Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

irelands fittest family

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

I really enjoyed this season. Very entertaining and built to a very exciting end. I was very impressed with the mother in the Coneys, she was one tough competitor. I don’t think Croke Park worked as the final venue. I thought Davy was going to have a heart attack with all his shouting and roaring.

There is a celebrity special on Sunday December 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

Caprica wrote: »
    I think it's on Monday 31st at 8.30pm.

Actress Norma Sheehan, 2FM's Keith Walsh, singers Sean and Conor Price and Dancing with the Stars judge Brian Redmond are joined by their families to battle it out for the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Caprica wrote: »
    I really enjoyed this season. Very entertaining and built to a very exciting end. I was very impressed with the mother in the Coneys, she was one tough competitor. I don’t think Croke Park worked as the final venue. I thought Davy was going to have a heart attack with all his shouting and roaring.

Let me guess.......

Nathan/Jake Carter

Majella O'Donnell

A Garrihy sister

Peter Casey

Marty Morrissey

I'll miss it now that it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Starts Sunday 27th October!

Mairead Ronan is back to front the series and join coaches Anna Geary, Davy Fitzgerald, Donncha O'Callaghan and Derval O'Rourke as they put some of Ireland's fittest family teams through their paces.

Really like this programme - think it's actually the only RTE programme that I watch! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mona McSharry, that’s a fairly heavy weight name to have on ur team

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Helppls18

Anna Geary is really making a name for herself at the mo, she's everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Seems the only way to scale the eliminator ramp is to look for a section with less oil or go up right at the sides I preferred the old ramps tbh, more about fitness and collectiveness than luck with wherever the oil is less severe

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That's a humdinger of an eliminator :eek:

Delighted and relieved to see MR back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Couldn’t disagree more, she’s gives me the pain

Mistake there letting the mother going first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

mojesius wrote: »
    Seems the only way to scale the eliminator ramp is to look for a section with less oil or go up right at the sides I preferred the old ramps tbh, more about fitness and collectiveness than luck with wherever the oil is less severe

Really stupid putting oil on it,could be ten minutes ahead of your rivals through superior fitness and strength and still get beaten if one of the team keeps sliding back down on the oil.

An I'm a celebrity type stupid stunt,rename it Irelands funniest family!!

Green&Red wrote: »
    Couldn’t disagree more, she’s gives me the pain

Mistake there letting the mother going first

Miles better than the shrieking banshee though. I for one am very relieved to see her back!!

Agree about the oiling of the ramp in the eliminator, puts a lottery element into it that has no place in a "fittest " contest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

Mairead is looking fit again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I agree with everyone else... The oil on the ramp is a stupid idea. It adds a lottery that isn't fair.

The rest of the eliminator is good though.

Did a rope magically appear in those rat tunnels for the last eliminator???

Those scaffolding frames (specifically the drop from the highest ones, onto a surface with holes in it) were a bit lethal :eek:. I hope they had a watertight disclaimer from all the families!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Did a rope magically appear in those rat tunnels for the last eliminator???
    was wondering exactly the same
    Those scaffolding frames (specifically the drop from the highest ones, onto a surface with holes in it) were a bit lethal :eek:. I hope they had a watertight disclaimer from all the families!!!

that really wasnt thought through because of the angle of the slope your always going to drop onto the lower bar, when the guy fell onto it with the small of his back im surprised they didnt stop him right there, could still have done some serious damage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

That rope defo wasn't there in the first two.

Some of the falls off that last climbing frame looked awful

For all the hype, they've had much better eliminators in the past this was rubbish. They should have renamed the show 'irelands first family to figure out that the ramp was easier to climb at the edge'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah MR is alright, much better than Kathryn Thomas with her shrieking and patronising hugs.

Agree with others about the final ramp with oil and everyone crawling up the sides. On the final contest it looked like one side of the ramp was a lot more slippy than the other. It wasnt really a test of skill, moreso luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anyone know when this is repeated? Not on the rte site or their wiki page

I think it's usually on again on Saturday, or maybe Sunday afternoon - I think it's definitely repeated before the next episode anyway.

You'll also presumably get it on the RTE player.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I watched this on RTE player today, very enjoyable.

But if Mairéad said "guys" once, she easily said it a few dozen times.
    So annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I was surprised the Africans weren't picked quicker, they look like serious contenders.

I was surprised the Africans weren't picked quicker, they look like serious contenders.

The two African sons and daughter are but their mother struggled to run the 200 meters to pick up the first barrel, which one of her sons did for her. Out of all contenders she looked the least fit so guessing thats why they weren't picked early.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The two African sons and daughter are but their mother struggled to run the 200 meters to pick up the first barrel, which one of her sons did for her. Out of all contenders she looked the least fit so guessing thats why they weren't picked early.
    Absolutely - she'll be a huge weak link on that team, can't see them getting far tbh - although the three kids look like powerhouses.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Where was referee Joe? He's have made sure that the oil was evenly distributed. Hope he hasn't been dropped.

Where was referee Joe? He's have made sure that the oil was evenly distributed. Hope he hasn't been dropped.

He was missing one previous series I think?

I agree, not the same without him!

Was it even oil? From the very quick clip of the ref pouring something on the ramp it looked more like water to me. Didnt see any black oil stains on the contestants clothes at the top either.

Between that and the magical ropes appearing inside the rat tunnels Im guessing the producers had to have a re-think about the course during the days filming of the event. I'd say the first lot out struggled for ages to get up the rat tunnels such was the sharp incline of the hill so they added in the ropes, they definitely couldnt be seen in the earlier shots of the first race.

• Advertisement

It's on tonight at 7.30pm on RTE2

(At least, I'm assuming it's a repeat of this week's first episode and not some random old one!)

Advertisement