Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Lack of fingerprint scanner and size of the battery putting me off what I was hoping was my next phone

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Supposed to be available on Vodafone on the 24th. There might be a possibility to pre-order before then. I'm going to order the 4XL in white

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

1jcdub wrote: »
    Supposed to be available on Vodafone on the 24th. There might be a possibility to pre-order before then. I'm going to order the 4XL in white

Where are you seeing this as a matter of interest?

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this as a matter of interest?

I called Vodafone customer care. And the girl checked with the upgrade team who confirmed they'll be stocking it

I called Vodafone customer care. And the girl checked with the upgrade team who confirmed they'll be stocking it

Thanks, I asked them on twitter and they were able to tell me it wasn't released yet. Must keep an eye out for the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Pixel 4 looks like it's from 2010, WTF.
    Huge double chin, no wide angle, and no 4k recording, plus crap storage. Total fail. And colours are rotten.
    Looks like a cheap phone, not a flagship.

Would agree, also the battery for the 4 is smaller than the 3, what the hell.

Fieldog wrote: »
    759 standard model or 899 for the XL

I went for the XL for once!

I'm looking forward to seeing what your experience is when you get it through it's paces.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Thanks, I asked them on twitter and they were able to tell me it wasn't released yet. Must keep an eye out for the price

I got the same reply on Twitter.
    It'll be interesting to see what Vodafone will ask for the phone on a €60 a month plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

759 standard model or 899 for the XL

I went for the XL for once!

Also, curious to see how someone used to the normal size fares with the XL. Had the OG Pixel and currently have the Pixel 3. Always thought this size was more than enough for one handed use and portability but lately the bigger screen of a larger phone is appealing more for some reason.

I got the same reply on Twitter.
    It'll be interesting to see what Vodafone will ask for the phone on a €60 a month plan!

I'd say a decent guide would be the price of the iPhone 11, and a few quid on top.

• Advertisement

henke wrote: »
    Also, curious to see how someone used to the normal size fares with the XL. Had the OG Pixel and currently have the Pixel 3. Always thought this size was more than enough for one handed use and portability but lately the bigger screen of a larger phone is appealing more for some reason.

If you wanted to get a guideline, it's almost 1:1 with the 3aXL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My current phone is a P2, before I had a Nexus 5, was same size AFAIK

Interested to see myself, as I normally prefer smaller phone but was feeling flush on launch day and opted for it, should have it Monday or Tuesday all going well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

See below mate:

https://phonesized.com/compare/#678,911,1109,1329

sYScnea8Ra6lM0EDJEvO7Q.png

My own fault for not acting quicker but I was strongly contemplating cancelling my order after watching the reviews today. Had all but decided to do it having watched the last one about 7pm but said I’d sleep on it, and lo and behold the damned thing dispatched about 5 minutes ago. Can it just go back unopened for a refund does anyone know? That’s about a week early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

My own fault for not acting quicker but I was strongly contemplating cancelling my order after watching the reviews today (had all but decided to do it), and lo and behold the damned thing dispatched about 5 minutes ago. Can it just go back unopened for a refund does anyone know? That’s about a week early.

Where did you order

Where did you order

IE Google store. I wonder if they’re being dispatched early all over because they’re being pretty much slated?

IE Google store. I wonder if they’re being dispatched early all over because they’re being pretty much slated?

Which model is it? Memory colour etc.. I might buy it from t if you in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Alan Smithee

Due an upgrade and despite the lukewarm reception amonght reviewers this phone does interest me.
    Any idea if any of the mobile carriers are going to sell this phone? Vodafone usually sells the pixelbut while the uk have it listed nothing from the irish branch.

Going from a Pixel 2 to a P4XL myself, have had the P2 for 2 years now and for once I can afford the upgrade, so I am, no notification of my despatch yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

No fingerprint scanner is a big no from me, My Pixel 2 lives on!

• Advertisement

Due an upgrade and despite the lukewarm reception amonght reviewers this phone does interest me.
    Any idea if any of the mobile carriers are going to sell this phone? Vodafone usually sells the pixelbut while the uk have it listed nothing from the irish branch.

Vodafone Ireland will be stocking it. It's suppose to be available from the 24th. I was told to keep an eye on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Word of warning buying with Vodafone
    If anything happens your phone during warranty Vodafone will need to take your phone, inspect, repair, try and find you a refurb or maybe stretch to a new phone
    The process which takes 7-10 days VS buying through Google

Where if anything happens, and your phone needs to be repaired, they will send you a new one so you wont be without one- Any price discount they are offering is not worth the hassle if you encounter problems!

Good review of the pixel 4
    https://youtu.be/W6wuPyR4VC4

Which model is it? Memory colour etc.. I might buy it from t if you in Dublin

I’m not, but I seem to be able to return it anyway. Would be cleaner with returning the free Home also.

Good review of the pixel 4
    https://youtu.be/W6wuPyR4VC4

That was the only mildly positive one and you still get the sense that he’s trying a bit too hard to forget the shortcomings. The MKBHD review posted last night has made up my mind for definite.

id say if you haven't had a pixel 3 then the 4 would be a good buy... i think its incremental update over the 3.. so you are getting a better screen.. slightly better camera the face unlock... but that's it.. so probably a 10 to 15 percent upgrade over the pixel 3/3a in terms of overall package... some say slightly worse battery... its probably a 50 to 60 % upgrade over a pixel 2..

Anyone get any shipping notification as of yet?

Mine has been held since Sunday and pending on my online banking, no sign of anything coming through...

Anyone get any shipping notification as of yet?

Mine has been held since Sunday and pending on my online banking, no sign of anything coming through...

I just got a text to say it’s leaving Heathrow and arriving tomorrow, so it will be two days once you get one.

I just got a text to say it’s leaving Heathrow and arriving tomorrow, so it will be two days once you get one.

Do they not ship from Barrow Street?

Pretty sure my replacement came from there a while ago...

• Advertisement

Do they not ship from Barrow Street?

Pretty sure my replacement came from there a while ago...

I think that’s all offices and stuff like that rather than a distribution centre.

Advertisement