Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 208e 50kWh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

samih wrote: »
    The looks are bit odd due to "stretched over a large floorpan with tiny glasshouse on the top", pretty much opposite to the L40, and front looks massively long and tall due to crash protection, both collision and pedestrians, I guess. The interior looks really nice though and probably has good space at the back due to no battery under the floor at the footwell areas.

The battery system looks very expensive to manufacture due to multiple modules spread around but otherwise this looks like winner. Performance both charging and acceleration seem more than enough for a smaller European car. If they can really sell this for 25k without subsidies (price probably does't include VAT) it will sell well. Should be about 20k+delivery then in Ireland.

25k after subsidies is what's rumoured

Zoe price

Casati wrote: »

If you had to pay just 9k to go from a manual 1.2 75 Bhp into an (auto) EV with over 200 mile range I can see a lot of folks finding that extra 9k

In Ireland ? no chance, the amount of people who asked me wold the electric car run up the electric bill ? :D " oh my electric bill is expensive enough as it is dont want to add to it" yet the 30-40 a week on petrol or diesel goes unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

In Ireland ? no chance, the amount of people who asked me wold the electric car run up the electric bill ? :D " oh my electric bill is expensive enough as it is dont want to add to it" yet the 30-40 a week on petrol or diesel goes unnoticed.

Also seen with the move to diesel/low tax after July 08.

"I dont like spending 700 euro on road tax - so I will spend 25 k on a new car to avoid 700 euros tax a year. Even though I should know that over 10 years based on 200 euro tax on new car - I only save 5 k - but spent 25 k to save it"

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Old diesel wrote: »
    Also seen with the move to diesel/low tax after July 08.

Indeed. I remember back in around 2012 the difference in second hand value between a 2007 520d and a 2008 520d was the guts of ten grand. Far more than the car depreciates in the first year when it was brand new! Just because the old one was on the super expensive old system of €710 per year to tax :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

I think it looks great but at what price that will be the question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Looks great for a supermini sized car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Does that mean 21,000 after grant/VRT rebate here?

• Advertisement

Spec levels available here will heavily influence price if we only get the higher GT type specs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Does that mean 21,000 after grant/VRT rebate here?

26k as there is no VRT in France (afaik, could be wrong).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

samih wrote: »
    26k as there is no VRT in France (afaik, could be wrong).

That's still pretty good. You need scrappage to get Ioniq or Leaf 40 for that kind of money.

It's quite a bit smaller car than the two you mention. But seems totally up to date design from the tech point of view. The other two are kind of Pug "408” size, i.e. 1/1.5 sizes larger than 208.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Will it have different battery capacity variants?
    Or only 60kwh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

France allows 6k ev subsidy so I presume that would be 37k in total?

Seems kind of expensive?

Casati wrote: »
    France allows 6k ev subsidy so I presume that would be 37k in total?

Seems kind of expensive?

37k for a Peugeot 208

Mental

Mike9832 wrote: »
    37k for a Peugeot 208

Mental

Not convinced. Has to be 31k - subsidies. Pug are targeting 12 pc 208 buyers opting for the EV and this has to competitive with the Zoe. Otherwise no point even making this small electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Some specs to be found here

First EV car in the UK last week link here

• Advertisement

Prices in Germany are out, starting at €30,000, less €4000 incentive they have its €26,000 OTR

https://www.peugeot.de/modelle/alle-modelle/neuer-peugeot-208/konfigurator.html#/design

Leaf40 is €36,000 there, less incentive €32,000 OTR

https://www.nissan.de/fahrzeuge/neuwagen/leaf/konfigurator.html#configure/BANt/A

How much does that translate to here?

I am thinking €27,000 for base model

Not bad imo for a 50kWh quick little hatch

I will buy if that price

136ps, 8 seconds to 60 in a small hatch would be great fun

Prices in Germany are out, starting at €30,000, less €4000 incentive they have its €26,000 OTR

https://www.peugeot.de/modelle/alle-modelle/neuer-peugeot-208/konfigurator.html#/design

Leaf40 is €36,000 there, less incentive €32,000 OTR

https://www.nissan.de/fahrzeuge/neuwagen/leaf/konfigurator.html#configure/BANt/A

How much does that translate to here?

I am thinking €27,000 for base model

Not bad imo for a 50kWh quick little hatch

I will buy if that price

136ps, 8 seconds to 60 in a small hatch would be great fun

We get an extra €1 grant and the extra VAT we pay is well under €1k, so overall it should be cheaper here than in Germany. So cheaper than €27k for the base model. And there is no VRT on a car of this value. Is consistent with your figure of €32k for the L40 over there. That is cheaper here too

Looks like you are finally going to buy an EV then :D

Decent spec too, looks like LKAS / AEB / cruise control (but not active) and 11kW 3-phase AC charging

Will we actually get the base model here though or will we be stuck with more expensive higher spec GT/GT line spec?????

Looks like 1 EV model and that should be the GT E. Waiting for test drive reviews

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/peugeot/e-208-ev/?fbclid=IwAR1SzCjVJMCE3U4McAly-VouHC5qImxxTVYxOeBDkw0nbzyUFMi24LBGp8U

Reviews coming in

Looks good, would like to see someone try charging it on ionity see how close it gets to 100kW

Prices out

Active - £25,050

Allure - £26,250

GT-Line - £28,100

GT (EV only) - £29,650

After grants

Wondering will Active model be under €27,500 here?

Wouldn't be a bad price for 50kWh

https://media.peugeot.co.uk/file/09/7/all-new-peugeot-208.574097.pdf?lcdv16=1PP2A5TMT1XXXXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Prices out

Active - £25,050

Allure - £26,250

GT-Line - £28,100

GT (EV only) - £29,650

After grants

Wondering will Active model be under €27,500 here?

Wouldn't be a bad price for 50kWh

https://media.peugeot.co.uk/file/09/7/all-new-peugeot-208.574097.pdf?lcdv16=1PP2A5TMT1XXXXXX

ex Vat before grant price for the Active is £23162. Convert to euro, add 23% VAT and subtract our €5k grant brings it to €25847. No VRT as its under €35k.

Add in some paddy pricing, metallic, delivery and related charges should have it for around the €28k mark alright.

That would be a decent price beating the Leaf for range and price.

I also note they are offering 3ph charger for just £300. That would be a useful extra and its very reasonably priced.

When are deliveries expected to start in the UK?

Wonder if Pug are including the 10 percent WTO tarriff in the UK prices - for the no deal Brexit.....

The cars will arrive after Brexit you see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Another short 5min review... mainly positive, some reservation about ride quality.

Advertisement