Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

jmreire wrote: »
    OH, that's OK, shoot the messenger!!! Instead of the sarcasm and criticising why or how I posted it, why don't you concentrate on the merit of it? Just how dangerous is a Tesla when it's involved in a collision? Or do you think that posting a Tesla issue on a Tesla thread is irrelevant ??

Yes, I do think it's irrelevant. This is an article from a regional Austrian newspaper, about a car released in 2012, the Tesla Model S. As already pointed out, the Model S uses 18500 cells with a different chemistry. Electric cars are also far less likely to combust than cars powered by combustion, but don't let that get in the way of a good story, in Austrian, posted by your Austrian friend...Hans...Gruber.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kicha

rocky wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, when I ordered the difference was less than 4k between LR (59k+) and Performance (63k) - worth it for sure, if only for the fact you'll get most if not all of that at resale.

That's my recollection to when I ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

jusmeig wrote: »
    Yes, I do think it's irrelevant. This is an article from a regional Austrian newspaper, about a car released in 2012, the Tesla Model S. As already pointed out, the Model S uses 18500 cells with a different chemistry. Electric cars are also far *less* likely to combust than cars powered by combustion, but don't let that get in the way of a good story, in Austrian, posted by your Austrian friend...Hans...Gruber.

Fixed it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

That's because your using right hand drive lights in left hand drive countries. I'd assume there's a way to switch them from right to left hand for traveling in Europe. I think the Tesla should do it automatically once your connected to the internet in a foreign country. Obviously didn't.

I was driving a German Model 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

are there any plans to open up a Tesla garage in Cork/Waterford/Limerick/Galway?

would be a buying concern for me regarding servicing, warranty issues and if i need to call into the Tesla for some small quick fix etc.

I assume breakdown assistance and transport car to Dublin would be covered.

picking up a spare Tesla while my Telsa is in the garage for repairs means a long drive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    are there any plans to open up a Tesla garage in Cork/Waterford/Limerick/Galway?

Doubtful. Sales would need to sky rocket before they could justify more service centres in this small island I'd say.
    would be a buying concern for me regarding servicing, warranty issues and if i need to call into the Tesla for some small quick fix etc.

You can use a mobile "Tesla ranger" who will call to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

picking up a spare Tesla while my Telsa is in the garage for repairs means a long drive

500 km round trip for me! Repairs can be undertaken in Galway (paint etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

maxresdefault.jpg
    Savage!

Any Irish suppliers doing after market wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

mouthful wrote: »
    500 km round trip for me! Repairs can be undertaken in Galway (paint etc)

can you explain this a little more please? are you taking about the "Tesla Ranger"

or is there a garage in Galway that is approved to do paint repairs for tesla?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Wailin

bf wrote: »
    ceramic-1.jpg
    ceramic-5.jpg

ceramic2.jpg
    Inkedceramic-6-LI.jpg

Ceramic Coating completed today by Brian in Spirit Detailing, top notch work as always. Leather protection put on (for the vegan leather!) and carpets stain guarded.

Nearly a week into ownership and no issues so far

I was out with Brian yesterday and saw the car. Very nice I have to say, it really does look well in the flesh (metal!). Also saw his post on Facebook, he doesn't rate the quality of the paintwork at all does he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Savage!

Any Irish suppliers doing after market wheels?

Not sure on the wheels, will take some time Id say.

But the chrome delete really makes this look also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

can you explain this a little more please? are you taking about the "Tesla Ranger"

or is there a garage in Galway that is approved to do paint repairs for tesla?

