Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think that’s all offices and stuff like that rather than a distribution centre.

I can't remember tbh, was over a year ago!

Are you going to just send back your own one as to you were unhappy with the reviews, or you going to have a tinker with it first?

I never looked it up any further but I doubt you can open them if you send them back like that. I’ll hopefully get it into the post tomorrow when I’m leaving work to get the money back as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

You have 14 days to return on online purchases, opened & started up or otherwise it doesn't matter.

Here's the relevant information you can't be arsed looking up:

https://support.google.com/store/answer/2411741?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=3244667

sentient_6 wrote: »
    You have 14 days to return on online purchases, opened & started up or otherwise it doesn't matter.

Here's the relevant information you can't be arsed looking up:

https://support.google.com/store/answer/2411741?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=3244667

Ah I don’t really mind I just want to get it back for the refund so I’ll send it straight away.My pixel 2 xl is holding up ok so I will wait for the next cycle. It was this, an iPhone 11 or wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Got my pixel 4xl 128gb today. Ordered direct from Google. Got it in a crazy breakfast cereal box with a little bag of breakfast cereal in it too :D
    Interestingly there was also a card with it saying I could claim my Chromebook between 14 and 45 days from purchase.

So far just been switching over from my pixel 2xl. It's thicker and heavier than that. Screen seems brighter, colours are a bit dull, real I guess but I'm more a fan of Samsung over real colours.

90hz screen is cool for scrolling, very happy with that.
    Gesture control is working for me well, no misses so far when I was playing with it.
    Face unlock is fast but not like the videos online, is about as fast as my iPhone XS is to unlock. Might rescan my face as it was the first thing I did when I turned on the phone.

BTW I needed to update a load of Google apps in play store before I got the latest version of them e.g. Pokémon backgrounds, recorder transcription.

Haven't played with the camera yet bar opening the app, it opens very fast.
    Oh it's the panda version I have btw.

Any questions fire away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

lafors wrote: »
    Got my pixel 4xl 128gb today. Ordered direct from Google. Got it in a crazy breakfast cereal box with a little bag of breakfast cereal in it too :D
    Interestingly there was also a card with it saying I could claim my Chromebook between 14 and 45 days from purchase.

So far just been switching over from my pixel 2xl. It's thicker and heavier than that. Screen seems brighter, colours are a bit dull, real I guess but I'm more a fan of Samsung over real colours.

Gesture control is working for me well, no misses so far when I was playing with it.
    Face unlock is fast but not like the videos online, is about as fast as my iPhone XS is to unlock. Might rescan my face as it was the first thing I did when I turned on the phone.

BTW I needed to update a load of Google apps in play store before I got the latest version of them e.g. Pokémon backgrounds, recorder transcription.

Any questions fire away

I'd be very interested to hear from you in a week or so once you start developing battery usage patterns to see how it holds up. Well wear BTW.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I'd be very interested to hear from you in a week or so once you start developing battery usage patterns to see how it holds up. Well wear BTW.

I've 2 pixel stands one at work one for nighttime then I also have wireless slots built into my car so I really shouldn't be having issues. I'll put up the screen shots though in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Any questions fire away

Did you order from the Irish store and get a free Chromebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,832 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

In the last video MKHB put up he said the Pixel agressivly pushes the screen below 90hz to save battery life and he found in his usage it was more often below 90hz than at 90hz. There is an option in the developer settings to force 90hz though but he said it tanks the battery life.

• Advertisement

Any questions fire away

When did you order and did you order off the Irish store?

They have my funds held since Sunday but nothing happening as of yet...

Fieldog wrote: »
    When did you order and did you order off the Irish store?

They have my funds held since Sunday but nothing happening as of yet...

Ordered from the Irish store on 15th Oct @ 16:30

Ordered from the Irish store on 15th Oct @ 16:30

Same as, I checked with bank, funds are taken, Google just hasn't given me a tracking number or anything yet, on chat to them at the moment

Mine arrived the same so there must be a glitch somewhere as I got the Home with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Any questions fire away

Chromebook or google home?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

I'm two years into my Pixel 2 XL and considering going for the 4 XL. My 2 XL was a pre-order so I paid full whack for it, I see a lot of the reviews mentioning that the Pixels get heavily reduced in price as soon as Black Friday. Is that US only, or were the 2 and 3 discounted here after release? (I never kept an eye on it once I had mine)
    Half considering a OnePlus 7T Pro also, the camera may seem like a downgrade though coming from the Pixel.

ldr wrote: »
    Chromebook or google home?

Got a free Google Home but also got a card in the cereal box saying I can claim a chromebook to be delivered to a UK address. We'll see what happens there.

Got a free Google Home but also got a card in the cereal box saying I can claim a chromebook to be delivered to a UK address. We'll see what happens there.

Parcel motel?

:)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Parcel motel?

:)

Might struggle. Google used to allow you to buy stuff through their UK store via PM, but that stopped working for me sometime last year.

I'm really on the fence about the Pixel 4. Have had my Note 9 for over a year, and still like it, but I never last more than a year on a phone. I was really looking forward to the Pixel, but now I'm wondering whether it would even be an upgrade. It just feels like I'd be changing to have something different.

That said, I doubt I'd regret it if I did buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Alan Smithee

Checked in a vodafone store today and they are still unsure if they are even stocking the pixel 4 saying they sell so few pixels it isn't worth their time. I hope this isn't true because with the Huawei google problems we could be faced with a scenario where samsung and apple are the only options with the carriers.

• Advertisement

Checked in a vodafone store today and they are still unsure if they are even stocking the pixel 4 saying they sell so few pixels it isn't worth their time. I hope this isn't true because with the Huawei google problems we could be faced with a scenario where samsung and apple are the only options with the carriers.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't offer it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I'd be very surprised if they didn't offer it tbh.

I called into the Vodafone shop in Drogheda today. They said they going to be stocking it. They're just waiting for Vodafone to release stock to them.

I'm the UK Vodafone are offering a free go Chrome book with early purchasers!
    I wish Vodafone Ireland would get their finger out.

1jcdub wrote: »
    I called into the Vodafone shop in Drogheda today. They said they going to be stocking it. They're just waiting for Vodafone to release stock to them.

That's something at least. I'd be hoping the upgrade price is tolerable, but I find Vodafone are more often than not more expensive, and the exclusivity of Pixel might not help matters. Still, it's at least an option.

That's something at least. I'd be hoping the upgrade price is tolerable, but I find Vodafone are more often than not more expensive, and the exclusivity of Pixel might not help matters. Still, it's at least an option.

It would be nice if they offered a free Chromebook like Vodafone UK! Vodafone Ireland know how to charge esp the upfront cost of the phone compared to the UK.
    If they don't release it for another month or so I'll hold off until the S11 is released. Although I'm not a huge Samsung fan with their preloaded apps, Facebook ect

1jcdub wrote: »
    It would be nice if they offered a free Chromebook like Vodafone UK! Vodafone Ireland know how to charge esp the upfront cost of the phone compared to the UK.
    If they don't release it for another month or so I'll hold off until the S11 is released. Although I'm not a huge Samsung fan with their preloaded apps, Facebook ect

After coming off a Galaxy S9+ to the Pixel I don't think I could actually go back to Samsung, the bloat would annoy me.

I'd be hoping we see it appear today though there's every chance it won't too. Might give my buddy a shout and see if he knows anything.

After coming off a Galaxy S9+ to the Pixel I don't think I could actually go back to Samsung, the bloat would annoy me.

I'd be hoping we see it appear today though there's every chance it won't too. Might give my buddy a shout and see if he knows anything.
    If you hear anything let us know..

I think the whole bloat thing on Samsung is completely overstated. They generally only add apps that serve a function, which you can easily disable, and they have no noticeable impact on performance.

The real crime is carrier bloat, which is always stuff you don't need.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I think the whole bloat thing on Samsung is completely overstated. They generally only add apps that serve a function, which you can easily disable, and they have no noticeable impact on performance.

Exactly. I think a lot of people have always heard about bloat on Samsungs on US podcasts, etc and go with that line whenever the brand is mentioned. There's very little that can't be disabled or hidden in about 30 seconds after first setup. You could put three times the apps on a Galaxy S device and it would still perform perfectly.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »

My experience with Vodafone is they're is very little or no bloat at all.
    Samsung duplicate Google apps. You can't delete them the only thing you can do is disable them. Regarding Facebook being preloaded on Samsung divides. With that being disabled it still uses data from your phone

Advertisement