Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,845 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

recedite wrote: »
    They are just Muslims trying to live their lives strictly according to the Koran.

Yes, Death Cult lunatics, the majority of people they have killed have been Muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭jmreire

yes
    no
    He was british and already married so doubtful if she is eligible for british citizenship.

The British have enough problem's trying to keep their own isis member's out of the Country...so I can't see them taking in Lisa....no matter what claim's she may have to British Citizenship via her late Husband!. It's pretty bad when Trump has threatened Britain that he will drop their isis countrymen right on to their doorstep.:):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

My Question is this,

Is Lisa Smith an Irish citizen now?
    To join ISIS did she not have to renounce her IRISH Citizenship?
    Is she not now possibly an Egyptian citizen, since that is where her DAESH husband was from.
    Yes, but we're just going to pretend that never happened.

We're going to say Islamic State was just a bunch of terrorists that formed a death cult. Even though they had territory, a capital city, an army, a booming oil export business, and the immigration program you refer to.

An Irish passport cannot be renounced so easily. It may go up in flames, but it can resurrected later if necessary, phoenix like. As Leo Varadkar has just proved.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

We're going to say Islamic State was just a bunch of terrorists that formed a death cult. Even though they had territory, a capital city, an army, a booming oil export business, and the immigration program you refer to.

An Irish passport cannot be renounced so easily. It may go up in flames, but it can resurrected later if necessary, phoenix like. As Leo Varadkar has just proved.

She didnt renounce her citizenship. that is simply a fact. uncomfortable to you i know but a fact none the less.

She didnt renounce her citizenship. that is simply a fact. uncomfortable to you i know but a fact none the less.
    It was standard procedure for anyone arriving in Islamic State.
    Where's her original passport gone then? Spontaneous combustion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

My Question is this,

Is Lisa Smith an Irish citizen now?

To join ISIS did she not have to renounce her IRISH Citizenship?

Is she not now possibly an Egyptian citizen, since that is where her DAESH husband was from.

she would still be irish yes.
    remember, isis is not an actual state, it is and was never recognized as a state either.
    so even if she renounced her irish citizenship i would imagine it wouldn't carry any weight anyway, because you can't become a citizen of a non-existent state, and there would also be no obligation on the country wherever her husband is from to give her citizenship either, which they wouldn't anyway.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

her original passport is irrelevant. burning a passport does not renounce your citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

And here were all the rest of us under the impression that renouncing your original citizenship of a Christian country was a specific requirement when joining up or marrying a member of DAESH!!!

Boggles wrote: »
    Yes, Death Cult lunatics, the majority of people they have killed have been Muslim.

Which is one reason that Muslim's in Ireland might be less that welcoming to Lisa.And I don't mean just the Shia's either. The killed Sunni's too...lot's of them. They were just murderous scum.

And here were all the rest of us under the impression that renouncing your original citizenship of a Christian country was a specific requirement when joining up or marrying a member of DAESH!!!

perhaps you should educate yourself on what renouncing irish citizenship actually involves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What is the due process for renouncing Irish citizenship?
    Are you sure she followed it?
    Was the Islamic State officially recognised by Ireland? If so that could be problematic and would put us at odds with the rest of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

perhaps you should educate yourself on what renouncing irish citizenship actually involves.

You might educate us on that? Is it a strongly worded email to the Department of Foreign Affairs required? Or flying off to a war zone to join the ranks of the biggest death cult the world has ever seen and destroying your passport in the process and swearing allegiance to kill the infidels?

The amount of cheerleaders on here for this vile whore is disgusting. She stopped being an Irish citizen the moment she stepped on that plane and no amount of whataboutery is going to change that. She is nothing but scum and should be left to rot in the bed she made.

In Your mind?

Or Hers?

Remember, it is about what the person committing the act perceives, not the official terminology, nor the opinions of an outside Voyeur.

In Your mind?

Or Hers?

Remember, it is about what the person committing the act perceives, not the official terminology, nor the opinions of an outside Voyeur.

It's about the legalities of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

You might educate us on that? Is it a strongly worded email to the Department of Foreign Affairs required? Or flying off to a war zone to join the ranks of the biggest death cult the world has ever seen and destroying your passport in the process and swearing allegiance to kill the infidels?

The amount of cheerleaders on here for this vile whore is disgusting. She stopped being an Irish citizen the moment she stepped on that plane and no amount of whataboutery is going to change that. She is nothing but scum and should be left to rot in the bed she made.

Please make sure you're in the audience for her inevitable appearance with Tubridy.

I'm just looking up now what would be required for her to renounce her Irish citizenship.

It would require her to become a citizen of another recognised country.
    What nationalities does she currently hold?

tuxy wrote: »
    It's about the legalities of it.

Not in the eyes of Daesh members,

Remember they Only answer to Sharia law, not the laws of any Western Country.

It is Legal under Sharia Law to commit Many acts that Western laws see as Criminal.

Our laws mean Nothing to them. ( ISIS/DAESH members ).

Their passport's were not automatically destroyed, people like Lisa handed them over to a "keeper", or kept them. In some isis propaganda video's, isis member's can be seen throwing their passport's on to a fire, but it was individual choice. But what did happen with passports was when Merkel invited 1 million refugees to Germany, then it became common practiced to destroy travel documents, as they believed ( and they were right) that if they had no documents on them, they could not be sent back to where ever they had come from, as it could not be proved which Country they had come from. So they were able to stay until such time as proof of origin could be obtained.

I'm just looking up now what would be required for her to renounce her Irish citizenship.

You are talking about the process for sane people who don’t sign up to a war crime cult.

I’d argue that joining ISIS isn’t just becoming a traitor to your home country, it’s becoming a traitor to the human race itself. There should be no questions that anybody who willingly signed up for that should be put down like the vermin they are, **** the human rights and citizenship nonsense. Take the gloves off and do what needs to be done in these cases.

You are talking about the process for sane people who don’t sign up to a war crime cult.

I’d argue that joining ISIS isn’t just becoming a traitor to your home country, it’s becoming a traitor to the human race itself. There should be no questions that anybody who willingly signed up for that should be put down like the vermin they are, **** the human rights and citizenship nonsense. Take the gloves off and do what needs to be done in these cases.

So we can tell Turkey we found a loophole, she's not sane? Are you sure that's how the law works in Turkey,Ireland and internationally?

• Advertisement

neither of those things. like i said, educate yourself if you so wish. Or keep posting the same rubbish. whatever.

That's more or less correct. You renounce your old citizenship at a ceremony in your new country. No particular notification need be given to your old country. The old country is irrelevant at that stage. The new country gives you your new ID papers/passport.

If such a ceremony happens in the USA, Ireland will recognise it. But if it happens in the Caliphate, not so much. But that doesn't matter to those in the Caliphate. Its still a legit citizenship ceremony in their minds.

So we can tell Turkey we found a loophole, she's not sane?

I’m sure she’s sane, and that’s all the more reason she should never step foot on Irish soil again. This poor “Irish cailin who didn’t know what she was doing” shtick is paper thin. She knew full well what she was going to join and now the party’s been burned to the ground we’re supposed to be like aww you poor thing come on home to the lovely green fields of Ireland??! Nope.

In Your mind?

Or Hers?

In reality.

We will have a difficult time convincing Turkey that the islamic state is legitimate and would still have to prove she went through the process of officially renouncing citizenship.

That's more or less correct. You renounce your old citizenship at a ceremony in your new country. No particular notification need be given to your old country. The old country is irrelevant at that stage. The new country gives you your new ID papers/passport.

I did suggest you might educate yourself on what is involved in renouncing citizenship. clearly you have not done that. Merely becoming the citizen of another country does not renounce your irish citizenship.
    If such a ceremony happens in the USA, Ireland will recognise it. But if it happens in the Caliphate, not so much. But that doesn't matter to those in the Caliphate. Its still a legit citizenship ceremony in their minds.

but not in the minds of the irish government so she is still an irish citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

There is no need for us to do anything, except arrange for a few Gardai to meet her at Dublin airport,
    Another Jack Ruby should meet her at the airport.

For the lazy.

https://www.dfa.ie/citizenship/how-do-i-renounce-my-citizenship/

It would not have been possible for Lisa to qualify for all three requirements needed.
    Who can honestly thinks she attempted this process? Or that we can at least convince Turkey that she did.

vriesmays wrote: »
    Another Jack Ruby should meet her at the airport.

a nightclub owner dying of cancer? thats a pretty small demographic in ireland. best of luck finding one of them.

• Advertisement

For the lazy.

https://www.dfa.ie/citizenship/how-do-i-renounce-my-citizenship/

It would not have been possible for Lisa to qualify for all three requirements needed.
    Who can honestly thinks she attempted this process? Or that we can at least convince Turkey that she did.

shush now. facts are now seemingly irrelevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement