Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organised Raid by up to 100 Youths in Cork City Centr

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

If we don't control anti social behaviour now it will only get worse, thankfully the incident in Cork was stopped but it doesn't mean it won't happen again. I know from walking around the city the sheer lack of Gardaí around the place, groups of teenagers around intimidating people is definitely evident, I've seen it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

Short term fix: more Gardaí. Letters home to parents reminding them of their responsibilities and the consequences.

Long term fix: Parenting courses. massive fines, community service or house arrest for antisocial behaviour. Proper sentences for the little ****s.

If one of them attacked me and I was forced to defend myself you can be dammed sure I would face consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A good buddy of mine was in around the place last night with his 4yo and 7yo daughters and they intimated them. Saw a photo doing rounds and its been put down since. Cant show there poor faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

They seem to be aping the English drill rap "culture", should we expect daily stabbings in the near future?

Have do doubt about that.

Given the massive gangs they can organize for criminal acts like this shop looting, expect a take over of the drug trade in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Das Reich wrote: »
    So much americanism that I almost got a cancer.

Americans are a cause of cancer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Personal responsibility is now absolved from parents.

EVERYTHING is the governments fault backed by a left wing media and political representatives.

The government is expected to provide everything to these people for free.

Housing
    Education
    Health
    Food
    Clothing
    Rent
    Fuel

You name it.

And no one dares questions the parents role in providing all this.

10,000 homeless yada yada...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Short term - Scour cctv etc and arrest all involved and charge accordingly.

Long term- reform prisons

make then much much much tougher

and give much longer sentences.

Brown Thomas is only around the corner u'd think they would've gone for the good stuff. ****** dopes.

This.

They attack a cheap poor quality sports store

Absolute Fcukin clowns. Numbskulls

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Kudos to AnGS for preventing this

Must say most migrants are fine and very nice ppl but there are always bad apples that need to be dealt with. Same everywhere really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭cantalach

Arrest them for what exactly? Don't get me wrong: I think what happened last night is a huge concern. But things have to happen in accordance with law.

cantalach wrote: »
    Arrest them for what exactly? Don't get me wrong: I think what happened last night is a huge concern. But things have to happen in accordance with law.

Fully agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Long term- reform prisons

make then much much much tougher

and give much longer sentences.

Giuliani style policing in city centers. New York was a serious kip in the early 1980’s. They basically put a cop on every block so if there was an incident then a cop was rarely more than a minute a way. It made New York safer and ultimately a place that people wanted to visit and live in.

I wouldn’t put an animal in Cork.

Giuliani style policing in city centers. New York was a serious kip in the early 1980’s. They basically put a cop on every block so if there was an incident then a cop was rarely more than a minute a way. It made New York safer and ultimately a place that people wanted to visit and live in.

Yep and arm the cops as well so that ppl realise the state is serious about protecting the common good.

These eejits are not afraid of guards with pepper spray and little else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

How do these "massive numbers" compare with the huge number of Poles who arrived 2004-2007? Ireland wasn't prepared for that influx but it doesn't appear to have caused a complete breakdown in society.

Perhaps more to the point, how do these "massive numbers" compare with the number of Irish people who went to the UK in the 1950s? The negative impact of that migration was felt in the places from which they came rather than the places to which they went. Couldn't it be that the same applies here?

I don't know what point you're not making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Yep, this is it. Lot's of gardai fining & arresting people. Lot's of repercussions to bad behaviour ( justice systems a balls). Heading towards a zero tolerance stance. Start in city center and work out towards garraun, mahon, etc.
    If you have a young fella and he keeps doing stuff and getting away with it, the stuff he does keeps escalating.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,731 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yep and arm the cops as well so that ppl realise the state is serious about protecting the common good.

These eejits are not afraid of guards with pepper spray and little else.

That'll only work when we reform the Gardai enough that regular scandals from within the force aren't a thing.

But it's clear that we have a problem with some of the new arrivals to our shores and not just in Cork, but places like Balbriggan, Blanch and others. Finally however people are starting to get pissed off with being told there's "nothing to see here" when it's happening in front of their very eyes on the streets they live and work in.

Immigration is very simple really..

- Come here legally with the means (financial, education, skills) to support youself and contribute positively to our ecomony, integrate into our society and be a benefit to the country in general - welcome!

- Arrive in the back of a container, claiming "asylum" from safe countries, have no needed skills or way to support yourself, and expect your hosts to bend over backwards to accomodate your culture/religion (that you may be claiming to flee) - back on the next flight to where you came from!

End of.. we have enough serious problems of our own, and issues with antisocial lazy wasters of our own, and native criminal elements, that we don't need to be importing other countries problems as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I wonder are any of these feckers the gang that threatened to gang rape the female BE driver on Halloween night?

But I suppose if any of them were to be charged with anything they will get away with it considering all you have to do in this country is claim "a difficult upbringing" .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

This is why all Gardaí should have tasers. A few casual electrocutions would sort this crap out.

The real irony here is the association of JD Sports and "good quality clothing".
    Normal functioning contributing members of society shouldnt wear a tracksuit outside, unless actually exercising.

Attempting to commit theft. It's a crime (and actually, a crime for which any citizen can arrest without warrant, once you have reasonable suspicion).
    4.—(1) Subject to subsections (4) and (5), any person may arrest without warrant anyone who is or whom he or she, with reasonable cause, suspects to be in the act of committing an arrestable offence. http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1997/act/14/section/4/enacted/en/html#sec4

Not suggesting vigilantism yet, AGS nipped it in the bud. But the problem is real and the consistent ignorance of it to justify other policies is downright irresponsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That's only partly true. There was also a increase in money spent on policing and resources. There was a rise in the economy and more people working. There was a decrease in crime nationally at the same time.

Giuliani policies did have an effect, but they were part of a bigger picture.

There was some corolation that increase in attention on minor crimes had a larger impact.

• Advertisement

This is both deplorable and alarming.

Where are the parents? Where are the media? Where are our leaders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Crazy how underreported this has been and unfortunately a good bit of it could be from fear of being considered racist.

Criminals are criminals imo regardless of the colour of their skin, religion or gender. We have plenty homegrown scum.

I wish they were baton charged but then every blessing heart would be giving out about the guards.

Fine Gael have really turned into a bunch of pansies when it comes to law and order. Once upon a time this was a party that gave us Richard Mulcahy, Eoin O'Duffy and Patrick Concrete Cooney. Those lads would not only order a crackdown they would probably pick up a rifle or baton themselves.

Crazy how underreported this has been and unfortunately a good bit of it could be from fear of being considered racist.

Criminals are criminals imo regardless of the colour of their skin, religion or gender. We have plenty homegrown scum.

I wish they were baton charged but then every blessing heart would be giving out about the guards.

Fine Gael have really turned into a bunch of pansies when it comes to law and order. Once upon a time this was a party that gave us Richard Mulcahy, Eoin O'Duffy and Patrick Concrete Cooney. Those lads would not only order a crackdown they would probably pick up a rifle or baton themselves.

To be fair, the Gardaí have proven at this point that public reaction does not dictate how they manage public order. I've only ever seen them apologise for it once and that was after the eviction where they all wore balaclavas (and rightly so, since they had been threatened with public "shaming").

The media in the form of RTÉ at least are absent because RTÉ is not as impartial as you might like to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

Andrew00 wrote: »
    The former. Along with a few of our very own.

Sure if I said it was black/African gangs I'd be called a racist for some reason

Factual statements are not racist.

Don’t let social justice lefty keyboard warriors intimidate you into not being factual

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

How do these "massive numbers" compare with the huge number of Poles who arrived 2004-2007? Ireland wasn't prepared for that influx but it doesn't appear to have caused a complete breakdown in society

The vast majority of Poles came over with the intention of getting a job, keeping their heads down &working hard. Building a life in a new country. There were a few just over to make trouble but that seemed to have died down since the crash.

The likes of the folks being discussed in Cork aren’t of the same hard working disposition

Now they are not all like this....but would seem less hardworking than other communities

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

beauf wrote: »
    That's only partly true. There was also a increase in money spent on policing and resources. There was a rise in the economy and more people working. There was a decrease in crime nationally at the same time.

Giuliani policies did have an effect, but they were part of a bigger picture.

There was some corolation that increase in attention on minor crimes had a larger impact.

And he initiated stop and search , some claimed it was racist because it targeted black people , some would say they seized a hell of a lot of drugs and weapons using that profile

daheff wrote: »
    The vast majority of Poles came over with the intention of getting a job, keeping their heads down &working hard. Building a life in a new country. There were a few just over to make trouble but that seemed to have died down since the crash.

The likes of the folks being discussed in Cork aren’t of the same hard working disposition

Now they are not all like this
    ....but would seem less hardworking than other communities

And this is the problem. That problem is not being reported because of fear of being racist.
    There are plenty of Irish of the same ilk who DO get reported on. If it had been 100 Irish mammies robbing a mothercare as a form of protest over child benefit you can guarantee it'd have been front page news.

The fact is, I and I'm sure most others couldn't give a flying fúck what colour skin people have if they contribute to society and behave themselves.

It's just unfortunate that so many make that association that it actually becomes a shield for groups like this in Cork to do as they please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

At least it wasn't a respectable store like Best Menswear.

Just trying to stay positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

sdanseo wrote: »
    And this is the problem. That problem is not being reported because of fear of being racist.
    There are plenty of Irish of the same ilk who DO get reported on. If it had been 100 Irish mammies robbing a mothercare as a form of protest over child benefit you can guarantee it'd have been front page news.

The fact is, I and I'm sure most others couldn't give a flying fúck what colour skin people have if they contribute to society and behave themselves.

It's just unfortunate that so many make that association that it actually becomes a shield for groups like this in Cork to do as they please.

And we need to take a look at what happened in the UK where that attitude became pervasive.

Rotherham, Rochdale, Telford et al.

The media and politicians should be reporting the facts. And not hiding or obsfucating same.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

This.

They attack a cheap poor quality sports store

Absolute Fcukin clowns. Numbskulls

Wonder how many robbed just one shoe....

So we have 2nd generation [irish] Nigerian , Ghanaian etc etc runts pretending to be 3rd/4th generation jamaican/ west Indian African [English] vermin.......

right and their parents are telling them what as the grow up?

This is what happens when you allow large numbers of the population who are thick as **** have children ,

Advertisement