Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Wailin wrote: »
    I was out with Brian yesterday and saw the car. Very nice I have to say, it really does look well in the flesh (metal!). Also saw his post on Facebook, he doesn't rate the quality of the paintwork at all does he?

I'm not on Facebook, but someone just showed me! I think the recent post on paint quality referred more to the car that is in today (another white model 3!). On my car there was some poor polishing done on the passenger side door, which Brian caught under the lights, but in fairness it was impossible to see in normal circumstances/light. Otherwise not too bad at all.

I think we all know that Tesla paint isn't the best in the world, but that's the exact reason I brought it to Brian in Spirit - he is top notch and as a result the car was properly prepped & corrected before the ceramic coating went on. As a result unless you have a highly trained detailers eye, you now won't find any flaws in my paintwork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

bf wrote: »
    Ceramic Coating completed today by Brian in Spirit Detailing, top notch work as always. Leather protection put on (for the vegan leather!) and carpets stain guarded.

Nearly a week into ownership and no issues so far

That is beautiful! Our car is currently in with him! Cannot wait to see it! Yours looks fantastic! Hopefully all the muck will roll off it...love it! We'll post our pics when we get it back...hopefully will look as good as yours. Good luck with the car :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

soc wrote: »
    That is beautiful! Our car is currently in with him! Cannot wait to see it! Yours looks fantastic! Hopefully all the muck will roll off it...love it! We'll post our pics when we get it back...hopefully will look as good as yours. Good luck with the car :-)

Unfortunately Brian mentioned paintwork to us on the car he had workers on when we were dropping ours off....apparently paint is quite thinly spread etc.I'm sure we'll get an update today on our paint work 😞 Ours is the one with 'hub caps' on his fb page. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭sk8board

EVGuy wrote: »
    This is a common theme. :( I wonder are we through all the business orders yet?

aren't the cars dribbling in on transporters from the UK? which would mean they are matching orders here with cancellations and stock from the UK, hence no obvious logic to the order that people receive their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Rafal wrote: »
    Order number below 20. Res holder since 2017. Patience being tested.

We are twins except my reservation was not quite as long as your - 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Teslablue

Who does Tesla bank with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Teslablue wrote: »
    Who does Tesla bank with?

Citibank

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Chaz76

Called in to Tesla Sandyford earlier to pick up a wall charger. Counted at least 15 M3s there stuffed in every corner. The guys in the showroom said they were swamped getting the business orders out. Told one of the guys I placed an order early October and he said to expect late Jan/early Feb delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Think I left just before you were due to arrive yesterday evening! Hope you’re happy with the finished product

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Unfortunately Brian mentioned paintwork to us on the car he had workers on when we were dropping ours off....apparently paint is quite thinly spread etc.I'm sure we'll get an update today on our paint work �� Ours is the one with 'hub caps' on his fb page. Lol

Common problem on the M3, from what I’ve read and watched on YT.
    Seen the pics of both cars on FB over the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 actionmo

mouthful wrote: »
    We are twins except my reservation was not quite as long as your - 2018

I feel like a veteran! Reservation since day 1 in April 2016, ordered on May 31st, have a date in my account for November 26th but not sure whether to read too much into it. Tried calling Sandyford a few times today but no answer. It’s a business order too so it’s hard to figure out. By the way I’m a company director who isn’t absolutely loaded so I’m financing a good % of the car, just to address some of the crazy stuff that was said a couple of days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

actionmo wrote: »
    I feel like a veteran!

So I'm the 4th quad (2017 Res, 20's order). Private buyer and not a peep from Sandyford. Since SEAI, Insurance etc apparently take weeks, even if they called me in the morning, I'd defer to 2020 at this stage. However my worry is this slooo rollout is gonna stay slow and get worse around the next Jan 31 Brexit date if the UK office are deciding things.

Order numbers were north of 400 when I stopped graphing them back in Sept - and we've had what, <100 deliveries in 3months. That's a year's backlog at their current rates and I don't think I'd be interested in a 202 plate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Someone on the FB group has mentioned they are just about getting 180 miles (290kms) out of a fully charged LR with the current weather.

Any of the current owners offer an opinion on what range they are getting at the moment compared to "official" figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

MaceFace wrote: »
    Someone on the FB group has mentioned they are just about getting 180 miles (290kms) out of a fully charged LR with the current weather.

Any of the current owners offer an opinion on what range they are getting at the moment compared to "official" figures?

