Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry and bright here in Castlebar, for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yes front is about 100 miles further North than forecast and Isle of Man taking some of the brunt

Unfortunately its going to slip South as a Northwesterly airflow becomes established and this may bring it down the country some more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its turned into a lovely day in Castlebar.long sunny spells with a light northerly. Good drying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Decent day on Arklow still
    We're mercifully escaping the nearby Rain
    Bright all day,suns out at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dry but cloudy in cork city. Cold too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

15.6mm so far today in Dublin 16.

Light cold breezy rain has arrived in Arklow
    0.8mm so far
    7.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lashing rain again here, got about maybe an hour break from it this morning, 40mm last night, could easily get another 20-25mm from this now before the evening is out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

The r-a-i-n........
    Please tell me there is reprieve tomorrow.
    Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Carol25

Bright, partly cloudy day today in Galway, bitterly cold wind. Glad to be missing the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Kutebride wrote: »
    The r-a-i-n........
    Please tell me there is reprieve tomorrow.
    Meath

Frost tonight and sunny tomorrow apparantly, hard to believe looking out there now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

South Laois. Monotone grey sky, dull and light rain with very little of a breeze. It would remind you of a day in Vermont. Cold. Temperatures peaked at a mere 6.2c and are falling away again - now 5.8c. AWS reports 2.2mm since 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

I could have sworn that there was sleet in the rain this morning ....... Mind you I may be gone slightly mad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Absolutely atrocious day in Dublin City Centre. I observed the Tolka is quite high the last few days. Must be approaching circumstances where the rivers are becoming dangerously loaded. The only saving grace possibly is that these systems are not pushing massively inland. Perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 23,424 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Sunny Galway

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

20.0mm for the day so far in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Frost tonight and sunny tomorrow apparantly, hard to believe looking out there now

…. drags another blanket on and vanishes into a cocoon...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

kittyn wrote: »
    I could have sworn that there was sleet in the rain this morning ....... Mind you I may be gone slightly mad lol

There was bit on my velux windows about an hour ago in greystones, just wet splodgy stuff, but yea, winter is definitely coming

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

River Dodder Dublin starting to flood again.

ttwslRD.png

CMY8mKL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Absolutely belting down now in East Meath, it's horrible out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

River Dodder Dublin starting to flood again.

ttwslRD.png

CMY8mKL.png

If you want i can give you photos of the dodder on my way home, do you think it’s going to burst it’s banks this time around?

TTLF wrote: »
    If you want i can give you photos of the dodder on my way home, do you think it’s going to burst it’s banks this time around?

Ah No. Thanks. Ill take a spin down to rathfarnam waterfall later.

It wont burst it banks. As in a proper flood. A lot of flood relief going on the past few years. Some walk ways along its entire stretch may be impassable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Although there's widespread moderate rain across Dublin city at the moment with the odd heavier burst here and there, there's a growing area of rain to the south and south west of the Isle of Man. It's a large area and it's increasing in intensity so there may well still be many more hours of moderate to heavy rain to come.

highdef wrote: »
    Although there's widespread moderate rain across Dublin city at the moment with the odd heavier burst here and there, there's a growing area of rain to the south and south west of the Isle of Man. It's a large area and it's increasing in intensity so there may well still be many more hours of moderate to heavy rain to come.

The Rain Train.....:D

i9c6HUB.png

Ah No. Thanks. Ill take a spin down to rathfarnam waterfall later.

It wont burst it banks. As in a proper flood. A lot of flood relief going on the past few years. Some walk ways along its entire stretch may be impassable.

I would only expect it to flood outside my area (by the kiosk) and out by Ely’s Arch tbh, that’s more the general idea I was thinking rather then all over Dublin lol

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

TTLF wrote: »
    I would only expect it to flood outside my area (by the kiosk) and out by Ely’s Arch tbh, that’s more the general idea I was thinking rather then all over Dublin lol

It was pretty high at around 3pm when I was passing that area where it usually breaks its banks lol

DOCARCH wrote: »
    20.0mm for the day so far in Dublin 16.

Just 2 4mm at my station
    But I did notice heavier rain in Arklow town itself on the coast as I drove in earlier, as least double what fell here I'd say

kittyn wrote: »
    It was pretty high at around 3pm when I was passing that area where it usually breaks its banks lol

Over my 17 years, (8 of which was river watching of the dodder bc of 2011) i usually judge the river level by the small side path and small steps beside the river, and if they’re completely covered on my way home, then for certain it’s going to burst it’s banks.

Over the last 40 mins, the rain has really picked up here and it’s belting it down close to town.

The Rain Train.....:D

i9c6HUB.png

That's a weather front,its drifting south as much as west but ultimately will fade east
    Looking at its momentum now the largest block will make landfall south of Dublin, unfortunately for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

It is like opposite land the last 2 weeks!!!

Advertisement