Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 thread - V2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Hartunion

Just did the exact same thing today... Transferred the reddies today and waiting on a reg plate. Picking up Wednesday also...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Yea it's that big of a gap I'm looking at business pricing it's
    € 72,131 vs € 64,573 (€7558)
    Just trying to figure out where the long range is loosing all the power when driving that makes the performance worth the difference.

If I remember correctly, when I ordered the difference was less than 4k between LR (59k+) and Performance (63k) - worth it for sure, if only for the fact you'll get most if not all of that at resale.

Anyone else thinking they forgot to fill the windscreen fluid? I went to the car to top it up, only to discover it's already full and the wiper button has 2 press settings...

/noob

Finally, 5% more power overnight? yes, that's exactly what was missing on the previously 460HP car ;) . Must be close to 500HP now?

I like it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

Hartunion wrote: »
    Just did the exact same thing today... Transferred the reddies today and waiting on a reg plate. Picking up Wednesday also...

Order number?

Have we passed #150 yet?

For those that "got the call" how much notice did you get before having to have the funds sent and then before delivery.

Sorry if this was answered before.

TIA!
    rocky wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking they forgot to fill the windscreen fluid? I went to the car to top it up, only to discover it's already full and the wiper button has 2 press settings...

/noob

It will let you know when it's low. /notanoob ;)
    rocky wrote: »
    Finally, 5% more power overnight? yes, that's exactly what was missing on the previously 460HP car ;) . Must be close to 500HP now?

I like it!

Bjorn was seeing 400kW being pulled from the battery before the update, that's 536HP, not that the motors, inverter etc. are 100% efficient. Who wants to be first on a dyno?

Maybe we shouldn't be advertising the power on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm feeling a bit of FOMO after ordering the LR AWD, particularly now that the price difference is 6.5k (it was only 4k ish when I ordered).

The thing is, I've owned a 4s to 60mph car before and I never felt that it needed to be faster. I should probably spend less time on Youtube...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lumen wrote: »
    I'm feeling a bit of FOMO after ordering the LR AWD, particularly now that the price difference is 6.5k (it was only 4k ish when I ordered).

Nothing a bit of red caliper paint can't fix for €10, long range seems to be clocking 4.1s 0-60mph since the latest software upgrade.
    Have you got yours?

Have you got yours?
    Nope, I'm well down the list.

Nope, I'm well down the list.

Chatting to them this morning any orders placed today should have delivery in January or early February, won't take long to clear the backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭hwr5ytu356

Chatting to them this morning any orders placed today should have delivery in January or early February, won't take long to clear the backlog.

I hope they are correct but "Tesla Time" is very hard to figure out. I am also reading that they are switching production back to left hand drives for the US market. I don't think the lads in Sandyford have any inside track on delivery times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bharath.balla

At what point did people who already have their cars hear from Tesla? I've a delivery appointment scheduled for next Wednesday and still haven't heard a word from them since I sent them the seai forms.

same here. Nothing heard yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Don't believe this, not for a second. No Jacobs...do this sales team have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,338 ✭✭✭jmreire

Not to put a dampener on the Tesla thread, but a friend of mine has posted a very interesting article on them, especially in a collision situation.

https://tirol.orf.at/stories/3021270/?fbclid=IwAR1LQKz3t--VbJnQfiUNWLdcVOpgWdZFaDLfzGcoGMtMTxBTD9n2dZzv86c

jmreire wrote: »
    Not to put a dampener on the Tesla thread, but a friend of mine has posted a very interesting article on them, especially in a collision situation.

https://tirol.orf.at/stories/3021270/?fbclid=IwAR1LQKz3t--VbJnQfiUNWLdcVOpgWdZFaDLfzGcoGMtMTxBTD9n2dZzv86c

Does your friend speak/post English?

"The liquid in which the accident car was cooled by Lake Walchsee is a dangerously poisonous brew, but now a coveted drop."

Or maybe it's just G-48 ethylene-glycol coolant, like it says in the owner's manual.

Emergency Response Guide - Tesla (for Model S)
    https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/2016_Model_S_Emergency_Response_Guide_en.pdf

That article begs the question is there any company in Ireland approved to recycle a damaged Tesla battery, there seems to be only 2 in Europe. I can't see how we would be allowed to ship or fly them from here.

To quote the article "the Walchsee Tesla show that the manufacturer has probably not thought too much about it. Here one has failed to think from cradle to stretcher, says Freudenthaler. The producer made something without thinking about how to dispose of these things"

jusmeig wrote: »
    Does your friend speak/post English?