I would say that might be accurate at motorway speeds with cold weather and high winds

I posted my results a few pages back with a Performance Model 3

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The weather isn't bad, it's going to get colder and windier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

MaceFace wrote: »

Not sure about that, i have the SR+ WLTP 409km / EPA 386km and went to Offaly and back on Sunday.
    Roundtrip ~230km, left on 90% and back on 20%

Wasnt driving it very hard, maybe that the issue?

LR 560Km WLTP / EPA 500Km

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

The weather isn't bad, it's going to get colder and windier.

Maybe, when I tracked my trip it was 3C and 40km/h with 60km/h gusts wind

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

My Hyundai Ioniq has a range between 170 km and 250 km- same driving style-same roads- the difference is between a cold wet dark winters night and a beautiful summers day- that is EVs for you- apology if this is deemed off topic but I hoped it might provide guidance-

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I was talking to a recent M3 owner today who ordered in June, and there's people who ordered years ago.

It's a bizarre carry on. I'd love to know whose fault this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Lumen wrote: »
    I was talking to a recent M3 owner today who ordered in June, and there's people who ordered years ago.

Business users got escalated due to SEAI grant being halted.
    I was one of those.
    I would have been happy if it was the other around if the personal SEAI grant was being halted.

It's well worth the wait everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Lumen wrote: »

Yeah at this stage its fair to call it Monty Python levels of carry on.
    Last comms was that silly email saying November/Dec. At this stage their best approach would be an email to basically say, we hope to deliver cars in Q1 2020, but due to xyz it could be Q2 2020. They should pull the estimated deliver date from the site, it's the cause of massive confusion and ultimately disappointment as it's Tesla time, not actual real useful time.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

eddhorse wrote: »

It's well worth the wait everybody.

Easy to say when you're not the one being shafted.

Easy to say when you're not the one being shafted.

I'd buy that Ford tomorrow if they could deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

jusmeig wrote: »
    Yeah at this stage its fair to call it Monty Python levels of carry on.
    Last comms was that silly email saying November/Dec. At this stage their best approach would be an email to basically say, we hope to deliver cars in Q1 2020, but due to xyz it could be Q2 2020. They should pull the estimated deliver date from the site, it's the cause of massive confusion and ultimately disappointment as it's Tesla time, not actual real useful time.

Tesla never seem to learn from any of their car launches, we are a mirror of what happened when the 3 started being sold in the US, then the UK and elsewhere in Europe that got in ahead of us.
    They build a great product but are completely inept on the delivery side and managing peoples expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Tesla make these decisions centrally and they dont give a damn for Ireland, a tiny little market. The rush to supply the UK before Brexit and the need to fulfill mainland Europe huge orders from leasing companies put us on the back burner. We are not dealing with dealerships like a regular car company so they really have no control over things.

How the few cars that get in are allocated seems very random, and I can totally understand the frustrations of a early order holders, but at the end of the day we are all free to cancel our orders and get something else if we want to. I have made a promise to myself not to get aggravated as Tesla dont care (they can sell my car 10 times over in a heartbeat) and the only person who will stress is me.

As for people who order today getting Feb deliveries...that seems very optimistic unless they airdrop 400 into Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

Tesla make these decisions centrally and they dont give a damn for Ireland, a tiny little market. The rush to supply the UK before Brexit and the need to fulfill mainland Europe huge orders from leasing companies put us on the back burner. We are not dealing with dealerships like a regular car company so they really have no control over things.

How the few cars that get in are allocated seems very random, and I can totally understand the frustrations of a early order holders, but at the end of the day we are all free to cancel our orders and get something else if we want to. I have made a promise to myself not to get aggravated as Tesla dont care (they can sell my car 10 times over in a heartbeat) and the only person who will stress is me.

As for people who order today getting Feb deliveries...that seems very optimistic unless they airdrop 400 into Sandyford.

Tesla don't give a damn about any market going by the problems each and every market segment has had (including the US) with the launch of their cars. The issues I read on here are the same one's I read on the US forums when the 3 launched there. They would save themselves a lot of grief if they just gave realistic delivery dates and spent some money on Customer Service training.

We don't want to cancel...we want to complain bitterly on this thread to pass the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭blue chuzzle

I was just there a few minutes ago and the place is absolutely rammed with Model 3s, all the spaces in front, most of the spaces on the side of the building, i didn't see behind the building as the mud was churned up but i could see the top of a line of cars back there too. They also had the door to the workshop open and there were at least 6 more in there.

👍👌💥👊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

even 200 is not going to make a appreciable difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can't be a lot more on order if the invoice numbers are correct, just passed 400 without taking account of cancellations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement