Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organised Raid by up to 100 Youths in Cork City Centr

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Looks like the guards sorted it.

Yam that’s a new word I’ve never heard? Is it as gailge?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

a hundred Hwhat?

BDI wrote: »

I thought that too. Yam??

Overheal wrote: »
    a hundred Hwhat?

Idiots.

• Advertisement

Aparently there was a tip off.
    Eegits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

Methinks its a phrase some of our newly arrived neighbours use!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If 100 youths tried this in the 80s the guards would have knocked the living daylights out of them.
    Which is why 100 youths would not have attempted such scumbaggery.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Not a good indicator for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Been happening at JD Sports stores all over London in the last week.

On a side note London is becoming an absolute sh!thole in the last few years with petty and serious crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Brown Thomas is only around the corner u'd think they would've gone for the good stuff. ****** dopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Lads, is anti-social behaviour particularly bad in Ireland?

I know London is the prime example of anti-social behaviour so I'm not looking to know if we're worse than them. But does anyone know how we compare to the likes of Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, etc.?

Obviously I live in Ireland so I might get more exposure to it here, but it really feels like we've an exceptionally high amount of scumbags in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Brown Thomas is only around the corner u'd think they would've gone for the good stuff. ****** dopes.

You see these individuals like to dress like there role models in the London rap videos, you know, dressed from head to toe in black clothing from JD sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I still can't understand in 2019 peeps are recording on their stolen iPhones in portrait mode.....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Aparently there was a tip off.
    Eegits.

Organised through Social Media

Unfortunately this could mean one of several things, you're going to have to try and be slightly more overt without upsetting the mods :D

Ethnic something something....

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

Something is going to have to happen soon or else the country will descend into chaos, with this type of incident being the norm. This stuff is becoming more and more common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Organised through Social Media

Could they not track down the tool that started this off on social media?? IP address, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ethnic something something....

That does narrow it down somewhat, but it still leaves the question of whether those who travel or those who are directly provided for are the suspects :D

• Advertisement

That does narrow it down somewhat, but it still leaves the question of whether those who travel or those who are directly provided for are the suspects :D

If I were to quote exactly that.... I'd be permo banned..,

Seriously though portrait mode why oh why.....

Remember kids panoramic.... What's that ... It panoramic....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If I were to quote exactly that.... I'd be permo banned..,

Seriously though portrait mode why oh why.....

Remember kids panoramic.... What's that ... It panoramic....

Instagram is portrait though, I forget Snapchat but probably the other mobile based ones too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Yam the shop ?

If this that Jamaican lingo the bruvs and yuffs use in London innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

So were they black or what, its ok to say it if they are. Its not racist to point out what they are or where they're from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

They seem to be aping the English drill rap "culture", should we expect daily stabbings in the near future?

🙈🙉🙊

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

So we can expect a load of these ball grabbing vermin in blanch , city centre .......

Jaysus the guard will be busy poor fella.

If they did it in brown Thomas and some judges or politicians bint got hurt or knocked over well maybe that would be different. Here's a clue Charlie Flanagan most of the runts will be in a Christian or born again church on Sunday with their parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Not really my kind of music but actually not a bad track at all
    Yep, what a bunch of eejits acting like they are London gangsters. In comments looks like one of the lads stabbed someone but they're from Galway ffs.

Are these the same lads that were walking around in black in Galway city centre?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

But if you work in a bookshop your grand, books are like kryptonite to these savages.

Bloodclot yardie wannabes and Conor McGregor f#ckalikes what a future for this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Armed Gardai and the riot squad were deployed on the main thoroughfare of Ireland's second largest city in response to the possibility of a black gang running riot in the area. A group of up to 100 of this gang, with their faces covered, were seen on St. Patrick's street shortly after 6 pm but dispersed after the Gardai arrived. Prior to that they were intimidating people on the street and causing havoc.

The purpose of this masked gang was not to demonstrate about their rights or social change, but to rob/steal from shops in the city centre. While the usual people will make light of the event, the rest of us should be asking our public representatives what they are doing to counter this type of activity. It should also be noted that earlier this month it emerged that chronic shortages of Gardaí in Cork meant just two members of the force were patrolling the city centre one night. More here from the Examiner.

There is something seriously warped going on in our country and it is definitely time to have "that" discussion on asylum/migration; especially when it comes to the massive numbers coming to a country that is not prepared or adequately resourced to handle the numbers. This discussion should be in a neutral and impartial environment i.e. not RTE.

Edit: Quickly has a look on the RTE News web site to check for coverage of last night's incident. Nope ... nothing, nada. There are stories about migrants coming to Europe though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

My reaction is an unqualified Yikes.

aac356767393f030ac68b4aec1ea15e3.gif

Advertisement