Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

... until even more heavy rain hits friday night (saturday AM) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Still bating off the window here in D24!

Woeful day all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finished up with 58mm over the past 24hrs, thats now 168mm since last thursday, garden is like a bog, front lawns not much better, at least its dry and cold now, looking forward to a dry day and some sun tomorrow

Jesus that is some going!!!!
    Ye are welcome to it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

km79 wrote: »
    Jesus that is some going!!!!
    Ye are welcome to it

Ah ye'll be getting it all back next summer ;)

Ah ye'll be getting it all back next summer ;)

Next month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Gorgeous day here in Dublin. Sun splitting the stones, 24 degrees and a nice light bree..

Ah crap. Dreaming again.
    7°c and muck. More endless, perpetual, neverending muck.
    A month ago today I was in the 34 degree Nevada desert :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

I know we live in Ireland + I know it rains a lot but this is getting ridiculous!

Basically it's been raining heavily since Halloween in North County Dublin.We also now have the dark evenings so its utterly crap.

No wonder people in Ireland suffer with SAD.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we may escape with a dry day tomorrow before more heavy rain Saturday morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Frosty start for many tomorrow morning.

nmm_uk1-41-13-4_rkr3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dramatically breathtakingly lovely morning out here. It was just coming full light as I and my cats headed out for an early walk. The eastern sky a translucent rosy glow before the sun had cleared the mountains. In every direction a ring of light surrounding banked clouds amidships.

Bitterly cold … sharp, sweet air and utter deep silence. A time to revel in and rest in.

West mayo offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lovely morning in cork city. Blue skies and little cloud. Cold enough, had to scrape ice off the windscreen This morning. First time in a while that paths are drying too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

Totally different country this morning

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautiful morning here in Meath and a dry day ahead, make the most of it as the rain will be back by the morning!

Gorgeous in Mayo

Iced air. far too cold...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

I’m all for a very mild December, if no decent cold isn’t on the horizon.

None of this wishy washy middle ground or NWLy mush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

pad199207 wrote: »
    I’m all for a very mild December, if no decent cold isn’t on the horizon.

None of this wishy washy middle ground or NWLy mush

If mild means more rain then no thanks...... today is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Logan Roy wrote: »
    If mild means more rain then no thanks...... today is fantastic.

Fabulous day I have to say. Cold and crisp. Can we have this for Christmas period please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Sun gone about an hour in North Kildare. Still clear overhead and to the east so temperatures are currently falling fast. The rapid drop should slow down once the blanket of cloud arrives although it doesn't look like a continuous later out west.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice bright sunny day again after a cold icey morning, no complaints here recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭bazlers

With all the weather fronts rolling in lately the wind has been pretty tame with jet pushing them further south than usual. I just wonder how much longer this will last for. I can see something more vigorous arrive in the not so distant future maybe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great day in Tralee, frosty start at 1.0C needing to get ice off the cars , clear calm blue sky for first half of the day, clouds build a bit in the afternoon but no threat of rain. Large tracts of sky still clear this evening at 6.3C .

Tralee Town Park at 14.00 approx

Imec2Rt.jpg?1

ECM and AROME showing the approaching front possibly producing some wintry precipitation over high ground in Northern counties in the early hours of Sat morning. Mountains in Wales should get a bit of a pasting from the this.

temp_uk_uss7.png

TKMwTu4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Fire lit for the first time tonight! Lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Left Ballymote and it was 5c. Very close to feeling snow and it was bright then. Ballymote is one of the cold spots in Ireland. If anywhere snows tonight itl be there but not Sligo and probably not there either. Lol

Chance of snow tonight

Sligo town Snow chance
    Ballymote 10 per cent
    Ben Bulben 40 per cent
    Neiphen Mor 65 per cent

Woken around 11 pm by heavy wind-gusted deluges. At least it has eased the cold a little..... west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Ya wind howling n rain lashing. Winds put paid to v slim chance of snow...onto next Wednesday for next VSCOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Absolutely pelting down out there now, woken up by it.

Looked outside and I can see huge puddles forming. We really do need a few dry days....Sure hope it stops before daylight.

North Kildare

• Advertisement

Roused from blissful slumber by a dozen or more drummers drumming on the roof... loud and obnoxious!

West mayo

Advertisement