Its a link he sent to me, and I used google Translate. Worked fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,866 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

"The liquid in which the accident car was cooled by Lake Walchsee is a dangerously poisonous brew, but now a coveted drop."

Or maybe it's just G-48 ethylene-glycol coolant, like it says in the owner's manual.

Emergency Response Guide - Tesla (for Model S)
    https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/2016_Model_S_Emergency_Response_Guide_en.pdf

Or more likely it was the heavy metals like Nickle and Cobalt, and of the much lighter metal lithium. And probably compounds thereof and other nasties resulting from the considerable amount of combustion of parts of the battery and the materials it comprises.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Or more likely it was the heavy metals like Nickle and Cobalt, and of the much lighter metal lithium. And probably compounds thereof and other nasties resulting from the considerable amount of combustion of parts of the battery and the materials it comprises.

There is one paragraph where the fire brigade say's that they don't know the exact composition of the battery as Tesla are keeping it secret ( trade secret ) So this has hindered them in how to deal with it. They don't know how toxic it is, and are keeping it at arms length...they think that it may erupt in flame's again.

• Advertisement

There is one paragraph where the fire brigade say's that they don't know the exact composition of the battery as Tesla are keeping it secret ( trade secret ) So this has hindered them in how to deal with it. They don't know how toxic it is, and are keeping it at arms length...they think that it may erupt in flame's again.

Ok, thanks for this. I'm ending my 5+ year love affair based on a local Austrian news article, written by your friend and translated into English by Google. Again, Tesla fud on a fanboy thread is like walking into a Celtic pub with a Rangers jersey, using a union jack as your Superman cape.

That's also a Model S, not a Model 3 in the picture...the only part of the article I understood...although I like the word E-Autowracks

That's also a Model S, not a Model 3 in the picture...the only part of the article I understood...although I like the word E-Autowracks

Tesla Model 3 or S, I presume that they are using the same battery technology?

Re Translation, that's strange, it worked fine for me, and no problem understanding it.

Ok, thanks for this. I'm ending my 5+ year love affair based on a local Austrian news article, written by your friend and translated into English by Google. Again, Tesla fud on a fanboy thread is like walking into a Celtic pub with a Rangers jersey, using a union jack as your Superman cape.

I would not really worry about it...Of course I posted it on a Tesla thread....not much point posting it on a Ford thread, is there? I thought that it was an interesting point to bring up. But if you think it's irrelevant, that's OK no problem !! If you are a dedicated Tesla fanboy..go right ahead !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

They don't use the same batteries, no.

I would not really worry about it...Of course I posted it on a Tesla thread....not much point posting it on a Ford thread, is there? I thought that it was an interesting point to bring up. But if you think it's irrelevant, that's OK no problem !! If you are a dedicated Tesla fanboy..go right ahead !!! :D

I never said it was not interesting. I'd like to thank you for looking out for me, and the safety of the other Model 3 owners and potential owners.

I just went to the Ford forum, and posted an article claiming "Ford's powered by combustion are likely to combust", written by my mate in Italian, because that is helpful.

I never said it was not interesting. I'd like to thank you for looking out for me, and the safety of the other Model 3 owners and potential owners.

I just went to the Ford forum, and posted an article claiming "Ford's powered by combustion are likely to combust", written by my mate in Italian, because that is helpful.

OH, that's OK, shoot the messenger!!! Instead of the sarcasm and criticising why or how I posted it, why don't you concentrate on the merit of it? Just how dangerous is a Tesla when it's involved in a collision? Or do you think that posting a Tesla issue on a Tesla thread is irrelevant ??

Jesus speaking of Ford they've gone full retard. At least VW launched the new golf under a new brand just in case it doesn't all work out. How they could do that to the Mustang name is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

ceramic-1.jpg
    ceramic-5.jpg

ceramic2.jpg
    Inkedceramic-6-LI.jpg

Ceramic Coating completed today by Brian in Spirit Detailing, top notch work as always. Leather protection put on (for the vegan leather!) and carpets stain guarded.

Nearly a week into ownership and no issues so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

OH, that's OK, shoot the messenger!!! Instead of the sarcasm and criticising why or how I posted it, why don't you concentrate on the merit of it? Just how dangerous is a Tesla when it's involved in a collision? Or do you think that posting a Tesla issue on a Tesla thread is irrelevant ??

Different batteries so it doesn't belong in a Model 3 thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement