Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Heard Shane Coleman on Newstalk this morning putting out the question "Should we welcome Lisa Smith back" ?!
    FFS Whatever about letting her come back but welcoming back??
    I guarantee if she does come back through Dublin airport you'll have some deluded fools putting on a welcome home.

A few months ago Jonathan Healy did a piece on the Pat Kenny show basically pleading her case, saying we need to show "Compassion".

This whole thing about her ending up on the Late Late Show is a very probable possibility. The media class will lap her excuses up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Heard Shane Coleman on Newstalk this morning putting out the question "Should we welcome Lisa Smith back" ?!
    FFS Whatever about letting her come back but welcoming back??
    I guarantee if she does come back through Dublin airport you'll have some deluded fools putting on a welcome home.

The worrying thing is that given half the chance, our Taoiseach is likely to want to do just that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Some security expert on the Pat Kenny show saying you would need 32 people a day to keep Lisa Smith under surveillance and that it was have to be a different 32 people the following day and so on.

Great that Leo can find the resources for this. Or maybe he will just leave her to her own devices and just keep his fingers crossed that she has changed her ways.

It appears that she will probably go back to her parents in Dundalk. I severely doubt the people of Dundalk will take too kindly to Lisa Smith strolling around the town. Its not like she won't be noticed either.

It will be interesting to see if Clonskeagh or South Circular Road Mosques will shelter her. I doubt they will want the heat of having her and being linked with ISIS further more. Not that the media will have much to say on it.

rgossip30 wrote: »
    There is worse a Bealrus born national who was a fighter and got irish citizenship by a sham marriage is likely to return too .

That’s the one the Irish Times mentioned yesterday, Irina Bekmirzaev.

Here she is having a bit of a moan last July.... https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1063979/
    Having secured Irish citizenship in 2010, Mr Bekmirzaev returned to Belarus - where he grew up - to marry Irina.

She eventually joined him in Ireland once her visa difficulties had been sorted out. Shortly afterwards, in 2013, their son was born.

In a matter of months, Mr Bekmirzaev left his wife and newborn son to go to Syria, having been motivated by watching news reports of the war.

No way should they be allowed here. She is from Belarus, her husband is from Belarus and their child (just like Lisa’s child) can get Belarus nationality from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

TBH I think she is just a bit thick. I would not be overly concerned about Lisa Smith.
    There are a lot of other sneaky lads in our midst who have been fundraising for IS all along, and others who have been slipping in and out of the country below the radar. I'd be more concerned about what they get up to.

Yer man right now :D

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2939692c714c2c9ab00087f71bb70e7bb3b6e505b5&rid=giphy.gif

Somebody throw in a ham sandwich to the poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

terenc wrote: »
    I would personally give her over to the Kurds who have suffered at the hands of these Islamic scumbags an "eye for a eye".
    The Kurds don't want her. The Kurds have no desire to put on trial, sentence, and house thousands of ISIS members. They rightly want the home countries to repatriate them.

As a forum that very often says that 'Not our problem, Ireland should send them back to wherever the hell they came from' regarding immigrant crime and so on, people should be able to understand that's the Kurds' thought process too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

jmreire wrote: »
    Because of the change in circumstance's, now the Govt have to get a move on and get Lisa and Baby home....spotlight is on all Country's whose citizen's who are members of isis, and captive in Syria, to get them home. Trump has threatened to drop British isis members back home on their doorstep, if they don't get a move on. But other Country's have repatriated isis member's home, not enough as it turn's out, but it has been done and is being done, quietly in most case's. This option was available to the Irish Govt too, if they really wanted Lisa home sooner. Had that been the case, Lisa and Baby would have been home a long time ago. So now the whole thing will be stage managed, and unless the unthinkable happens,,, Lisa will be home very soon....in the next day or two. That's assuming that she is not already back in Ireland.

Let her be dropped off the british or US forces. Except don't give them permission to land. They can drop her off from 30,000 feet. I'm sure if it went to a vote we could all agree on her coming back that way.

osarusan wrote: »
    The Kurds don't want her. The Kurds have no desire to put on trial, sentence, and house thousands of ISIS members. They rightly want the home countries to repatriate them.

As a forum that very often says that 'Not our problem, Ireland should send them back to wherever the hell they came from' regarding immigrant crime and so on, people should be able to understand that's the Kurds' thought process too.
    Try to understand the situation before you butt in.
    This is the Turks who are deporting them, not the Kurds.
    Smith and co. escaped from the Kurds after the Turks blew open the gates of the US sponsored Kurdish prison camp they were being held in. Kurds will keep their prisoners as long as Americans keep paying for them to do it.

Syria would be delighted to put them on trial and probably hang them. The Syrians don't get a look-in though, why should they, after all it was only their country that was destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So back in the real world..... unless Turkey say they want to keep her, what can Ireland legally do to prevent her from returning home?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,320 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

tuxy wrote: »
    So back in the real world..... unless Turkey say they want to keep her, what can Ireland legally do to prevent her from returning home?

nothing. she is an irish citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

recedite wrote: »
    TBH I think she is just a bit thick. I would not be overly concerned about Lisa Smith.
    There are a lot of other sneaky lads in our midst who have been fundraising for IS all along, and others who have been slipping in and out of the country below the radar. I'd be more concerned about what they get up to.

The issue is she will be back with knowledge that those lads won't have and they will look up to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Let her be dropped off the british or US forces. Except don't give them permission to land. They can drop her off from 30,000 feet. I'm sure if it went to a vote we could all agree on her coming back that way.

The worrying thing is, if it went to a vote you would have thousands and thousands of idiots who would welcome her back with open arms.

There is no need for us to do anything, except arrange for a few Gardai to meet her at Dublin airport, and say thank-you to the nice Turkish policeman who she should be handcuffed to when she is deported.
    It was a mistake for Varadkar to send Irish army rangers over there recently. It probably pissed off the Turks.

Also there was no need to go arranging special passports and travel documents for her. People don't need travel documents when they are being deported.

nothing. she is an irish citizen.

But there is post after post saying Ireland should refuse her entry.
    I don't think people would say such things unless it was an option.
    What would the consequences be if Ireland was to break international law and remove citizen ship and is that something that could be deiced on in the Dáil?

But there is post after post saying Ireland should refuse her entry.
    I don't think people would say such things unless it was an option.
    What would the consequences be if Ireland was to break international law and remove citizen ship and it that something that could be deiced on in the Dáil?

People say stupid things all the times on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Gynoid wrote: »

Mark Stone inside an IS camp. Chilling. Notice the way one of the women handles her crying child from a cot - people who have been abused pass it along to the next weakest being. The boy saying We will slaughter you. There are 70000 people in this camp.

They'd be as well just carpet bombing that camp.

• Advertisement

People say stupid things all the times on this site.

Maybe in after hours but this is a forum for serious discussion on current affairs. I don't think mods would allow such posts to continue if they were completely stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,883 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They'd be as well just carpet bombing that camp.

Incinerate 1000s of children?

Did you read that from the Nazi handbook or come up with that on your own?

Maybe in after hours but this is a forum for serious discussion on current affairs. I don't think mods would allow such posts to continue if they were completely stupid.

you would think incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭jmreire

Boggles wrote: »
    Incinerate 1000s of children?

Did you read that from the Nazi handbook or come up with that on your own?

Could have come from the isis handbook too....they have form.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,883 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

jmreire wrote: »
    Could have come from the isis handbook too....they have form.

Yip.

There is a reason we don't emulate Nazis or Death Cults.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

My Question is this,

Is Lisa Smith an Irish citizen now?

To join ISIS did she not have to renounce her IRISH Citizenship?

Is she not now possibly an Egyptian citizen, since that is where her DAESH husband was from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Great message sent, If you fancy a break from the 9 to 5, heading off for a tan and to join the death cult intent on murder and subjugation of the kuffar then off you pop and if you get caught , tough luck old sport, better luck next time, just send on your locale and we'll get the boys over to fly you home, you rascal you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭jmreire

My Question is this,

Is she not now possibly an Egyptian citizen, since that is where her DAESH husband was from.

Sure she is....the Govt have issued travel documents for her and her Daughter. You can cross that one off the "deny entry" list......unfortunately !!!:cool:

My Question is this,

yes
    no
    He was british and already married so doubtful if she is eligible for british citizenship.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Yip. There is a reason we don't emulate Nazis or Death Cults.
    You know its not really a Death Cult right? That's just the media buzzword.
    They are just Muslims trying to live their lives strictly according to the Koran.
    Obviously the media don't like to admit it, because it doesn't fit into the trendy "multiculturalism is best" worldview, but that's how it is.
    Check out that sky news reporter when he goes into the camp and challenges a random woman why she supports head chopping (somewhat unfairly it has to be said, as she has probably never chopped off anyone's head)
    Quick as a flash, she replies "because its in the Koran". as far as they are concerned, thats the end of the matter. There is no further argument to be had.

In many ways, they are equivalent to the Puritan "founding fathers" who landed in America. Lots of bad stuff happened back then - genocide against the Native Americans, burning of witches etc.
    If you could go back in time and ask them to justify it, the answer would be simple; "because its in the Bible".

That's not to justify either bunch of fundamentalists. But its sobering to think that one group are lauded as founding fathers, and the other as a death cult, only because one group won their war, and the other group lost theirs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement