Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 208e 50kWh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The ride is a real issue......

1) reviewers often have preferences for a firmer set up. So will feel worse for normal drivers.

2) it's coming up on every review.

3) These launches often on decent roads etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Just posted on Facebook Ev group can’t find any other link for it.
    Peugeot e-208. Active version from €27,334 plus delivery, inclusive of SEAI grant and VRT relief.

No prices for other specs GT line is about £3k more in the Uk so €31k ball park here?

Doesn’t seem too bad value especially compared to the Kona?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Ryath wrote: »
    Peugeot e-208. Active version from €27,334 plus delivery, inclusive of SEAI grant and VRT relief.

No prices for other specs GT line is about £3k more in the Uk so €31k ball park here?

€27334 sounds to me like someone has done a currency conversion from somewhere and put it up as fact :)

The price is decent enough though if it is true but I can't find anything official from Peugeot on it either.

Possibly but Peugeot don’t seem to round their prices off, edit well actually they do to nearest 5

https://media.peugeot.ie/file/21/6/peugeot-passenger-cars-retail-price-list.pdf?lcdv16=1PI4SYFKQ5U0A0E0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Good deal for 50kWh battery

100kW charging standard as well

Kona can barely get 70kW

Not much difference in size either, Kona is a tiny car

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Have we finally found a car that passes the Thierry test?

liamog wrote: »
    Have we finally found a car that passes the Thierry test?

It would Liam

Honestly it's very very close

Price, range, charge speed, size is grand even

Its just a small bit too slow I think, I'll have to test drive it but it looks sluggish

1800kg/136bhp is not a good ratio, will be lacking at motorway speed when torque is gone I think.

Won't write it off till I drive it, sport mode

Just seems very sluggish for 0-60 in 8 secs

https://youtu.be/RK9Gmm7vzfg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The base version does only come with 7kW on-board charger.
    (Optional upgrade to 11kW in the UK for £300)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Just seems very sluggish for 0-60 in 8 secs

https://youtu.be/RK9Gmm7vzfg

Don't believe any eejit doing a YT video of the acceleration of his car. Use a reliable comparison web site instead.

Or go test drive it yourself. But I've no doubt it will be faster away from the lights than any Fabia ;)

If you need an EV that can accelerate significantly faster than that, you need to buy a BMW i3 BEV (is there a reason you are not buying one second hand?) or save up for a Tesla

unkel wrote: »
    Don't believe any eejit doing a YT video of the acceleration of his car. Use a reliable comparison web site instead.

Or go test drive it yourself. But I've no doubt it will be faster away from the lights than any Fabia ;)

If you need an EV that can accelerate significantly faster than that, you need to buy a BMW i3 BEV (is there a reason you are not buying one second hand?) or save up for a Tesla

It will be faster away from lights for sure, by alot

No interest in accelerating hard around pedestrians/traffic

Only place I use grunt is on motorway and it won't match my old Fabia there, it will be much slower past 100kmh

Like i3 and its def got the power, but plan to keep car a long tíme and not a chance I am keeping a BMW a long tíme

Merchanics dont call BMW ( Bring Money Withyou) for no reason, that rex is supposed to be very troublesome and BEV don't got the range

Tesla too expensive, don't do loans, especially not for cars

• Advertisement

Pretty close with my aproximation for the GT Line €31,040!

Full price list
    https://media.peugeot.ie/file/77/5/new-peugeot-208-2019-spec-sheet.pdf?lcdv16=1PP2000000A5

Active €27,334
    Allure €28,994
    GT Line €31,040
    GT €32,660

It it pretty resonable premium of about €4k over the 1.2 petrol auto 130bhp versions I think. I'm a little tempted but in reality it's too small and I need to able to put a towbar on it for a bike rack.

Full price list
    https://media.peugeot.ie/file/77/5/new-peugeot-208-2019-spec-sheet.pdf?lcdv16=1PP2000000A5

Active €27,334
    Allure €28,994
    GT Line €31,040
    GT €32,660

It it pretty resonable premium of about €4k over the 1.2 petrol auto 130bhp versions I think. I'm a little tempted but in reality it's too small and I need to able to put a towbar on it for a bike rack.

Wonder will they do they scrappage?

Be very tempting then

With Leaf62 now €34,000 after scrappage they might?

Not sure whats better value

Allure spec 208e at 29k or Leaf62k at 34k

Leaf is much larger and faster with 218bhp, but Peugeot charges alot quicker

Range at 120kmh will be similar, both not doing much over 200km at that speed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Full price list

Active €27,334
    Allure €28,994
    GT Line €31,040
    GT €32,660

Very similar to new the Zoe prices. I’d choose the peutgeot over the Renault purely for design purposes as otherwise they are very similar specs, peutgeot slightly less range.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

do you happen to have the new renault zoe ireland prices? I can't seem find them.

spannerism wrote: »
    do you happen to have the new renault zoe ireland prices? I can't seem find them.

Was given a little booklet that all dealers were given with the prices but doesn’t include delivery etc which they were getting proper prices this month. However they are pretty much the same price, 26k for basic, 28-30k for the second step up and 32k for the final model (names have slipped me as I don’t have the boiler with me atm, I’ll dm you properly what it says later on). . Believe the second step is 28k and goes up to 30k if you do r135

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

spannerism wrote: »

Renault Zoe Price list (price including full battery purchase, I think!)

Expression Nav €25,560
    Dynamique Nav €27,990
    S Edition €28,990
    Signature Nav €30,260

https://www.renault.ie/vehicles/new-vehicles/zoe/configure.html#configure/A

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

GeneHunt wrote: »
    Renault Zoe Price list (price including full battery purchase, I think!)

