Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon moves to lottery entries!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭PIORUN

still no email and i've ran the last 3 years..yikes!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No email for me either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

robinph wrote: »
    No email for me either...
    Same here,tick tock :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Panic Time!!!!!

Sending 20,000 odd emails takes time, I’ll give it to COB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭micar

They've changed it now until 12 noon.

Registered now....fingers crossed for January.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 edit_me

I would say they sending emails in "waves". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Looks to me like the code isn't linked to your name?? Does this mean people can just give the code to someone else (I know that is against the rules etc, but seems to be possible)

I think so, codes will definitely be passed on to new entrants I reckon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Please note this link is for you only and cannot be transferred to a third party. This is your opportunity to register as a priority entrant.

That's a quote from the email so assume they can't be shared to someone else, and evenif they can it should be easy enough to cancel entries where the code doesn't match the name on the entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭solidasarock

Done the last 3 marathons.

Still no email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Just spoke with office
    Code is unique for each entry
    Emails going out in waves throughout the day, I'm not going to say how many emails there are as there will be riots......

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Lottery ticket bought.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Last ran in 2017, not changed email since and no email yet
    Just spoke with office
    Emails going out in waves throughout the day, I'm not going to say how many emails there are as there will be riots......

They are not handling this well,
    Telling everyone they'll get emails at 12pm and then telling people it'll be waves throughout the day are very different things

Cabaal wrote: »

Telling everyone they'll get emails at 12pm and then telling people it'll be waves throughout the day are very different things

The website would have a meltdown if they did everyone at 12PM.
    Doesn't seem fair though as potentially all entries could be gone half way through the process....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The website would have a meltdown if they did everyone at 12PM.
    Doesn't seem fair though as potentially all entries could be gone half way through the process....

Thought you weren't going to mention the numbers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I ran 2 of the last 3 and no email yet - Again the handling of this is so bad , telling people one thing then doing another. No doubt that the early bird of 70euro is now gone as well.

robinph wrote: »
    Thought you weren't going to mention the numbers. :)

Should have said in theory :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Cabaal wrote: »

I dont know if its been changed but this is whats on the site:

There is a guarantee of a race entry for anyone who has participated in one of the last three editions of the KBC Dublin Marathon namely, the 2017, 2018 or 2019 event, they will get a code starting from 12 noon on 1st November and have 72 hours to enter.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I dont know if its been changed but this is whats on the site:

There is a guarantee of a race entry for anyone who has participated in one of the last three editions of the KBC Dublin Marathon namely, the 2017, 2018 or 2019 event, they will get a code starting from 12 noon on 1st November and have 72 hours to enter.

Their twitter post says otherwise
    Participants of the 2017, 2018 & 2019 events will then receive an email at 12pm with the URL & code for guaranteed entry with 72hrs to avail of the offer

They might want to stay on message to set correct expectations :pac:

Be interesting to see if they edit it
    https://twitter.com/dublinmarathon/status/1190180339009933312

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 edit_me

For god sake lads - stop complaining...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Theres a 72 hour window from noon today, no need to panic. You'll get your place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Chris871 wrote: »
    Theres a 72 hour window from noon today, no need to panic. You'll get your place.

Agreed - but a bit of expectation management wold be better. Tell everyone the emails will be out at 6pm, then start sending them at 12. Everyone will have it by 6pm, the 72 hours starts then.

People who get it early will be happy, people who get it closer to 6 will get it when they expected it and be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I ran 2 of the last 3 and no email yet - Again the handling of this is so bad , telling people one thing then doing another. No doubt that the early bird of 70euro is now gone as well.

There was no early bird price

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Complete mismanagement of the DCM.
    • last year's "testing" on the Sunday which allowed half of Cork to snap up the remaining tickets
    • A full lottery system
    • Wait, no if you entered 2017, 2018 or 2019 event you are guaranteed..
    • Sorry is it.. if you entered 2017, 2018 AND 2019 event you are guaranteed..
    • Lottery for the rest from 9am..
    • Wait, no the guaranteed entrants get a code at 12.. and have 72 hours.
    • Oh.. the codes go out from 12..
    • did i mention what on earth is happening to the entry to the race series?

What else did I miss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Had no intention of running DCM next year.......received email with priority code......I'm running Dublin next year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Ran it in 2015, entered the lotto there.

Although with the amount of questions I had to answer it feels less like a lotto.

Have you ran a marathon before?
    What was your time?
    What do you expect your time to be in 2020?
    How many Dublin marathons have you ran?

Not complaining it just felt a bit weird, maybe they need that info for something..

Best of luck to anyone entering the lotto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

I received my email at 10:57. How DARE they email me 63 minutes early! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Kissyfer wrote: »
    I got an email but wont be doing next year so if anyone wants it let me know

AFAIK, its not transferrable...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I received my email at 10:57. How DARE they email me 63 minutes early! :mad:

Complete shambles, organisers would want to take a long hard look at themselves. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Just spoke with office

Ah go on - tell us

More that 22,500 anyway

I got mine and I'm in again for next year

Advertisement