Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I'm after a bowl of chili for breakfast... Soup is good anytime Missus.

lol.. decided to save it for dinner so had hot porridge instead and just feasted on sausage and egg and toast... and coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Think I'm going to have a bowl of soup in a while for lunch today.

Creamy tomatoe soup.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Parsnips are lovely. So sweet and creamy. Mmm...

Graces7 wrote: »
    Thinking very very seriously about the pan of home made pea soup that is languishing in the kitchen, complete with the chunk of ham... Is that ! allowed! for breakfast! Bitter cold ….

Pea soup is perfect winter breakfast food, with a nice chunk of ham or toast.

I have to make a good pea soup. I like the split green peas, but could mix with some frozen peas too.

Any good recipies out there?

There's a Lithuanian shop that does bits of smoked ham, you wouldn't find it in Tesco. Really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

linda mccartney sausage rolls with potato gratin and peas for dinner.. ultimate comfort food

Pizza,chips, onion rings and red wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Peanut butter Jacobs Club wafer bar x 2, out of the freezer.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Kidney bean curry with garlic/cumin bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Omelette with mushrooms, scallions, bacon and spinach with my version of a Greek salad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

How does that relate to what you are eating? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

GoneHome wrote: »
    Kinsale Bay Fish Pie with crusty bread

Only just discovered this fish pie. It's bloody gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Had cottage pie twice today. Twas delish hadn't made it in a while.

Making lentil soup...

And more red lentil soup...
    With cheese toasty.

It's that kind of weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had Smoked Coley with beans and potatoes. It's been a long time since I had it and must have it more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Andreas77

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    With cheese toasty.

It's called a toasted sandwich, , NOT a toasty ok

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

looks like it's just liquids for the weekend - must make some sort of soup... and maybe sneak in a finely chopped cheese toasty, if possible :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Steak, fried onions and chips. It was lovely.

With cheese toasty.

What's the lentil soup recipe you use? Or an approximation thereof :D

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    What's the lentil soup recipe you use? Or an approximation thereof :D

I don't use a recipe. Just sautéed onions with garlic, cumin seeds, then added red lentils with canned tomatoes, turmeric, chilli powder, chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste. Part blend after cooking on the hob. Could add some lemon too if you like.

You could add carrots or sweet potato, celery but I like to keep it simple and not too sweet. I would add those things if I were using puy lentils though.

Andreas77 wrote: »
    It's called a toasted sandwich, , NOT a toasty ok

:) too many syllables.
    At least I didn't call it a grilled cheese...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Fish and chips

I don't use a recipe. Just saut onions with garlic, cumin seeds, then added red lentils with canned tomatoes, turmeric, chilli powder, chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste. Part blend after cooking on the hob. Could add some lemon too if you like.

You could add carrots or sweet potato, celery but I like to keep it simple and not too sweet. I would add those things if I were using puy lentils though.

Gave it a whirl with a spoon of creme fraiche stirred in on pouring as it was a little spicy with the chilli I added, delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Made seitan to use as a replacement for fried popcorn chicken. Was a tasty snack but used a bit too much salt in the seitan. Next time will be better!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Spoonful of malt extract....Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Stuffed pork fillet is ready for the oven, with broccoli, carrots, celery and potatoes from the garden

One of my favourite meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Sausages beans and black pudding with soda bread. Few cans of cider to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A toasted ham, cheese, onion and mayo sandwich with a lovely cold bottle of Heineken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AG041

Stuffed pork fillet is ready for the oven, with broccoli, carrots, celery and potatoes from the garden

One of my favourite meals.

Stuffed pork fillet is unreal. What do you stuff it with?

Advertisement