Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 house alarm

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

More or less. Some of the zone inputs are common.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dunfers

Hi hopefully someone can help.having problems with my Aritech CS350. It started because the Battery in the hot press was overheating. So I turned off power and replaced the battery no problems. Now when I try to set the alarm I get A display saying "Call Alarm Co.24". The alarm just won't work. The new battery seems to be fine but can't get it to set. Tried default code 1278 n no joy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It needs a reset code.
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed to help you here with user codes or engineer codes.
    Have you tried calling the installation company.
    Its a simple code that can be entered via user menu.

Is it just a case of getting a call out? What is approx cost for this repair?

Don't know the installation company as it's 18 yrs ago n before my time. Alarm company that has serviced it told me the default code. Said it could be a board either. I don't really trust them. Do u know of any good alarm company near navan.

• Advertisement

Any good company could sort this for you. Its not the board .
    Call outs vary a lot from 50- 150 so shop around.

Ok thanks

Your welcome.
    Just don't let anyone tell you it needs replacing..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Say hello to my little friend

Hi Folks,
    Have an Aritech CS350 house alarm in house we bought few years ago. Alarm is late 1990s vintage. I changed old bell box to HKC siren about 2 years ago myself and 2 LEDS flashing alternatively previously have now changed to both on solid. Of course cant find either ringer manual or Aritech manual. Alarm seems to work OK. All zones tested Entry Exit zone 1 and 5 other PIR. Both box tampers working OK. Able to change codes. Would anyone have manual for alarm and /or HKC siren to see what 2 solid LEDs mean.

We are not allowed share manuals here any more. Try contact Aritech or HKC directly or an installation company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Folks,
    Have an Aritech CS350 house alarm in house we bought few years ago. Alarm is late 1990s vintage. I changed old bell box to HKC siren about 2 years ago myself and 2 LEDS flashing alternatively previously have now changed to both on solid. Of course cant find either ringer manual or Aritech manual. Alarm seems to work OK. All zones tested Entry Exit zone 1 and 5 other PIR. Both box tampers working OK. Able to change codes. Would anyone have manual for alarm and /or HKC siren to see what 2 solid LEDs mean.

Did you change the link for the led in the bell?
    This can be changed to have them alternate or on solid.

Hi Folks,

Check the link jumpers are on tight & haven't become loose or corroded,
    Also try power the bell down & back up again.
    Does the LEDs flash OK when the alarm activates?

Would anyone have manual for alarm and /or HKC siren to see what 2 solid LEDs mean.

It is just a state the LEDs can be set to.
    The jumper in the bell can be set to have them on solid or for them to alternate.

Thanks guys for that. Had a look yesterday and link wasn't moved since installed. took photos but don't want to post here which I have checked again. I took out link and reinserted in case it had corroded. Might try powering down and up. Don't want to annoy neighbours too much with alarm noise. House is 2 storey so top of 20ft ladder with 110dB at our face isn't pleasant also, ye fellas probably used to it. Not too worried if ye think there is no problem with it, I just find it strange that it changed from flashing to solid for no apparent reason. If alarm activates 3 LEDs flash as you would expect so maybe its Ok. Thanks again for feedback.

Thanks guys for that. Had a look yesterday and link wasn't moved since installed. took photos but don't want to post here which I have checked again. I took out link and reinserted in case it had corroded. Might try powering down and up. Don't want to annoy neighbours too much with alarm noise. House is 2 storey so top of 20ft ladder with 110dB at our face isn't pleasant also, ye fellas probably used to it. Not too worried if ye think there is no problem with it, I just find it strange that it changed from flashing to solid for no apparent reason. If alarm activates 3 LEDs flash as you would expect so maybe its Ok. Thanks again for feedback.

Strange one if the link is in place as removing this will make the LEDs stay on as you described.
    Strobe flashing on activation is also correct.

Out of curiosity I'd try use something else to short out the link.Otherwise it may be a fault with the unit. Nothing to worry about unless something else develops from it.

Thanks guys. Might leave it if solid LEDs don't mean impending doom. I have good neighbours, so don't want to annoy them too much opening sounder box !

As I said, that should be OK unless something else arises with it.

Thanks guys. Might leave it if solid LEDs don't mean impending doom. I have good neighbours, so don't want to annoy them too much opening sounder box !

If its not causing any issues and is working id leave it also.

Would it be normal for an Aritech CS350D main box (under the stairs) to feel warm to the touch? I've never paid much notice to it but I was dusting under the stairs and was surprised how toasty the box felt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Would it be normal for an Aritech CS350D main box (under the stairs) to feel warm to the touch? I've never paid much notice to it but I was dusting under the stairs and was surprised how toasty the box felt.

There is a mains transformer inside the unit, it is located in the top left corner. Is it especially warm there?
    I find a hot panel is usually caused by a low battery, basically the panel is working harder to keep the faulty battery charged and this causes excessive heat.
    A low battery condition will not automatically be displayed on the keypad.

kub wrote: »
    There is a mains transformer inside the unit, it is located in the top left corner. Is it especially warm there?
    I find a hot panel is usually caused by a low battery, basically the panel is working harder to keep the faulty battery charged and this causes excessive heat.
    Thanks, yeah heat is probably coming from upper corner.

Thanks for heads up re: battery. I might grab one to have handy just so I don't get caught out over xmas when the shops are closed. I last replaced it in early 2011.

After 6 years it would be no harm to replace the battery.
    Also try leave a little space all around the panel to allow it to breathe .

kub wrote: »
    You were spot on with your diagnosis because this morning the low battery warning popped up. And I had just picked up a replacement battery yesterday to have handy so uncanny timing.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Galwaylad09

Hi Folk's,
    We bought a house and the house as an Aritech cs350 alarm installed. I think the alarm was installed almost 20 years ago. As far as I know there was never any problems with it in the past even though some of the contacts and PIR's must have been upgraded and there are relatively new windows in it. I have the arming/disarming code but, I do not the engineering code and no way of getting it. I am reluctant to do a full reset.
    Z2 is shown as an open zone and it is a spare bedroom. I would not mind if this was omitted from the alarm. The zones between this bedroom and the rest of the house seem to be all ok.
    Can I omit this zone without the engineering code?
    If I power down the alarm and open the panel, can i just take out the z2 wire?
    Do i need to put resistors/shorts in the panel across this zone just to bypass it?

GL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Folk's,
    We bought a house and the house as an Aritech cs350 alarm installed. I think the alarm was installed almost 20 years ago. As far as I know there was never any problems with it in the past even though some of the contacts and PIR's must have been upgraded and there are relatively new windows in it. I have the arming/disarming code but, I do not the engineering code and no way of getting it. I am reluctant to do a full reset.
    Z2 is shown as an open zone and it is a spare bedroom. I would not mind if this was omitted from the alarm. The zones between this bedroom and the rest of the house seem to be all ok.
    Can I omit this zone without the engineering code?
    If I power down the alarm and open the panel, can i just take out the z2 wire?
    Do i need to put resistors/shorts in the panel across this zone just to bypass it?

GL
    You'll need to put in resistors in both the tamper and sensor loop to bypass it.

When you power off the panel it will alarm, even if you pull the battery, the external will still ring so have everything prepped and ready to go.

You can open the panel (will trigger the tamper) and then disarm with the code so you can have a look firs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kjkurian

Hi Friends, can anyone help me, my Aritech cs350 House Alarm goes off with showing one particular zone (window) even if that zone is still closed, any idea, why ? everything was working fine, one day suddenly it's started this problem and I didn't open that window for weeks
    Any help much appriciated
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

With all zones closed press the down arrow twice in quick succession. Does it report open zones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kjkurian

degsie wrote: »
    With all zones closed press the down arrow twice in quick succession. Does it report open zones?

Hi thanks for your response
    it's showing all closed & the problem is not all the time but it happens some times only when ever I set the Alarm

thanks

• Advertisement

kjkurian wrote: »
    Hi Friends, can anyone help me, my Aritech cs350 House Alarm goes off with showing one particular zone (window) even if that zone is still closed, any idea, why ? everything was working fine, one day suddenly it's started this problem and I didn't open that window for weeks
    Any help much appriciated
    Thanks

More than likely a faulty sensor or contact on that zone.
    What's the zone description?

Advertisement