Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate Morons on The Late Late Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

wakka12 wrote: »
    How cold and inconsiderate of you. A lot of this comes down to a complete lack of empathy for those in third world who will bare the brunt of climatic catastrophe, really. If the effects were felt more keenly in the first world, by those who are causing the damage, ironically, then youd see greater change.

If there is any validity to the claims being made by scientists and climate change activists, there are going to be parts of the world that will become uninhabitable due to drought and flooding. The people who live there would migrate to areas of the world that are less affected.

Watch then, the same people who are saying that there's no problem now, lose their shit and start complaining about why we "did nothing" to avert climate change when we had the chance, because millions of "undesirables" will suddenly be on their doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Tony EH wrote: »
    If there is any validity to the claims being made by scientists and climate change activists, there are going to be parts of the world that will become uninhabitable due to drought and flooding. The people who live there would migrate to areas of the world that are less affected.

Watch then, the same people who are saying that there's no problem now, lose their shit and start complaining about why we "did nothing" to avert climate change when we had the chance, because millions of "undesirables" will suddenly be on their doorstep.

I doubt many will be migrating here. According to RTE Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway will be underwater.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

just saw on BBC news that we should all be eating kangaroo instead of beef ....

Let me get this straight, people want it to stay cold in Ireland when it could be warmer? And they are also ok to be taxed for the weather to remain miserable?

Who are the real crackpots????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Field east

Will mainly come from Venice and countries such as Bangladesh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Field east

Why the hell are SUVs even allowed in cities? We need to get tough on this kind of thing and stop letting advertising and big business rule the roost.

Reminds me of discussion I had with a psychologist one time. She made the point of a Dublin resident saving up to buy a car that can reach 60ml/hr in 40 secs - only very expensive cars can achieve that- and going to work every morning doing an average of ,say, 25mi/hr - traffic lights and all that .
    The words ‘ego and status’ comes to mind. Also ‘a must have’ , ‘look at me’ etc, etc etc come to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Let me get this straight, people want it to stay cold in Ireland when it could be warmer? And they are also ok to be taxed for the weather to remain miserable?

Maybe not taxed but why dont we have governments encouraging us to stop our mindless consumerism and promoting reuse and getting us to stop buying rubbish we dont need which fuels dirty factories and pollution

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Motivator wrote: »
    Ireland represents 0.06% of the worlds population. What we do in this country has absolutely no impact on the world’s climate. At 36 years of age, I really don’t need to be lectured by some jumped up privately schooled toadface on a Friday evening telling me to buy second hand jeans in order to save the planet.

Ireland has the 37th highest emissions per capita on the planet. One quarter of the world's population doesn't even have electricity. So your average Irish person in their mid 30s who has had access to electricity since the day they were born will have a carbon footprint many many times greater than your average citizen in Myanmar and Bangladesh those third world countries on the front line of sea levels rising. If you drive a car in Ireland you are contributing more to climate change than your average third world citizen, if you travel by ferry or by plane, the same. Have you ever bought fruit out of season ? because it has to be transported by container ships on the high seas from places as far flung as south America and south Africa... again this has an enormous carbon footprint. Most electronics and clothes are made in the far east again they have to be shipped from there to Ireland which has a huge carbon footprint. So while the total population of Ireland is tiny the average carbon footprint of every Irish person is disproportionately huge in comparison to your average Indonesian.

If we take your stance we are basically saying screw those less fortunate than us who contributed next to nothing per individual to the climate crisis. Remember Irish electrification began in 1946 and was rolled out gradually after this point with most of the country being electrified by the 60s, bear this in mind when you remember 1.5 billion people still have no electricity. That isn't conjecture or the opinion of privately educated students, its a fact however unpalatable it say seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Cordell

If we take your stance we are basically saying screw those less fortunate than us
    They are screwed either way: if we reduce our carbon footprint they will starve, if we don't they will drown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

No you haven't got it straight at all.

Getting warmer comes potentially with a high price, like the sea rising 1 metre.

