She didn't want anything except a 4X4. The X5 is hugley unreliable in V8 form and the ML550 is hard find so this became an obvious choice. Considered a Dodge Durango but they are awful quality inside. Looked at a GL500 too but it was ruled out for being too big. Very impressed especially with overall comfort, the 5.7 HEMI engine is rapid as you want and the standard spec is huge. Currently averaging 12 MPG.

[IMG][/img]PHOTO-2019-11-16-18-22-02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Prepped and waiting for it’s new owner to pick it up. Utterly brilliant car over the last while. Comfy, quick, cheap to run, useful and can put a smile on your face.

B84724-FF-6-F59-497-B-9-A1-B-0507-A696765-F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,143 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Prepped and waiting for it’s new owner to pick it up. Utterly brilliant car over the last while. Comfy, quick, cheap to run, useful and can put a smile on your face.

What are you replacing it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

After the Golf getting to the point of being quite dirty (about 4k km since last wash) I finally gave it a clean today. For little effort it came up quite well. I have the car 4 months now and I still am a bit unsure about it overall tbh.

495463.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

bazz26 wrote: »
    What are you replacing it with?

I have absolutely no idea. Been looking for weeks but haven’t found anything. I’ll probably just get a cheap rental for a couple of weeks and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nice car CIP4. Wow 4 months already. Never realized it was so new. A 2018 car. looks well in white with the bits of black and smoked tail lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Nice car CIP4. Wow 4 months already. Never realized it was so new. A 2018 car. looks well in white with the bits of black and smoked tail lights.

Yes I think white suits them especially with the Brescia alloys that are party black finish. The first owner bought new and traded it for another new 192 GTI TCR so that’s the reason it was traded so soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

CIP4 wrote: »
    After the Golf getting to the point of being quite dirty (about 4k km since last wash) I finally gave it a clean today. For little effort it came up quite well. I have the car 4 months now and I still am a bit unsure about it overall tbh.

What is it about it that you're unsure of? Are you not gelling with it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement