Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭joeguevara

bubblypop wrote: »
    But you believe that Irish citizens should be blocked from living in Ireland?

Are you saying an unborn child is an irish citizen?

Gatling wrote: »
    I believe the mother should immediately deported the child would be a Nigerian citizen .

Not out problem or responsibility - the mother is a liar and scam artist nothing she said in court should be dismissed as lies

No. The child is not an Irish citizen because it is born here, there is no automatic right, as I'm sure you know.
    The child is an Irish citizen because it's father is an Irish citizen. Just because it's mother is Nigerian, that will not stop the child being Irish.

joeguevara wrote: »
    Are you saying an unborn child is an irish citizen?

No, it will be when born as its father is an Irish citizen

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

No. The child is not an Irish citizen

So remind us about deportation orders

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭joeguevara

No, it will be when born as its father is an Irish citizen

Then the child can claim irish citizenship from abroad through its father. No need to stay here until born as they are not an Irish citizen until born. No one is blocking the right to be an Irish citizen.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    Then the child can claim irish citizenship from abroad through its father. No need to stay here until born as they are not an Irish citizen until born. No one is blocking the right to be an Irish citizen.

Oh yes, I know & I agree there is no need. However, the court decided that seeing as she was so close to birth, it made more sense to allow her stay.
    & I was replying to a poster who stated that the child should have no right to live here.

So remind us about deportation orders

What do you need reminding about exactly?
    Considering you believe Irish citizens should be blocked from living in the country, I'm not sure I can explain anything to you!

Friend from the locality sent me a voicemail earlier. The locals are elated about the latest response to their protest. Looks like the centre will not be placed in their town now. Watch this space!

How did your local knowledge in Courttown work out for ya.

I'm not sure I can explain anything

Nothing I don't know .

The child is not a citizen fact ,

There is no reason do delay the deportation order is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,272 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Oh yes, I know & I agree there is no need. However, the court decided that seeing as she was so close to birth, it made more sense to allow her stay.
    & I was replying to a poster who stated that the child should have no right to live here.

It was an interesting court judgement, especially in light of the constitutional rights of the unborn. We had thought that the recent amendment removed those constitutional rights, but it seems that this court case has reinstated at least some rights.

• Advertisement

Nothing I don't know .

The child is not a citizen fact ,

There is no reason do delay the deportation order is there?

Well, it's not even a child yet, but when it is born, it will be an Irish citizen, entitled to live in Ireland.
    Do you still believe that should be blocked.
    The court decided on the deportation order, not me. I'm a believer in the law. The court decided there was a reason, what I can say against that?

blanch152 wrote: »
    It was an interesting court judgement, especially in light of the constitutional rights of the unborn. We had thought that the recent amendment removed those constitutional rights, but it seems that this court case has reinstated at least some rights.

Not sure, I don't think it's was to do with the rights of the unborn at all. Basically as I read it, the child will be an Irish citizen, they refer to a judgement from the EU courts, regarding the non EU parents of EU citizens. To me, it seems like the court just decided that given the female would be entitled to come back as the parent of an Irish citizen, there was no point deporting her for a period of weeks maybe.

Not sure, I don't think it's was to do with the rights of the unborn at all. Basically as I read it, the child will be an Irish citizen, they refer to a judgement from the EU courts, regarding the non EU parents of EU citizens. To me, it seems like the court just decided that given the female would be entitled to come back as the parent of an Irish citizen, there was no point deporting her for a period of weeks maybe.

The child may have died at birth, we don't know, so it can only be on the basis of its unborn status. If you have no right to life, how can you have a right to reside?

The child may have died at birth, we don't know, so it can only be on the basis of its unborn status. If you have no right to life, how can you have a right to reside?

True, the child may have died, but I'm inclined to think the court made the decision on the assumption that it would not. Given the evidence at the time did not suggest any problems with the pregnancy.
    I really don't think it's was to do with the rights of the unborn at all, but I'm not a legal expert so maybe someone else could read more into the judgement then me!

So we gone from we deport (mostly not )
    To oh don't deport the unborn child (no rights)

It's a mockery and abuse of our generous system deport the mother on the next available flight then let her pay what ever legal services in here home country for her child to be allowed to come back ,
    Not just arrive on a flight in Dublin asking where here 4eva home for her child is in a few weeks, months ,years

• Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I guess this is related.

This is paywalled but it seems that if you just hang on in there until you give birth you're grand

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/pregnant-woman-got-injunction-against-deportation-days-before-giving-birth-1.4066876?mode=amp

Pity to see the country abused like this. It's not good for any of us. :(

Lied through her teeth to get into this country and then she got knocked up so it will be more difficult to kick her out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The unborn child I'm talking about

People who aren’t born, aren’t citizens of anywhere.

The government should follow the Americans and set up an ICE division ,
    As soon as a deportation order is issued the person or persons is picking up at home , work , where ever and detained till the person is put onto a plane .
    They should prevent all failed asylum seekers from ever obtaining citizenship here

Lied through her teeth to get into this country and then she got knocked up so it will be more difficult to kick her out now.

And of course it's taxpayers that are funding her little trip to The High Court.

People who aren’t born, aren’t citizens of anywhere.

I didn't say they were.
    You should read all the posts.

• Advertisement

And of course it's taxpayers that are funding her little trip to The High Court.

Of course we are .

And yet people on here want to see more like her here

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

sure remember the case of Ellie Kisyombe who said it was almost impossible to get in here without 'altering some facts' So most of them are absolute liars, hardly great material to get in to the country.

sure remember the case of Ellie Kisyombe who said it was almost impossible to get in here without 'altering some facts' So most of them are absolute liars, hardly great material to get in to the country.

The allowed to run for government,

Only in Ireland

Think the SDs quietly distanced themselves from her when her story didn't add up.

Think the SDs quietly distanced themselves from her when her story didn't add up.

A few actually resigned from the party

True, the child may have died, but I'm inclined to think the court made the decision on the assumption that it would not. Given the evidence at the time did not suggest any problems with the pregnancy.
    I really don't think it's was to do with the rights of the unborn at all, but I'm not a legal expert so maybe someone else could read more into the judgement then me!

It is just I can't reconcile support for abortion (i.e. there is no right to life for the unborn) with support for this woman being allowed to stay (i.e. because her unborn child will have the right to stay in Ireland). It is hypocritical.

Then again, I support abortion, believe this woman should be deported, but also that the people of Ballinamore are wrong to oppose the housing of asylum seekers but I can see some sense of consistent rationality to those.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A few actually resigned from the party

All of this is completely untrue but sure keep making up "facts" yourselves

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

All of this is completely untrue but sure keep making up "facts" yourselves

Really Joey seems you didn't fact check that !

In February, an article in the Sunday Times alleged Ms Kisyombe had arrived in Ireland in April 2011 and secured a student visa, before travelling to the UK and claiming asylum there. Ms Kisyombe has claimed that she sought asylum immediately after arriving at Dublin Airport.

After the article was published, three members of the Social Democrats national executive resigned, including its chair and deputy chair, Joe O’Connor and Carly Bailey. A third member, Chris Bond, also resigned.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ellie-kisyombe-to-run-in-elections-after-correcting-backstory-party-says-1.3881481

• Registered Users Posts: 13,142 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The allowed to run for government,

Only in Ireland

I must say, fair play to some of the bogus AS.

If I was in their position, I'd want to keep the head down.

In contrast, that woman tried to get elected.

Even better, this lad tried to join the Guards!!!!

https://www.thejournal.ie/trainee-garda-sham-marriage-3974988-Apr2018/

Christ, we are some soft country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Really Joey seems you didn't fact check that !

In February, an article in the Sunday Times alleged Ms Kisyombe had arrived in Ireland in April 2011 and secured a student visa, before travelling to the UK and claiming asylum there. Ms Kisyombe has claimed that she sought asylum immediately after arriving at Dublin Airport.

After the article was published, three members of the Social Democrats national executive resigned, including its chair and deputy chair, Joe O’Connor and Carly Bailey. A third member, Chris Bond, also resigned.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ellie-kisyombe-to-run-in-elections-after-correcting-backstory-party-says-1.3881481

They didnt resign from the party no. The national.executive of the party.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement