Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why haven't you made one yet then?

My job is to identify the solution, but perhaps some industrious type wants to take on the role.

RossieMan seems up to the task :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Doing a job like that to receive zero thanks from the people here who only want to take take take? Where do I sign my name?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

quickest way is probably for mod to just delete all of the crap posts

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RossD12

Has anyone here gone ahead and published an app to the Play Store with a €20 IAP? I'm considering it here, if I switch to 3 on my phone I'd then be topping up the phone and WiFi €20 a month each. €40 minus Google's cut is €28 a month that I'm getting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

RossD12 wrote: »
    Has anyone here gone ahead and published an app to the Play Store with a €20 IAP? I'm considering it here, if I switch to 3 on my phone I'd then be topping up the phone and WiFi €20 a month each. €40 minus Google's cut is €28 a month that I'm getting back.

Yea, talked about earlier. Sure fire way to feck it all up for all the good it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭webpal

If I subscribe to YouTube premium via three billing on android, will it work on any platform I.e. TV iPhone iPad? Basically anywhere I'm logged in to YouTube?

Anyone know why it's €12 on android but €16 on iOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ch20

webpal wrote: »
    If I subscribe to YouTube premium via three billing on android, will it work on any platform I.e. TV iPhone iPad? Basically anywhere I'm logged in to YouTube?

Yes, it's linked to your YouTube account. It works on pc, ps4, firestick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Brian017

webpal wrote: »

Apple’s cut that google doesn’t want to absorb I’m guessing

Brian017 wrote: »

And Google also know that iOS users have no issues overpaying for products and services.

Brian017 wrote: »

not much doubt that that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Was able to subscribe to the ""Headspace"" meditation and relaxation app for 12.99 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ccarr

Has anyone else notice that you can no longer pay for parking in Dublin city by text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

ccarr wrote: »
    Has anyone else notice that you can no longer pay for parking in Dublin city by text

I did it yesterday in Fingal. Had always done it in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Thinking of signing up for Office 365. €10 a month for up to 6 people. It's currently €69.30 to buy it outright but the credit seems like wasted money if I don't spend it.

Should I pay up front and just enter premium competitions with my credit or pay for Office? :confused:

Wheety wrote: »
    Thinking of signing up for Office 365. €10 a month for up to 6 people. It's currently €69.30 to buy it outright but the credit seems like wasted money if I don't spend it.

Should I pay up front and just enter premium competitions with my credit or pay for Office? :confused:

what do you mean by premium competitions?

glasso wrote: »
    what do you mean by premium competitions?

Sorry, text message competitions like on RTÉ. usually €2 to enter. Usually spend a few quid on them if I've had credit building up for a few months.

Can't set up the Office 365 through Three billing. telling me that option is not eligible. Looked at other apps and I can buy them.

Sorry, text message competitions like on RTÉ. usually €2 to enter. Usually spend a few quid on them if I've had credit building up for a few months.

Can't set up the Office 365 through Three billing. telling me that option is not eligible. Looked at other apps and I can buy them.

You have to sign up via the OneDrive app

I pay €7 per month and it includes the Office 365 sub + 1TB OneDrive

mrcheez wrote: »
    You have to sign up via the OneDrive app

I pay €7 per month and it includes the Office 365 sub + 1TB OneDrive
    I downloaded the app and the subscription initialised but it told me that, although the first month is free the authorisation didn't happen. That was with my Three payment. It won't let me select now and only gives credit card as an option.

I downloaded the app and the subscription initialised but it told me that, although the first month is free the authorisation didn't happen. That was with my Three payment. It won't let me select now and only gives credit card as an option.

Is this Three or Vodafone?

Sounds like an issue with Google Play payment methods ... open Play Store and select "Payment methods" from the menu and under payment settings (I believe) is the area you select to be billed by the carrier.

It's Three.

Mobile billing is definitely set up as it comes up for other apps.

8rt19bG.png

But when I go to pay for OneDrive, I'm not getting that option.

Vojio8U.png

Not sure how I had it selected initially, set as default maybe? But it had an error and was marked as ineligible for this subscription. Then I tried to update the payment method and that's where I am now.

I read somewhere that Netflix had stopped mobile billing so maybe Microsoft have too? I'm sure Google take a cut.

• Advertisement

I read somewhere that Netflix had stopped mobile billing so maybe Microsoft have too? I'm sure Google take a cut.

No as I just renewed my subscription via Three billing yesterday for another month. €7 deducted from my credit.

The only payment option I have is Three, I never added any other payment methods so perhaps you need to delete the other options?

I don't recall if there was anything in particular I had to do to select 3 as the payment for the sub. I believe it worked just fine as is.

mrcheez wrote: »
    No as I just renewed my subscription via Three billing yesterday for another month. €7 deducted from my credit.

The only payment option I have is Three, I never added any other payment methods so perhaps you need to delete the other options?

I don't recall if there was anything in particular I had to do to select 3 as the payment for the sub. I believe it worked just fine as is.

Yup, don't need to do anything special. Just select 3 as payment method and away you go. Have been paying for office 365 for the last year or so with my credit.

The Netflix update was posted on this site somewhere, I'll have a look later.

But they said it's only for new subscriptions, and if you're currently using carrier billing, it would continue until you cancelled.

I'll try deleting my cards later but can't imagine it'll make a difference. As I said option shows on other apps.

sometimes you have to remove the three payment method and re-add it.

this has worked for me in the past when I've had issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Vision123456

I sure this has been asked and answered previously but can you pay for Netflix with 3 credit

glasso wrote: »
    sometimes you have to remove the three payment method and re-add it.

this has worked for me in the past when I've had issues.

I did remove it and add it but will try again

I sure this has been asked and answered previously but can you pay for Netflix with 3 credit

Nope. Netflix stopped it a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,597 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you're not doing anything else with it, via Christmas FM you can donate to Temple Street.
    Details here:
    https://christmasfm.com/contact-us/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Does anyone know can you sign up to Wwe network with it.

Does anyone know can you sign up to Wwe network with it.

Is there an app with in-app purchases? That's your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Text street lights to 50300 to support Irish homeless charities. €4 taken of which 3.60 goes to the charities.

Advertisement