Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

57mm in Sligo about half our total.

A lot of sun this month after first 4 days of zero but also a lot of rain too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

85mm so far for this week in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Where did this sudden heavy outburst of rain come from in Dublin tonight? Didn’t see it coming lol been raining for about 2 hours now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The wind has eased off and the background noise of the tide crashing the rocks on the shore at the end of the field behind me is loud.

"Whatever next, " as an old friend used to say.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Never seen rain clinging to the East Coast like it has been for the last few days

• Advertisement

Bitterly bitterly cold. Merciless blue sky! met,ie says just above freezing, and a keen little breeze.

Sky has blue ambitions.

Been out for turf and certainly bracing

All seems much colder than this time last year; was still going for early walks then.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

There's a real chance of something wintry across the South and Southeast Wednesday evening and night. Uppers and thickness are just the right side of marginal. Primarily a high ground situation but one to watch....I was going to say it may catch a few unawares but I see fake media ia already warning of snow armageddon lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I was going to say it may catch a few unawares but I see fake media ia already warning of snow armageddon lol!!

Had 3 people tell me last night that "Met Éireann" are saying it'll snow next week. One fella pulled up his proof, an Irish mirror article. That was enough about that!

Beautiful sunshine with a low of -1c

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Lovely day out on the pier in Dun Laoire . Sun is shining and rain is forgotten for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Getting cloudier as the day moves on in cork city, rain expected later. Chilly enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Overcast and 4.5c in West Clare. Very chilly afternoon

A dark and leaden sky here now; oppressive, as if anything could fall soon..bitterly cold still.

Hope all the old folk are keeping warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

5 degrees but bright and calm. North East. Good walking weather. May light the fire soon, before the chill sets in.

Looks like a cool week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

According to the radar it should be lashing rain in Galway but it's not raining at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dull dark cold day here in Castlebar. Stove lit

A dull dark cold day here in Castlebar. Stove lit

Same out here with the addition now of heavy hard rain.. west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Barely touching 4 degrees here yet does not feel unpleasant out at all. Sky has that dark but nice pre-blizzard look about it.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Just 2 degrees at Knock airport at the moment

Just 2 degrees at Knock airport at the moment

Ouch!

Gusty winds now and sheeting rain..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just back from Wicklow, saw some snow near the tops of the peaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Gonzo wrote: »

The very peak got some snow cover last night after the really intense heavy rain over S. Dublin, maybe it was evaporate cooling?

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ouch!

Gusty winds now and sheeting rain..

Setting in for the night :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Gonzo wrote: »

YXIpXnX.jpg

Didn't get any from Kippure. But its White at the Top.

Wednesday Possible Ninja Snow Event.

UmrdAdq.png

Kph8ol4.png

CEHAzZA.png

a8yj7ic.png

Dublin Wicklow Mountains could get a Hammering from this low if it stalls like last weeks Lows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well winter is well + truly here. In fairness it has been very mild so far up until this week. We are out in park every weekend + you would be wrapped up but never cold + I was starting to wonder why I had so many heavy wintery clothes in wardrobe+ I would do a clear out.

Ha ha well that's all changed this weekend. Freezing cold+ biting winds so now I know why I have them.

Hope it doesn't snow. I hate it + hassle of trying to get to work in treacherous conditions. Only like it if its blizzard conditions like 2 years ago + everywhere closed!

Moderate to Heavy Rain in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

That Netweather radar is a joke! It should raining be in my parts for over an hour now - it hasn't arrived yet!
    The Met E radar is accurate and the rain should arrive very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

pad199207 wrote: »
    Moderate to Heavy Rain in Kildare now

Same here in Laois , heavy the eases off a bit .

Four of the cats are still out and there is no way in this gale I can get the door open even if they seek in. They will be snug enough in the shed or old cottage .. truly wild now

west mayo offshore

• Advertisement

Bucketing down in Kildare now. Already 3mm in the gauge

Advertisement