Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

absolute horrendeus day in Dublin and here in Meath. Lots of waterlogging in the fields between Dunshaughlin and Clonee, especially close to Dunshaughlin, there are some mini lakes forming in the fields.

The side roads around Dunshaughlin are dangerous, my road is flooded again for the second time this week in 4 places with torrents of water gushing onto the road from surrounding fields and ditches are all blocked full of water and leaves.

My driveway is completely flooded over 2 inches deep in places, gutters completely overflowing and the rain continues to hammer down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Gonzo wrote: »
    absolute horrendeus day in Dublin and here in Meath. Lots of waterlogging in the fields between Dunshaughlin and Clonee, especially close to Dunshaughlin, there are some mini lakes forming in the fields.

The side roads around Dunshaughlin are dangerous, my road is flooded again for the second time this week in 4 places with torrents of water gushing onto the road from surrounding fields and ditches are all blocked full of water and leaves.

My driveway is completely flooded over 2 inches deep in places, gutters completely overflowing and the rain continues to hammer down.

I'm loving the amount of detail you put in Gonzo!

I wonder how rainfall totals this November compare to this time last year. It will be interesting to see a comparison between 1-10 November this year and last year because of the intense rainfall of the 9th last year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I'm loving the amount of detail you put in Gonzo!

I wonder how rainfall totals this November compare to this time last year. It will be interesting to see a comparison between 1-10 November this year and last year because of the intense rainfall of the 9th last year.

It will be interesting at the end of this year to compare rainfall for the first 6 months of 2019 to the last 6 months of 2019, It's going to be a fairly uneven split I feel with the far wetter months lining up one after another since August.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Don't wanna alarm anyone but the dodder is like, at it's peak and about to burst... https://twitter.com/vxlks/status/1192505287451779072

(pictures provided by me :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

Apart from some very heavy rain this morning the rain has been generally light to moderate in Kildare but persistent.

14mm

• Advertisement

Louth / Meath horrendous! We’ll all be kayaking around tomorrow !

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

TTLF wrote: »
    Don't wanna alarm anyone but the dodder is like, at it's peak and about to burst... https://twitter.com/vxlks/status/1192505287451779072

IDUSCxE.png

Its really starting to rise. Trying to upload a Great Video of Rathfarham Waterfall bombing through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

IDUSCxE.png

Its really starting to rise. Trying to upload a Great Video of Rathfarham Waterfall bombing through.
    Dropped by .004 in the last 15

spookwoman wrote: »
    Dropped by .004 in the last 15

Yeah but another heavy band of rain is coming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Is that by Ely Arch?

• Advertisement

Scratch that last, it’s bucketing down in Kildare now we

Achasanai wrote: »
    Is that by Ely Arch?
    Yep, I took the picture on the bridge,

One thing that has been noticeable today is the radar black spot caused by the wicklow mountains. Radar out to sea seems patchy as well

Rathfarham Waterfall. (There,s no sound).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Imagine all this perception was falling in the middle of Jan. -10 uppers. North east winds. Storm emma would look like a dusting..
    Also does it feel like we're getting alot more full days of rain. There have been a good few in the last while raining for morning to to night..

We still have all the water to come off the Dublin Wicklow mountains into the River Dodder. Lots of Run Off.

We still have all the water to come off the Dublin Wicklow mountains into the River Dodder. Lots of Run Off.

ontop of the heavy rain atm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain quite light now in Dublin 16. 26.0mm so far today.

Looks like Irish Sea is drying up a bit now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like Dodder has peaked already? https://waterlevel.ie/0000009010/0001/day/

It is a 'flash' river. Rises and falls quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

Yep, I took the picture on the bridge,

I thought I recognised the trees by the bridge! That lower section (from the bridge up towards Rathfarnham crossroads) has a habit of breaking its banks first. Good to know that it may not be an option to go that route tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

First really heavy downpour in Arklow now,the front as expected is moving south and its rain pushing inland along it off the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Will it ever stop! Deluges for hours....

Celbridge

Belting down in Naas now 17mm

Dodder risen to 1.035 .003 over the peak earlier. 1.039 at 20.00

png

Achasanai wrote: »
    I thought I recognised the trees by the bridge! That lower section (from the bridge up towards Rathfarnham crossroads) has a habit of breaking its banks first. Good to know that it may not be an option to go that route tomorrow.

agreed

Belting down here again. 18mm. Love the way then the rain comes in over Dublin and then when it hits the SW Dublin hills it just magically intensifies as it moves into Kildare ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice enough day in Letterkenny, a few showers but plenty of sunshine. Nice to see roles reversed over the past few weeks with my usual moaning replaced by the east coasters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

pad199207 wrote: »
    Belting down here again. 18mm. Love the way then the rain comes in over Dublin and then when it hits the SW Dublin hills it just magically intensifies as it moves into Kildare ugh

I'd blame jackeens for that ;)

Meanwhile a few intense bursts in Arklow but that front is weakening as it drives south thankfully
    Expecting still to be in single figures rain total when it exits

the dodder is still rising, got some photos. We're about roughly 2-4cm before it bursts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Finished up with 58mm over the past 24hrs, thats now 168mm since last thursday, garden is like a bog, front lawns not much better, at least its dry and cold now, looking forward to a dry day and some sun tomorrow

Advertisement