Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

seligehgit wrote: »
    If that's the official Mayo GAA wikipedia page whoever carried out that editing should seriously cop on and return it to it's original state.

Making a mockery of the Mayo GAA community as a whole.

It probably sounded hilarious in their head.

Written down-not so much...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

padd b1975 wrote: »

Its reverted. You can guess the county editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Standard procedure i would imagine? However in a previous statement they said the motion was passed overwhelmingly

By the club delegates. When it wasn't.
    They want to control the narrative by only putting out news they want people to know, you can only do that if you control the media. How do you that. You ban the rest and only use your mouthpiece (PRO). The best dictators in the world have done it this way.

But sadly in the world of social media that's no longer possible unless you ban social media. Alas the mayo county board isn't big enough for that.

They made a show of themselves at every step.

Big statement saying the will address every issue in the 1st letter and they don't. The childish song playing at the match. The big meeting with the clubs only no media ones assume to bad mouth Mr o Leary. He has played a blinder though. The 1st letter asking the questions. The second latter giving more detail and the donkey comment which he has had in his back pocket since earlier this year. The 3 letter giving more details about what exactly has been going on and asking to sponsor the team to know the process and the fact it's a terrible deal we have and they county have already agreed to renew it a year out from it's actually date with no bidding process.

Then the legal warning about defamation before the last meeting which was clearly the aim when they banned the media.

The end is nigh for a few members of the county board I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's not somebody editing a wiki page that's making us a laughing stock. The County Board are doing a fine job of that by themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

PARlance wrote: »
    It's not somebody editing a wiki page that's making us a laughing stock. The County Board are doing a fine job of that by themselves.
    I am sure they are soon going to open a Mayo Comedy Club .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 The Supporter

Limerick Hurlers won the Liam Mac Carthy cup in 2018 after 45 yrs, J.P. McManus was their sponsor who is a billionaire.
    Teneo was the Tipperary Hurlers sponsor and it is reported that the Tipp Hurlers wanted for nothing this year under Liam Sheedy, look at the strength of the backroom team Sheedy had. Kerry have the Kerry Group, one of the wealthiest companies in Ireland and we know the financial resources Dublin have. Big financial sponsorship brings results. We in Mayo need massive financial support if we are going to be competitive in 2020. I believe it is vital that new officers are elected onto the Mayo County Board at the next Convention in Belmullet

Latest twist is that someone recorded the meeting and the County Board are investigating.

Connaught Telegraph Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whoever did that is a total disgrace and needs banning form Mayo GAA. This backs up everything The County board have been saying. Whatever about the county board being out of their depth what gives O'Leary the right to be holding people to ransom?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

irishgeo wrote: »
    By the club delegates. When it wasn't.
    They want to control the narrative by only putting out news they want people to know, you can only do that if you control the media. How do you that. You ban the rest and only use your mouthpiece (PRO). The best dictators in the world have done it this way.

But sadly in the world of social media that's no longer possible unless you ban social media. Alas the mayo county board isn't big enough for that.

They made a show of themselves at every step.

Big statement saying the will address every issue in the 1st letter and they don't. The childish song playing at the match. The big meeting with the clubs only no media ones assume to bad mouth Mr o Leary. He has played a blinder though. The 1st letter asking the questions. The second latter giving more detail and the donkey comment which he has had in his back pocket since earlier this year. The 3 letter giving more details about what exactly has been going on and asking to sponsor the team to know the process and the fact it's a terrible deal we have and they county have already agreed to renew it a year out from it's actually date with no bidding process.

Then the legal warning about defamation before the last meeting which was clearly the aim when they banned the media.

The end is nigh for a few members of the county board I'd say.

The donkey comment was common knowledge among many gaa people in the county for some time, it was obviously going to come into the publci domain at some stage. I actually feel sorry for some of the good people on the exec, but at this stage its become such a farce it's hard for any of them to come out of it looking good.

padd b1975 wrote: »

You're right actually,in retrospect it's not funny, the material is certainly there for a much better effort

• Advertisement

Whoever did that is a total disgrace and needs banning form Mayo GAA. This backs up everything The County board have been saying. Whatever about the county board being out of their depth what gives O'Leary the right to be holding people to ransom?

Who is holding to ramsom.its his money or money his foundation helped raise

He is entitled to ask how it's been spent. If its not going to valid gaa expenses I would be wanting to know too.

Another meeting.

So it's a meeting about the meeting.

Fr ted sketch springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

How do you assume that it was O’Leary that was behind the recording?

I think it was wrong if people did that, but lots of interested parties involved in being suspicious of the Co Board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

irishgeo wrote: »
    Another meeting.

So it's a meeting about the meeting.

Fr ted sketch springs to mind.

"Is there anything to be said for having another meeting, oh god, i love having meetings"

Everyone: 'It's a joke! We're a laughing stock! We're a joke!'

Someone makes a joke about it.

Everyone: 'This is no joke. This is serious! No time for laughing here!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

So the clubs were told by the county board to stop making statements (only I think 6 did). Secret recording of the last meeting gone viral. Now all the naughty boys and girls are being called into another meeting. I wonder will everyone be searched and any electronic devices confiscated?

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I wonder will everyone be searched and any electronic devices confiscated?

No Mike's should be allowed in.

So the clubs were told by the county board to stop making statements (only I think 6 did). Secret recording of the last meeting gone viral. Now all the naughty boys and girls are being called into another meeting. I wonder will everyone be searched and any electronic devices confiscated?

:confused:

If that's the official Mayo GAA wikipedia page whoever carried out that editing should seriously cop on and return it to it's original state.

Making a mockery of the Mayo GAA community as a whole.

Ara relax, its harmless messing, nobody takes Wikipedia too seriously anyway

:D

• Advertisement

:confused:

Someone recorded the meeting the last night, its flying around whatsapp at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Mayo GAA ~ Doing their Best to make the Off Season Interesting .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Someone recorded the meeting the last night, its flying around whatsapp at the moment

This could have serious implications for the person who did this without consent. Its taking a new low every day now and you could not make this sh1t up!!

Someone seriously needs to take control and lay out a plan to address all these issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

The question has to be who recorded it? Was it a delegate or a member of the executive?

Personally think after the summer of leaks to the Con Tel I think it is a member of the executive who did it who has an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

I see what you did there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I don't know if it's old news or not but I heard today that the planned centre of excellence at Loch Lannagh has been shelved for environmental reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I don't know if it's old news or not but I heard today that the planned centre of excellence at Loch Lannagh has been shelved for environmental reasons?

This was reported by O'Leary in his latest letter. There has been no confirmation or any info from any other source

Michael Gallagher from Ballycroy has thrown his hat into the ring for the PRO position.

Lengthy interview on CRC with Aidan Crowley.

A very strong candidate me thinks.

Michael Gallagher from Ballycroy has thrown his hat into the ring for the PRO position.

Lengthy interview on CRC with Aidan Crowley.

A very strong candidate me thinks.

Perfect man for the job, so, you know what that means.....

• Advertisement

Deferred coverage of Ballintubber v Corofin on TG4 at 15.25 next Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement