Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Bullseye over NI:D

web17_radar15_201911101815.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Raining with the past hour or so in Arklow
    Total for the day 4mm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snow falling in Meenaroy Co Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Pangea wrote: »
    Snow falling in Meenaroy Co Donegal

Sure is, I'm just after driving through and got caught out badly. Blizzard conditions with heavy driving snow and next to no visibility, a lot of snow on the road but just about passable, lucky we didn't get stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Lashing rain in Galway although you would not know looking at the radar very cold temp 7 degrees in strong wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Meenaroy just now

Photo courtesy of Fidelma Shovelin Facebook

0jRZFKr.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pouring rain again at Dunshaughlin, there really hasn't been many dry hours between Halloween and today, it's mostly being pouring with rain at some stage every day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Raining in cork city, some strong winds too with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Surprise ,surprise the rain is back again in North County Dublin.

Is this what it's like to live in West of Ireland? I wouldn't last 5 mins.

So sick of it raining constantly since Halloween.

Ah well back to Netflix. Unbelievable is well worth a watch if anyone looking for a recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

Has lashed down in Kildare this evening, another 10mm in the gauge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Pic on Facebook from Meenaroy, more what it was like as we were driving through.

FB-IMG-1573416204890.jpg

Was there any forecast of snow today? Haven't been paying close attention to the forecast this week but never heard any mention of snow. Met.ie says sleet on Northern hills but we've had sleet bordering on snow near sea level in Letterkenny and awful conditions higher up, a lot of cars were caught by surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

The Donegal weather channel on facebook has lots of video and photos now.

Gone very windy in Kildare with driving drizzle

11mm in the gauge

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gusting over 80 km/hr currently in Castlebar, it really came out of nowhere although the charts did show an upgrade for this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Recent weather like this is sometimes followed by a proper freeze its feels like one is coming anyway...sure we'll see it the charts start upgrading the cold in the coming weeks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Some interesting rainfall stats for this month:

Dublin Airport has had 59.3mm of rain up to yesterday so far this month, 17.6mm than all of October.

Also wetter than January and February this year combined, more than two times the rainfall in January and about double February's rainfall.

This figure is also higher than May and July's rainfall.

Similar story with Phoenix Park and Casement.

Up to 73.7mm as of yesterday, just 3.5mm short of October's total and 0.9mm off April. I imagine we'll surpass it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

9pm

Mace head gusting 47 knots
    Newport gusting 43 knots
    Malin head gusting 42 knots

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Dunsany now at 86.7mm since yesterday, it could possibly read close to 100mm on the next update.

Dunsany is now sitting at 819mm for the year up to yesterday, which is 1mm more than the total rainfall for 2018 and 10mm more than the total rainfall for 2017 and 26mm more than the total rainfall for 2016.

2019 is going to be one our wettest in several years all thanks to a very strong and prolonged Atlantic pattern since August. If the next 7 weeks continue with the same pattern I can see Dunsany breaching the 1000mm for year's end.

Gonzo wrote: »
    Dunsany now at 86.7mm since yesterday, it could possibly read close to 100mm on the next update.

Up to 97mm in Kildare now. Must check if I’ve ever hit 100mm before the middle of a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Heavy rain presently that started as sleety bits earlier. Wind is howling here now in south Laois. 6.7c after peaking at 7.2c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Wild and more rain Meath.
    Had a sunny morning in Phoenix Park for Rememberence Run.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭newholland mad

Absolutely bucketing down in carlow. Cold and wet

Gonzo wrote: »

Dunsany is now sitting at 819mm for the year up to yesterday, which is 1mm more than the total rainfall for 2018 and 10mm more than the total rainfall for 2017 and 26mm more than the total rainfall for 2016.

2019 is going to be one our wettest in several years all thanks to a very strong and prolonged Atlantic pattern since August. If the next 7 weeks continue with the same pattern I can see Dunsany breaching the 1000mm for year's end.

I'm barely at 600
    Just goes to show the trend of the rain this fall and indeed this year has been in over the atlantic coastal counties,Ulster north and mid leinster
    Whereas south and east of the Wicklow mountains has been spared
    Lost count of the number of times radar returns have reflected this situation too including today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

appledrop wrote: »
    Surprise ,surprise the rain is back again in North County Dublin.

Was out on the bike earlier and on the road between Naul and Oldtown ...more specifically between Naul and the turn for Garristown .....on one of the short rises in the road I glanced to my right and where once was fields was now a lake.
    Stopped in Brew in Ballyboughil for a coffee and in the courtyard they had a river running into a drain.
    And that was before this evenings deluge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

wild with heavy showers every so often in cork city this evening. Was nice this morning and early afternoon , cloudy but nice enough to do stuff in!

koutoubia wrote: »
    Was out on the bike earlier and on the road between Naul and Oldtown ...more specifically between Naul and the turn for Garristown .....on one of the short rises in the road I glanced to my right and where once was fields was now a lake.
    Stopped in Brew in Ballyboughil for a coffee and in the courtyard they had a river running into a drain.
    And that was before this evenings deluge.

I'm not surprised. The old N1 Lusk/Donabate road has been flooded so main time recently + that's a big wide main road so I can only imagine what the fields/smaller rural roads are like.

Is is not very early for snow even for Donegal? I hope this is not a sign of things to come!

Do we need to move thread to Winter discussion to include all posts from 1st Nov?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Is is not very early for snow even for Donegal? I hope this is not a sign of things to come!

Do we need to move thread to Winter discussion to include all posts from 1st Nov?

No, fine for the moment , we follow Meteorological winter beginning Dec 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,514 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

No, meteorological winter starts on December 1st. We're still very much in autumn.

• Advertisement

I think it was 2003 in october,the period of 48hrs of wicked thunderstorms in a northerly that there was snow on Lugnaquilla
    November is not the earliest

Advertisement