Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Former Coach

You’re wasting your time with the clowns on chat. They disconnected me when I asked did they think it was ok to be 13 days without being able to receive calls or SMS

So what did you do ? Or are you still waiting too?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

received my sim card an hour ago.

I did one final speedtest on 3 (took me 3 times to run the speedtest because the data speed was so poor)

https://www.speedtest.net/result/a/5435823507

I moved from Eir to Three about 5 months ago and it was a huge mistake, awful internet speeds all the time, and no signal at all half the time.

After inserting my GoMo sim and speedtest is much improved and getting full bars of signal.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/a/5435855552

I'm absolutely delighted! Paying half the amount of money for a significantly better service!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

My porting is ‘in progress’ for the past week. No response to online chat or on Twitter.
    Anybody got a link to customer support?
    Beyond frustrated😡

That happened me. It's probably 'stuck'. I contacted them through Facebook. It's still painfully slow but give them your account number (you'll find it on the website) in the message along with as much detail as possible because that's the first thing they'll ask for and it'll be a few hours between messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number on what to do next and how to complete your move. That's it!

Anyone else get this?

Ported over my wife’s phone yesterday on same account so wondering has that confused the system?

Currently with eir prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

My Sim Card is in An Post depot after "there was no answer at address" delivery attempt yesterday.. Put through a redelivery request yesterday afternoon, no sim this morning and my port has happened... Chat with Go Mo support at 11:18, no reply so far at 11:49... this is not looking good for any urgent future issues..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ported over both my parents phones this morning, both were on 48 months, both ported over without any problems. What I did find thou was I had selected 17:00 yesterday but neither went through then, so I changed my Mam's one to 8am this morning(the fact that it allowed me to change it meant the porting process hadn't started at 5pm yesterday) and didn't do anything with my Dad's one. My Dads one ported over first thing this morning and my Mam's one was in "Porting in Progress" for about 2 hours this morning on her account, but now shows her own number on her account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Paddy_man wrote: »
    My Sim Card is in An Post depot after "there was no answer at address" delivery attempt yesterday.. Put through a redelivery request yesterday afternoon, no sim this morning and my port has happened... Chat with Go Mo support at 11:18, no reply so far at 11:49... this is not looking good for any urgent future issues..

Bad news Paddy. Half an hour is nothing. Most of us with issues have waited days for a response. I finally got sorted this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got my Sim and set my port to midday today. Let's see how this goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

My porting is ‘in progress’ for the past week. No response to online chat or on Twitter.
    Anybody got a link to customer support?
    Beyond frustrated😡

Email:
    complaints@gomo.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number on what to do next and how to complete your move. That's it!

Anyone else get this?

Ported over my wife’s phone yesterday on same account so wondering has that confused the system?

Currently with eir prepay.

Got my sim Tuesday last week and tried about 5 times to port and got that text each time,customer service have no idea why so i just canceled yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Put my sim in this morning & everything is working perfectly, no issues.

Speeds at home, 20 down 5 up

Calls, txt & voicemail all working fine.

Have not ported yet as I want to burn up existing credit on old SIM first.

Was an eir customer.

Delighted with the move.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Put my sim in this morning & everything is working perfectly, no issues.

Speeds at home, 20 down 5 up

Calls, txt & voicemail all working fine.

Have not ported yet as I want to burn up existing credit on old SIM first.

Was an eir customer.

Delighted with the move.

Once you port all will be fine the voicemail although working with the 085 mine was the same once number ported it took a few hours for the sim number to match my number and then voicemail worked honestly best move ever have two phones now on it - was in cafe yesterday and said f it - I’ll watch some live tv on my phone streamed perfect an absolute joy not to be worrying anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Do they provide you with a new number or do you have to give your current one??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Finally..... After 9 days, 5 port over requests, 6 hours standby on chat, and pleading emails, posted over a few minutes ago! Hope to Gawd it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭biebiebie

frosty123 wrote: »
    Do they provide you with a new number or do you have to give your current one??

Both really.
    You get a new 085 number.
    You then have the option to port afterwards if you want (or not).

Finally..... After 9 days, 5 port over requests, 6 hours standby on chat, and pleading emails, posted over a few minutes ago! Hope to Gawd it's worth it.

I'm sure the gain long term will outweigh the teething pains. The hurt is over now so just enjoy :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Question : Internet connection is awful. Does it take a day or so to kick in? I ported from Eir so it should be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Ordered last Tuesday, got it today, port it. Connection 4g, downl 35, upl 18. Very happy with it, 2 phones ported, 40 quid stays in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Carpentry wrote: »
    Ordered last Tuesday, got it today, port it. Connection 4g, downl 35, upl 18. Very happy with it, 2 phones ported, 40 quid stays in my pocket.
    Tuesday deliveries going out... yet I ordered mine on Monday and no movement on my account or order. :Z

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stcosmin

Speedtest indoor ~7 PM in Westbury, Limerick:

Phone OnePlus 6

Vodafone full 4g+ signal:
    Download 140 - 150 Mbps, upload 40 - 50 Mbps

Gomo half 4g signal:
    Download 6 - 10 Mbps, upload 8 - 10 Mbps

Usable for normal tasks but far from Vodafone speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Port went fine at 12. New speeds 1.5mb down 0.23 up. An hour later I can get 5mb down and 0.3 up. Wonder will it pick up.

The APN is set to myeirmobile. I tried adding mymeteor but it didn't make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

FYI if you port over and bank with BOI you will have to get your number reauthorised for texting verification bit of a pita

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭testtech05

sioda wrote: »
    FYI if you port over and bank with BOI you will have to get your number reauthorised for texting verification bit of a pita

I'm in the process of doing this. How do you go about reauthorization of the number?

stcosmin wrote: »
    Speedtest indoor ~7 PM in Westbury, Limerick:

Phone OnePlus 6

Vodafone full 4g+ signal:
    Download 140 - 150 Mbps, upload 40 - 50 Mbps

Gomo half 4g signal:
    Download 6 - 10 Mbps, upload 8 - 10 Mbps

Usable for normal tasks but far from Vodafone speeds.

You choose a certain airline you get a cheap seat and end up at the same destination as the person flying business class different airline.

I think people expect way to much for €9.99, speed changes and I for one am extremely happy. I do wonder what people are actually doing - I streamed live tv - went on Facebook etc if I want WIFI I’ll connect to it.
    For the price and what I now get I’m over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Oige1981 wrote: »
    You choose a certain airline you get a cheap seat and end up at the same destination as the person flying business class different airline.

I think people expect way to much for €9.99, speed changes and I for one am extremely happy. I do wonder what people are actually doing - I streamed live tv - went on Facebook etc if I want WIFI I’ll connect to it.
    For the price and what I now get I’m over the moon.

Odd, im on Vodafone 4G with Work, and its unusuable when travelling down the east coast dublin to wexford. breaks up constantly when streaming google podcasts or spotify. never had and issue with Eir and its cheaper.

I dont buy the whole get what you pay for crap. Vodafone have been living off the brand for a number of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

listermint wrote: »
    Odd, im on Vodafone 4G with Work, and its unusuable when travelling down the east coast dublin to wexford. breaks up constantly when streaming google podcasts or spotify. never had and issue with Eir and its cheaper.

I dont buy the whole get what you pay for crap. Vodafone have been living off the brand for a number of years.

For phone signal Vodafone are still the best, if you want the best coverage for actually making calls

listermint wrote: »

That’s exactly it - GOMO is shaping up the mobile industry and its working! If you want higher speeds don’t swap or change but if you were to monitor it every second GOMO will win over the long scheme of it all especially the price, like what you said Vodafone have a loyal base and it works for some and others it doesn’t - years ago I was with them had to get ComReg involved I was pay as you go and had over €90 credit as I topped up every month then went onto Facebook at 8pm tried to make a phone call at 8.05pm and insufficient credit came up I was like what? Rang them and said you were on the internet I said in 5 minutes I spent over €90? Wow got in touch with ComReg they heard it all before - got my refund to which I still got an email from them saying you were on the internet and our system is correct. From that alone I left immediately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

So Eir has got everyone in a panic with only giving the deal to 100,000- wtf is that all about do they not want customers

VF has hit back by giving all their customers 20 quid credit and free data to stop them switching

Can you block everything outside of the allowance, premium calls and international.

I know there's a special premium Sms bar which i need before switching as I'm getting messages constantly about premium texts but i don't have credit to receive them on VF payg, there's no way id switch before sorting all this

Twister2 wrote: »
    So Eir has got everyone in a panic with only giving the deal to 100,000- wtf is that all about do they not want customers

VF has hit back by giving all their customers 20 quid credit and free data to stop them switching

Can you block everything outside of the allowance, premium calls and international.

I know there's a special premium Sms bar which i need before switching as I'm getting messages constantly about premium texts but i don't have credit to receive them on VF payg, there's no way id switch before sorting all this

Got an email from Virgin yesterday offering me free mobile sim for 3 months and €25 per month after that.

Was that seriously meant to be some sort of counter pitch at GoMo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Is there site down now ? I cannot login to view the status of my account.
    Ordered my sim on the 21st and still nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement