Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

It reads like it was paid for by Maria Bailey. It argues that public shaming doesn't deal with the problem. I think it did in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Enough is enough? Is Horan having a laugh? For her info, Bailey has nobody but herself to blame for this charade. Bailey brought it all on herself, purely by her own actions.

I would say to horan ‘ let this be a lesson to any other potential fraudster’.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Clickity click click.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Saw this earlier.

This is easily the most embarrassing and pathetic and worrying thing You’ll ever see.

And you’re all worried about Muslims and travelers.

Jaysis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I flicked through the video, what am I missing?
    Swim race to do a shot and back again? The angle and shouting was too annoying to watch the full video on this pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

The crux of the article is that Bailey is a victim and we the general public have been bullying her for the last 6 months and should be ashamed of ourselves.

I've tweeted Niamh Horan to let her know what I think of her 'journalism' and her article.

https://twitter.com/NiamhHoran

I suggest anyone who is as offended by this delusional nonsense do the same.

The vast majority of tweets back to Niamh are entirely unsympathetic to her point of view and rightly so

• Registered Users Posts: 51,496 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Suckit wrote: »
    I flicked through the video, what am I missing?
    Swim race to do a shot and back again? The angle and shouting was too annoying to watch the full video on this pc.

I thought Bailey fell in or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Saw this earlier.

This is easily the most embarrassing and pathetic and worrying thing You’ll ever see.

And you’re all worried about Muslims and travelers.

Jaysis

Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    The vast majority of tweets back to Niamh are entirely unsympathetic to her point of view and rightly so

I don’t do tweets so plead ignorance. Has Niamh retweeted explaining her plane of thought?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I don’t do tweets so plead ignorance. Has Niamh retweeted explaining her plane of thought?

You don't need to be on Twitter to read the tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Josepha Madigan on Newstalk with Pat Kenny right now, let's see if he grills her on Bailey, and her advising her legally to try and extract cash from a local business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Josepha Madigan on Newstalk with Pat Kenny right now, let's see if he grills her on Bailey, and her advising her legally to try and extract cash from a local business.

I doubt it but it's interesting that Madigan only now feels brave enough to do serious interviews. She was hiding for 6 months!

I doubt it but it's interesting that Madigan only now feels brave enough to do serious interviews. She was hiding for 6 months!

Said "you'd need to have a heart of stone not to feel sorry for Maria" - but in the next breath refused to give any indication of whether or not she felt she should have been removed from the ticket.

She similarly brushed away questions relating to Verona Murphy.

I had no more typed out that initial post, when what should pop up on my news feed?

Maria Bailey questions process which saw her deselected

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That's got to stick in her throat a little, listening to Madigan talking on the same show that she destroyed her career on, after possibly giving her the advice that started the whole debacle.
    It's only been a week since she was deselected. Hopefully she will come back with all guns blazing after she has had some time tp process it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Suckit wrote: »
    That's got to stick in her throat a little, listening to Madigan talking on the same show that she destroyed her career on, after possibly giving her the advice that started the whole debacle.
    It's only been a week since she was deselected. Hopefully she will come back with all guns blazing after she has had some time tp process it all.

Wouldn't count on it suckit. That might be the fetishised fantasy of some of the more obsessive poster here but it's unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Said "you'd need to have a heart of stone not to feel sorry for Maria" - but in the next breath refused to give any indication of whether or not she felt she should have been removed from the ticket.

I had no more typed out that initial post, when what should pop up on my news feed?

She’s unbelievable really. No reason given??? Is she for real

It’s for the court to decide Seán :pac:

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/there-was-no-reason-given-maria-bailey-questions-process-used-to-deselect-her-as-fine-gael-candidate-38710106.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bailey isn't going to let this go. We know she's fond of claims likely litigious too. It's the FG ingrained sense of self entitlement.
    Leo is in a dodgy spot. He said she was exonerated and the party line was she paid the price etc. So she's got the material for a fight back.

Bailey isn't going to let this go. We know she's fond of claims likely litigious too. It's the FG ingrained sense of self entitlement.
    Leo is in a dodgy spot. He said she was exonerated and the party line was she paid the price etc. So she's got the material for a fight back.

This Matt.

Leo painted himself into the corner on that one, lack of foresight and gumption.

Did Kenny ask any hard questions? I doubt he did as he’s one of the entitled himself,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,207 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What is she going to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Did Kenny ask any hard questions? I doubt he did as he’s one of the entitled himself,

Fond of a lawsuit too

Interesting article. It suggests removing her from the ticket was all Leo's doing. He must be fuming he did not deal with it at the start.
    And he didn't even give a reason for de-selecting her. I hope she comes out fighting.
    6 months+ of very bad press leading into an election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The lack of self awareness and sense of entitlement beggers belief. Very worrying that this is the mindset of an Irish politician.

She basically thinks she should be let away with trying to break the law.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The lack of self awareness and sense of entitlement beggers belief. Very worrying that this is the mindset of an Irish politician.

She basically thinks she should be let away with trying to break the law.

Typical politician. Necks like a jockey’s *******.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    What is she going to do?

Still no opinion either way?

Anyway....
    'I would like to thank God': Jubilant Perry added to Fine Gael election ticket after court battle
    https://www.thejournal.ie/john-perry-fine-gael-3-2516053-Dec2015/

Not sure Blanch... off you go and regroup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

How can they say she was exonerated

She lied on legal documents
    She lied in her statement that she couldn't do her normal hobbies - like running - but then ran a 10K race 3 weeks later

She's a proven liar - she should go quietly

How can they say she was exonerated

She lied on legal documents
    She lied in her statement that she couldn't do her normal hobbies - like running - but then ran a 10K race 3 weeks later

She's a proven liar - she should go quietly

To be fair Alan Farrell lied about his car damage and 18 months of whiplash pain after a 'collision' from a car rolling into him at 5mph. He won 2,500 Euro even though there were pictures of him up a ladder hanging posters soon after the incident. He is still a Fine Gael TD.
    Fine Gael TD Alan Farrell alleged he would have to have more than €880 worth of repairs done to his car following a minor collision - but later dropped a claim for material damage after photos of the vehicle were shown in court.
    Mr Farrell was awarded €2,500 for his injuries, but Judge Coghlan said there was "little or no notation to back up a claim of significant whiplash".

Double standards again from the Insurance Fraud party.

Tbf mother Madigan was on the show to talk about priests etc, and he didn't let Josepha just slither away at the end like I think she would like to have done, he actually asked for her to remain where she was so as he could ask her about two other very important questions he had.

Verona Murphy

Maria Bailey.

Madigan didn't sound very comfortable answering either tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭jmreire

To be fair Alan Farrell lied about his car damage and 18 months of whiplash pain after a 'collision' from a car rolling into him at 5mph. He won 2,500 Euro even though there were pictures of him up a ladder hanging posters soon after the incident. He is still a Fine Gael TD.

Double standards again from the Insurance Fraud party.

It was €2500 PLUS COST's........and the costs came to much more than the award. Had Farrell lost the case, he would have been responsible fo the costs himself....draw your own conclusion's !!!

Advertisement