Expression Nav €25,560
    Dynamique Nav €27,990
    S Edition €28,990
    Signature Nav €30,260

https://www.renault.ie/vehicles/new-vehicles/zoe/configure.html#configure/A

That is old model

Here’s the Zoe prices I was given, add on a bit more for metallic paint and delivery aswell. Similar enough to the e208 but the 208 has a nicer design imo

ppnmKB2.jpg

They are decent prices too

Think 208e is much better value in base form

136bhp vs 110bhp

Way faster charging, looks way better, liquid cooling

Bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Think 208e is much better value...
    Way faster charging, ..., liquid cooling

I'd hold your fire on the charging front until you see some unbiased reviews. The new Ioniq apparently has liquid cooling and look what they did to that!

And there's #coldgate to consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

KCross wrote: »
    I'd hold your fire on the charging front until you see some unbiased reviews. The new Ioniq apparently has liquid cooling and look what they did to that!

And there's #coldgate to consider.

Peugeot claims a 30 minute to 80 percent time on 100 kw charger Vs Hyundais 54 mins.

Think Renault are close to an hour too.

Renault and Peugeot use similar size battery but Renault use cool air/fan based active cooling Vs Peugeot's liquid cooling.

Yes the Peugeot will take longer then 30 mins on 50 kw charger clearly.

But Mike's view that the Peugeot will charge faster is a reasonable based on what we know to date.

Edit - I prefer the Renault - am not happy with what the reviews are saying on the Peugeot's ride.

Have driven the older Zoe and was happy with the ride on that.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Peugeot claims a 30 minute to 80 percent time on 100 kw charger Vs Hyundais 54 mins.

Think Renault are close to an hour too.

Renault and Peugeot use similar size battery but Renault use cool air/fan based active cooling Vs Peugeot's liquid cooling.

Yes the Peugeot will take longer then 30 mins on 50 kw charger clearly.

But Mike's view that the Peugeot will charge faster is a reasonable based on what we know to date.

Edit - I prefer the Renault - am not happy with what the reviews are saying on the Peugeot's ride.

Have driven the older Zoe and was happy with the ride on that.

I just dont trust anything to do with charging times on manufacturers marketing. We've seen it enough of times now with rapidgate, coldgate and a liquid cooled Ioniq that is worse than the Leaf!

Its like getting an NEDC figure... yes it will do that mpg in a specific set of circumstances but what will it do in my real world all year round.

But I agree the indications are that it will be faster but I wouldnt be putting down a deposit on the strength of it yet until I see a Bjorn review or such! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Bjørn is the new WLTP. Proper real life, independent and reliable testing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Any idea when the é 2008 is supposed to join the party,? (be really into kona territory). Add another 4 or 5 grand i suppose,
    Were the Zoe prices above including or excluding government grant...?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

unkel wrote: »
    Bjørn is the new WLTP. Proper real life, independent and reliable testing :D

It kinda is. At least you get to see the test in a video where you can decide for yourself. You don’t have to take his opinion but you can’t argue with the facts in the video rather than a vague WLTP figure.

It would be useful if we had something equivalent in Ireland though as our climate isn’t as cold and we drive faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Markcheese wrote: »
    Any idea when the é 2008 is supposed to join the party,? (be really into kona territory). Add another 4 or 5 grand i suppose,
    Were the Zoe prices above including or excluding government grant...?

zoe prices above were including afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

KCross wrote: »
    It would be useful if we had something equivalent in Ireland though as our climate isn’t as cold and we drive faster.

This is my frustration with Bjorn. He will rarely if ever really hammer a car to find a worst case scenario for range.

I realise that speed limits are much lower and annoyingly restrictive but it is possible to fully test a car at higher speed.

Even when he was testing for rapidgate he was doing a leisurely drive at 80kmph between charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

DrPhilG wrote: »
    This is my frustration with Bjorn. He will rarely if ever really hammer a car to find a worst case scenario for range.

I realise that speed limits are much lower and annoyingly restrictive but it is possible to fully test a car at higher speed.

Even when he was testing for rapidgate he was doing a leisurely drive at 80kmph between charges.

He does a high speed test on cars, 110km/h.
    That is the speed limit in Norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DrPhilG wrote: »

Aside from the unreasonableness of expecting him to drive illegally for your benefit, worst case scenario is meaningless. A Tesla will empty the battery in half an hour on track. What does that usefully tell you?

He does deep winter testing but always tries to maximize range whilst being comfortable and driving at reasonable speeds, because that's the only way to be consistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

JPA wrote: »
    He does a high speed test on cars, 110km/h.
    That is the speed limit in Norway.
    I could have sworn the motorway from Oslo to the airport was 120km limit but I must have imagined it. I do remember doing 120kmph on it in a Model S and being overtaken by 2 idiots racing, a Porsche and another Model S who must have been doing close to 180kmph. Blew past me as if I was walking.
    Lumen wrote: »
    Aside from the unreasonableness of expecting him to drive illegally for your benefit, worst case scenario is meaningless.

Settle your wee self. Unless you'd care to point out where I suggested he drive illegally?

If someone wants to drive Dublin to Cork or Belfast, in typical Irish weather, then it's perfectly reasonable for someone to want to know what a car will manage at 120kmph in cold weather. That is what I would class as worst case scenario - legal speed limit on the motorway.

What you have said is what my issue is. He always actively tries to maximise range. OK he is limited by the 110km limit in Norway but I've seen many videos where he is driving on a 110km road and only doing 100kmph to conserve range.

I am happy to try and maximise range, but I'd rather know what the bottom line is and anything else is a bonus.

Advertisement