The scale of works required to solve this problem would be enormous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Cordell

IIRC with the current model Ireland will actually get colder. The gulf stream will be impacted and this is what makes Ireland warmer than it should be today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

easypazz wrote: »

Getting warmer comes potentially with a high price, like the sea rising 1 metre.

Given that a rise would happen gradually over centuries, would we have centuries to complete any required works, in an ever more pleasant climate?

Anyway if the earth is warmer isn't a lot of water going to evaporate from the sea? If it is warm enough to melt ice down into the sea it would surely be warm enough to evaporate more seawater into clouds, these clouds blocking the sun's heat from reaching earth in the first place and counteracting the much-feared greenhouse effect?

Maybe not taxed but why dont we have governments encouraging us to stop our mindless consumerism and promoting reuse and getting us to stop buying rubbish we dont need which fuels dirty factories and pollution

But the people being poisoned by that tend to be in Asia. Look it's win win for Ireland. Warmer weather AND mindless consumerism.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

topper75 wrote: »
    Given that a rise would happen gradually over centuries, would we have centuries to complete any required works, in an ever more pleasant climate?

Anyway if the earth is warmer isn't a lot of water going to evaporate from the sea? If it is warm enough to melt ice down into the sea it would surely be warm enough to evaporate more seawater into clouds, these clouds blocking the sun's heat from reaching earth in the first place and counteracting the much-feared greenhouse effect?

This reads like something out of Viz.
    I really hope you are taking the piss.

easypazz wrote: »

Who did you call for the quote, I'll do ya better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It's all a scam lads. David Icke said so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ireland gets warmer then I'm all down for changing the climate. I do not care about other countries.
    Il be burning tyres from tonight on. I get them free from the tyre recycling yard. The goal will be a continuous burn throughout 2020.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Ireland gets warmer then I'm all down for changing the climate. I do not care about other countries.
    Il be burning tyres from tonight on. I get them free from the tyre recycling yard. The goal will be a continuous burn throughout 2020.

That's the spirit, people can actually fart their way to a warmer Ireland too. Leave no stone unturned and we'll be in shorts and a t shirt year round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

wmq2rihvw5f21.jpg

Stolen from YLYL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Well worth a watch. Interestingly, a lot of Irish, Finnish and Japanese scientists believe we are having absolutely zero impact on climate change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Well worth a watch. Interestingly, a lot of Irish, Finnish and Japanese scientists believe we are having absolutely zero impact on climate change.

That's bullshít. If your "lot of Irish scientists" are the Connolly family then you've already lost the argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Most important bit of that is last 15 seconds. Some lad looking for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Racism, climate change deniar, begging for money.
    Yep an alt right grifter alright.

That fake American accent grates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

It amazes me how so many people are actually proud of displaying their utter ignorance. But then maybe that is the hallmark of ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Climate change is a fad for millennials and the younger generation until it's "not hip anymore" and they'll jump onto the next bandwagon, i guarantee you if you were to ask 50 of these "activists" 10 questions on climate change the vast majority would struggle to answer them all, in fact they'd probably struggle to answer even half.

So yeah it'll all fizzle out eventually until the next hip bandwagon comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

20Cent wrote: »
    Racism, climate change deniar, begging for money.
    Yep an alt right grifter alright.

That fake American accent grates.

He's a bit of a Pr1ck. His accent is awful.
    He recently changed from atheist to Catholic. I'd guess its for money and to impress his US subscribers. He is mad for the money and that's all he wants.
    He talks a lot about taxpayers. I wonder does he pay any himself when he gets a few quid from patreon?
    And he also talks about the family unit and children. But no doubt, is single.
    A bluffer of the highest order.
    Says anything for money!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

that video juat makes too much sense, i bet the climate change kids will need to retire to their safe place after watching this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well of course he'd want to frustrate efforts to combat climate change, the "Mad Max" universe isn't exactly an egalitarian utopia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Blueshoe wrote: »
    A neighbour of mine back in the 80s used to own a tyre fitting place and heated his house by burning tyres in a big furnace. You could smell it half a mile away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

A neighbour of mine back in the 80s used to own a tyre fitting place and heated his house by burning tyres in a big furnace. You could smell it half a mile away.

Recycling;)

Advertisement