If the job doesn't have to be done in-house, Tesla will send a man in a van to do it at your home or work site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I've seen a white one around here in Cork a couple of times - does it belong to anyone here?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

Looks amazing alright - this are a SR+ or LR type wheels right?
    Very keen to do something with the wheels (apart from just the wheel nut covers etc that I have ready to go).
    Picking mine up tomorrow - basic, basic, basic - Black/Black SR+ but still very excited if not slightly regretting already I didn't go for performance.
    Tried to change my Toll Pass over to the Tesla and they don't have 'Tesla' in the drop down - got it sorted though.
    Got the reg number (nice reg number) but insurance online couldn't see it, so needed to go through all that on the phone which took time but got there in the end. (Axa) - same quote as my previous car - 520 141d.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hartunion wrote: »
    Very keen to do something with the wheels (apart from just the wheel nut covers etc that I have ready to go).
    Picking mine up tomorrow - basic, basic, basic - Black/Black SR+ but still very excited if not slightly regretting already I didn't go for performance.
    Tried to change my Toll Pass over to the Tesla and they don't have 'Tesla' in the drop down - got it sorted though.
    Got the reg number (nice reg number) but insurance online couldn't see it, so needed to go through all that on the phone which took time but got there in the end. (Axa) - same quote as my previous car - 520 141d.
    I was the same, ended up selecting "other - other"
    I don't qualify for the toll discount until I get the Irish plates so I'm not bothered yet, will have to call them as you say, as it's not there in the dropdown

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

Hartunion wrote: »

They can hardly get you a good reg with a few 3333s in it can they?

smokybacon wrote: »
    They can hardly get you a good reg with a few 3333s in it can they?

How do you do that get a certain reg? Was it you mentioned you got an insurance company that will let you hold onto your no claims if you take it out of the company in the future..

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

You can pre-book regs here, but you have to order in advance and after the of 1st November and wait until the number comes up "naturally", i.e. at least that many cars sold in the county.

It's also €1000.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/guide-to-vrt/vehicle-registration-tax/registration-plates.aspx

Something with 7735 in it might be funny. A bit like the guy in NA with the plate "Fwaud". ;)

EVGuy wrote: »
    You can pre-book regs here, but you have to order ages in advance (months) and wait until the number comes up "naturally", i.e. at least that many cars sold in the county.

It's also €1000.

A €1000? I think my current car someone prebooked the reg, good to know when I'm selling it...have you a link?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A €1000? I think my current car someone prebooked the reg, good to know when I'm selling it...have you a link?

Depends on the year.
    It used to be €315 to pick a reg and the government thought they would cash in and increase it. Not many people precooked regs after that.

I had 02d270 on and old Merc ML 270cdi before, pre booked my merc ireland.

• Advertisement

Link now in my post, to the revenue page, just scroll down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

How do you do that get a certain reg? Was it you mentioned you got an insurance company that will let you hold onto your no claims if you take it out of the company in the future..

Put it this way - If only they called it the model 2 - I would be laughing!!!

I've 5 x 2's in the reg.

192D2222

(there is a missing digit in there, because for whatever reason I don't get, seems to be the thing to cover a reg plates, maybe someone can explain why)!!

So you don't get stopped and hassled by your online stalkers? ;)

You can also think of it as "4 twos" in the 2nd part which sounds like 42, the meaning of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

At what point did people who already have their cars hear from Tesla? I've a delivery appointment scheduled for next Wednesday and still haven't heard a word from them since I sent them the seai forms.

My appointment is also next Wed and no contact from Tesla yet. Fingers crossed it all happens last minute. See you next week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

Rafal wrote: »
    My appointment is also next Wed and no contact from Tesla yet. Fingers crossed it all happens last minute. See you next week! :)

order number lads? I'm early - to - mid 200s. would ideally get to January before collecting at this rate.

I'm also really curious about the order numbers, maybe a call for me next week if they are getting up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

kev22185 wrote: »
    order number lads? I'm early - to - mid 200s. would ideally get to January before collecting at this rate.

Order number below 20. Res holder since 2017. Patience being tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

Order number below 20. Res holder since 2017. Patience being tested.

Order 56, October 2018 res. Also pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I called them earlier. They basically said that date meant nothing and they'd be in contact when the car is ready and they are able to invoice me, but it should be "shortly".

• Advertisement

This is a common theme. :( I wonder are we through all the business orders yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement