Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Still not over intimidation again in the papers , silage bales slashed brother of Kevin Lunney

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Still not over intimidation again in the papers , silage bales slashed brother of Kevin Lunney

Yeah saw that in the papers yesterday, its pretty brazen of them given the extra Garda/PSNI attention going on in Cavan & Fermanagh right now. There has still been no arrests, would imagine the culprits have gone somewhere to lie low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Listened to an interview Sean Quinn gave to Shannonside Radio. For some reason I can't quite put my finger on, I don't believe him when he says his family had nothing to do with the attack on Kevin Lunney.

Heard that interview myself and he kept referring to Kevin Lunney as "that man" despite the fact Lunney worked directly for Quinn for the guts of 15 years. Its been mentioned he was like a son to him. Its obvious Quinn feels betrayed by Lunney with the take over of the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Interview with Kevin's brother on RTE One tonight @ 9.35pm

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2019/1021/1084802-kevin-lunney-brother-interview/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone watch primetime tonight what sort of savages live in those areas??

was S Q propped up by the provo's for all those years?? and now they don't like the change of guard...is that what it all boils down to??

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭older i get better i was

I would not condone those attacks but I can understand why they happened. Sean Quinn is not a Dub. The vulture jackeens moved against him after they mis sold Anglo as a AAA+ investment.

Sure it's the big bad dubs fault again! and there no culchies working in banks or accountancy firms in the schmoke, because they wouldn't do that type of thing if there was....

SQ got greedy and thought I'm gonna buy me a bank, instead he got fkd over well and truly by seany and the other snake that ran to the states, it now appears his friends maybe trying to terrorise the new owners of q group who bought it fair Nd square.... disgusting behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I would not condone those attacks but I can understand why they happened. Sean Quinn is not a Dub. The vulture jackeens moved against him after they mis sold Anglo as a AAA+ investment.

If he was ****ed over by anybody it was by Sean Fitzpatrick who is not a jackeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

If he was ****ed over by anybody it was by Sean Fitzpatrick who is not a jackeen.

LOL it was the other way round. He tried to **** Seanie Fitz over but ended up ****ing himself and, arguably, the entire country.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

LOL it was the other way round. He tried to **** Seanie Fitz over but ended up ****ing himself and, arguably, the entire country.

well they probably thought they were ****ing over each other. either way there were no jackeens involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Any stock can tank, General Electric was one of the largest companies in the world twenty years ago, it's dropped more than 75% in value, it was as "blue chip" as they come but SQ didn't just go all in on one stock, he bought CFD,s which are extremely high risk financial instruments

His wrecklessness was off the charts and completely his own doing

Gardai saying now that they have been met with a wall of silence when investigating the kidnapping up in the Cavan area

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Gardai saying now that they have been met with a wall of silence when investigating the kidnapping up in the Cavan area

And what are the guards doing about the guy they have on CCTV buying the bleach?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,452 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

fryup wrote: »
    anyone watch primetime tonight what sort of savages live in those areas??

was S Q propped up by the provo's for all those years?? and now they don't like the change of guard...is that what it all boils down to??

No.

It boils down to who owns the business.

For 5 years there have been over 70 incidents from arson, trying to blow up the hq with a lorry tanker of kerosene, death threats assaults etc.

The Garda response has been low key in response to very serious incidents.

Provies, me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,452 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

And what are the guards doing about the guy they have on CCTV buying the bleach?

Just imagine the difference if this happened to a director of say, Roadstone.

None of this humming and hawing and blind eye bolloxology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Danzy wrote: »
    Just imagine the difference if this happened to a director of say, Roadstone.

None of this humming and hawing and blind eye bolloxology.

If it were an American company there'd be a top level investigation with Leo involved.

• Site Banned Posts: 3 The Border Poll Maestro

Kevin Lunney has been attacked again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Kevin Lunney has been attacked again!

ffs. What did you hear? Is he not still in hospital?

• Site Banned Posts: 3 The Border Poll Maestro

martyoo wrote: »
    ffs. What did you hear? Is he not still in hospital?

On Drivetime they said breaking news Gardaí are investigating an attack on the Quinn director Kevin Lunney who was attacked last month more as we get it.

I think it's about the van that was used in the attack.

Link

• Advertisement

Only thing I've heard is they found the van used in Co. Meath earlier.

Actually, the Armed Response unit and helicopter were up over Drogheda earlier at lunch time. I figured it was related to the on going gang problems here but maybe connected to this ?

Actually, the Armed Response unit and helicopter were up over Drogheda earlier at lunch time. I figured it was related to the on going gang problems here but maybe connected to this ?

Quite possibly as it's not far from where they found the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,596 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What can they do? Buying bleach isn't an offence.

What can they do? Buying bleach isn't an offence.

They might be able to tie DNA from the scene or the recovered van to him.

At the very least they could haul him in & try to rattle him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭1641

I thought it would die down for a while. Instead it escalates:

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/1029/1087326-quinn-industrial-holdings/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

1641 wrote: »
    I thought it would die down for a while. Instead it escalates:

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2019/1029/1087326-quinn-industrial-holdings/
    still not clear what they want think they are only abusing Quinn name

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

These ****ers only want money for themselves, and they are prepared to kill for it. It’s that simple.
    They haven’t got the skill or brains to fund the lifestyle they want so they will murder someone to get it.
    Stupid cowards is all they are. Hiding behind letters they won’t put their name to and silly posters, getting others to do their dirty work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It was a land issue coupled with a give the company back to Quinn thing. Madness. The Garda should be on this. They look to be letting it fester. The council workers fearful to take down signs is ridiculous. Get in neighboring workers, have Garda/Army do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement