Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Tried to buy a ebook - payment unsuccessful.

Any idea if they've pulled carrier billing?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

I just bought an ebook on Google store no problem

I just bought an ebook on Google store no problem

Three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

I was able to buy a movie with my 3 credit earlier, but now I've gotten two texts confirming my payment and the credit gone my account, so I'll be onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Does anyone know if there is anywhere where i can buy digital music downloads, mp3s, using phone credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Does anyone know if there is anywhere where i can buy digital music downloads, mp3s, using phone credit?

eh, google play music store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Got a text this morning from 3 confirming that my 11.99 payment for Google Premium services (for Netflix) had been successfully applied.

Went in and checked my credit balance, turned out that 23.98 had been deducted,

Got on to support on chat, was told that 11.99 would be refunded within 72hrs,

So far I haven't received the confirmation email from Google to the effect my Netflix has been paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Yes they have mucked things up. I tried to buy a few books and the transaction failed in Google Play, however Three sent me a message to say the transaction was completed and deducted from my credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Got a text this morning from 3 confirming that my 11.99 payment for Google Premium services (for Netflix) had been successfully applied.

Went in and checked my credit balance, turned out that 23.98 had been deducted,

Got on to support on chat, was told that 11.99 would be refunded within 72hrs,

So far I haven't received the confirmation email from Google to the effect my Netflix has been paid.

I assume it's no longer possible to set up carrier billing for Netflix?

DareGod wrote: »

Correct

• Advertisement

Three have ballsed up, carrier billing not working

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Three have ballsed up, carrier billing not working

Worked for me just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

F1ngers wrote: »
    Worked for me just now.

Yeah, worked for me as well.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

DareGod wrote: »

Hasn't been possible for over a year, I'm on this since 2014.

Thinking that if 3 have ballsed this up it mught be the excuse Netflix need to kick me over to Credit card, just removed my CC as an option on Google Pay for the moment.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Worked for me just now.

Hmm must be just me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭testtech05

Hmm must be just me

I had a failed transaction charged yesterday too. Had earlier had a successful one. So seems to be hit and miss. I received texts and my account was debited for both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭webpal

Yes they have mucked things up. I tried to buy a few books and the transaction failed in Google Play, however Three sent me a message to say the transaction was completed and deducted from my credit.

I tried to buy a movie but got an error from playstore but a message from 3 to say it was applied, did you get your credit back?

webpal wrote: »
    I tried to buy a movie but got an error from playstore but a message from 3 to say it was applied, did you get your credit back?

Same thing happening here

Same thing happening here
    Was just on chat, they said they'd contact me within 24 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

similar story here. payment declined in store twice. However , got two texts from 3 stating it had been successful.
    Will be in contact with 3

• Advertisement

Never got the 10e extra for topping up by 20 either. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

webpal wrote: »

Not yet. About 3 transactions failed on me that they deduced from my credit. Cowboys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Damien360

sweetie wrote: »
    Never got the 10e extra for topping up by 20 either. Anyone else?

Got it the first month and not once after that

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I got the bonus 10 euro this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

You can subscribe to Down Dog, a yoga app with your 3credit. It is 10 euro a month though and the whole year can be got for $35 on the US site. Still...someone might be interested in trying it out for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have gone the coinbase route and bought some crypto (I have 2 accounts, a mobile and also a three router) , I then created a skrill account and was able to top up my Paddy Power account. Took a fair bit of messing and jumping around but worked out in the end.
    Forgot to top up the phone over the weekend and burned through 35 quid :mad::mad::mad: so lost out on 13 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

I'm trying to iou buddy to my partner but it looks like now it is not working for everyone. Any charity i could donate ~7.5€ at once? I see 2,4,6€ but nothing worth 1€ to use it all?

loki7777 wrote: »
    I'm trying to iou buddy to my partner but it looks like now it is not working for everyone. Any charity i could donate ~7.5€ at once? I see 2,4,6€ but nothing worth 1€ to use it all?

Did you try the alchemy app? Loads of charities on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Did you try the alchemy app? Loads of charities on it

No, but might try.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

I thought I'd buy a few books with my credit before I switch providers tomorrow - waste of time! Play store throwing up error message, but 3 still deducted the money! Funny how these glitches always work in their favour lol

chasm wrote: »
    I thought I'd buy a few books with my credit before I switch providers tomorrow - waste of time! Play store throwing up error message, but 3 still deducted the money! Funny how these glitches always work in their favour lol

I bought a book earlier, no issue

Same issue here

Same issue here

Judging by the "community" section on their website, they have had issues with it for over a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭thebo

bennyc wrote: »
    I have gone the coinbase route and bought some crypto (I have 2 accounts, a mobile and also a three router) , I then created a skrill account and was able to top up my Paddy Power account. Took a fair bit of messing and jumping around but worked out in the end.
    Forgot to top up the phone over the weekend and burned through 35 quid :mad::mad::mad: so lost out on 13 euro.

Can you go through steps of doing this. Would also like to top up my Paddy power with credit.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LyonsForLife

Works for youtube premium subscription too (works on android, not sure about iPhone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Same thing here too. Still waiting for the refund after 2 days now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭davegilly

Does this work with Vodafone credit? Would you mind giving a bit more detail on how you managed to get money into Skrill?

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Same thing here too. Still waiting for the refund after 2 days now.

I am switching provider today so 3 have said they will not be able to refund me! I will be lodging a complaint with Comreg. 3 will be refunding me, even if it is by cheque!

*Edit - 3 have now credited my account with the price of the ebook, but have said I can not use the credit on the play store due to the difficulties they are experiencing. So where else can I spend 3 credit?

I just got text to say it would be another 3 days. First it was 24hrs, then another 24hrs, then 2 days and now 3 days. I will definitely move if credit can't be spent in playstore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I am switching provider today so 3 have said they will not be able to refund me! I will be lodging a complaint with Comreg. 3 will be refunding me, even if it is by cheque!

*Edit - 3 have now credited my account with the price of the ebook, but have said I can not use the credit on the play store due to the difficulties they are experiencing. So where else can I spend 3 credit?

All else fails, consider donating to charity.

https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

thebo wrote: »
    Can you go through steps of doing this. Would also like to top up my Paddy power with credit.

Thanks

Just give to a charity haha

Never thought I'd say that but you are just throwing it away anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rubix02

Use the credit to enter competitions via SMS for example: https://www.rte.ie/tv/competitions

Does anyone bother to read the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

davegilly wrote: »
    Does this work with Vodafone credit? Would you mind giving a bit more detail on how you managed to get money into Skrill?

I would imagine it would work with Vf, the steps for me were a bit messy, if you set up a bitpay wallet instead of a coinbase one it will save time.

Set up a Coingate account to buy Crypto from your phone credit
    I had a set up a coinbase account to transfer the Crypto into so my funds were there.
    Skrill would only accept payment from BitPay so I had to set up a Bipay account and transfer from my Coinbase wallet into this.
    Then transferred Bitpay to Skrill.
    Finally Paddy Power top up page allows payment from Skrill.

A whole lot of hassle but passed a few hours setting it all up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I would imagine it would work with Vf, the steps for me were a bit messy, if you set up a bitpay wallet instead of a coinbase one it will save time.

Set up a Coingate account to buy Crypto from your phone credit
    I had a set up a coinbase account to transfer the Crypto into so my funds were there.
    Skrill would only accept payment from BitPay so I had to set up a Bipay account and transfer from my Coinbase wallet into this.
    Then transferred Bitpay to Skrill.
    Finally Paddy Power top up page allows payment from Skrill.

A whole lot of hassle but passed a few hours setting it all up.

So say you had €50 credit. How much in the end actually ends up in the Paddy Power account?

About €25 after all fees/conversions or thereabouts?

mrcheez wrote: »
    So say you had €50 credit. How much in the end actually ends up in the Paddy Power account?

About €25 after all fees/conversions or thereabouts?

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057869861&query=coingate

35 euro credit ~ 13 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Stupify

So is the play store working now for 3 credit? Anybody tried recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Stupify wrote: »

I tried yesterday and it didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Stupify wrote: »

I just bought 2 ebooks from the play store with 3 credit so it's working fine for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement