Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Anyone know how long delivery's take from Google store ? Doesn't seem to give me an estimated delivery when looking at page.

Also there's no worries with being hit by extra tax on delivery when buying from Google store ? I'm thinking like you hear when some people buy from China.

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long delivery's take from Google store ? Doesn't seem to give me an estimated delivery when looking at page.

Also there's no worries with being hit by extra tax on delivery when buying from Google store ? I'm thinking like you hear when some people buy from China.

Not sure on delivery as it depends on stock of the specific one you want, but there’s no hidden taxes.

I’d look at a good few reviews before spending on a 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

The XL would be the one to go for esp for the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

There is a big price difference between the 3a which can now be got for €180 and the 4. 3a battery is much better.
    Are the additional features in the 4 worth the extra?

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    There is a big price difference between the 3a which can now be got for €180 and the 4. 3a battery is much better.
    Are the additional features in the 4 worth the extra?

The 4 will be better in every aspect apart from battery. Unfortunately the battery in both 4’s render them a waste of money though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Any pixel 4 owners happy with the phone? Battery seems to be biggest concern?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I'm happy with my 4XL. Battery life isn't fantastic but it's not terrible either. I still haven't come close to it not lasting a full day.

I'm happy with my 4XL. Battery life isn't fantastic but it's not terrible either. I still haven't come close to it not lasting a full day.

Thanks I'm looking at a pixel 4. I use mine in the car at least 1.5 hours day on my commute so it will be charging that time on Android auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭914

Any pixel 4 owners here? How have you found the battery. It seems to get woeful reviews pretty much everwhere online and want to know is it really that bad?

I had it for 2 weeks when they came out first (XL) and even brand new it was very bad. Sent it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I'm not finding it that bad, seems to have improved incrementally with each update. I had a Note 10 Plus before the 4 XL and I'd rate them about equal. I'm a heavy user and need a slight top up most days with any phone I've ever had but on weekends I easily get a full day.

Just comparing my current phone which is coming up on three years old and when released it had a battery endurance rating of 72 hours or 55hours as always on.

I have the display set to always on and I see the pixel 4 has an endurence of 62hours.

Based on that its in and around what I am use too. I was always getting over a day out of my current phone but seen as its almost three years old now I get shy of a day.

I'm not finding it that bad, seems to have improved incrementally with each update. I had a Note 10 Plus before the 4 XL and I'd rate them about equal. I'm a heavy user and need a slight top up most days with any phone I've ever had but on weekends I easily get a full day.

Thanks its the 4 I am looking at and not the XL as I prefer a smaller size phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The phone is now discontinued.
    SlashGear: Pixel 4 and 4 XL discontinued as Google pulls plug early.
    https://www.slashgear.com/google-pixel-4-discontinued-pixel-5-2020-release-gap-06632341/

For me, personally, it's between the Pixel 5 and the Sony Xperia 5 mark 2, neither of which are announced yet never mind specced and priced.

Was contemplating waiting for the 5. Might as well now. Was waiting for the 4a but not a huge improvement on the 3a which isn't a bad thing.

Sure I'll wait and see what the 5 has to offer

Mr.S wrote: »
    A bit unfair to compare though, no? 4A is a budget phone, 5 will be Flagship and double the price.

Apparently pixel 5 not using flagship processor

Apparently pixel 5 not using flagship processor

There’s a lot more to it that than though. Google’s own processor for the camera etc, better screen, more camera lenses, and whatever extra they come up with. Won’t all be down to which snapdragon they use.

There’s a lot more to it that than though. Google’s own processor for the camera etc, better screen, more camera lenses, and whatever extra they come up with. Won’t all be down to which snapdragon they use.

As a pixel 4 owner I'm very happy with the phone. Battery is fine but they could have stuck in a bigger one to make it the ideal package

Mr.S wrote: »
    A bit unfair to compare though, no? 4A is a budget phone, 5 will be Flagship and double the price.

I'm not comparing them just waiting to see what the 5 has to offer and if it tickles my fancy I might opt for it over the 4a and if not I'll save a few pound and go for the 4a

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Finally got to test out the astrophotography mode.

• Advertisement

Finally got to test out the astrophotography mode.

That's pretty cool!

Advertisement