Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone else going to upgrade to this one?

I'm getting rid of the P2 and upgrading to this when the time comes, it's going to be good I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone else going to upgrade to this one?

I'm getting rid of the P2 and upgrading to this when the time comes, it's going to be good I reckon...

I think i'm going to be all in on this, price dependant of course. I'm predicting €849 maybe, but i'm also thinking that Google might try under the €800 mark to steal a bit of Apple's thunder. Of course going all in is assuming that there isn't a massive jump to go with 128gb- I don't feel like 64gb is good enough for entry level with no expandable storage anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Currently on a rooted one plus 5 and looking at getting this. Not on contract but if the price of a small house that may put me of it.

Would like great camera and updates and little bloat ware so will see what reviews it gets when it comes out.

I'm never normally one for the XL model usually but will see what prices it is going for and do the maths and see which is worth getting...

I have a buyer for P2 anyway so that will soften the blow... :)

I'm never normally one for the XL model usually but will see what prices it is going for and do the maths and see which is worth getting...

I have a buyer for P2 anyway so that will soften the blow... :)

I'm on the lookout for a P2XL currently myself, want to test the waters first and that's the best entry point. Yeah I know, crazy to throw dollars at it but I'll pass it along to the auld fella when the P4 comes.

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I'm on the lookout for a P2XL currently myself, want to test the waters first and that's the best entry point. Yeah I know, crazy to throw dollars at it but I'll pass it along to the auld fella when the P4 comes.

Decided out of necessity (S9+ is, to put it technically, f***ed) to get a 3a XL today. Going to go grab it shortly. Hopefully I can manage with the limited storage for a month or six weeks, and hopefully it holds a bit of resale value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I might look at this meself if the price is right.
    I've been a HTC fan for years but they've gone quiet since Google borrowed all their phone engineers, so I'm thinking this might be the next best thing. Really depends on price though. Otherwise I'll keep what I have!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭opus

Seems elara accidentally posted the prices online.

Irish retailer leaks Pixel 4 & 4 XL colors and unreliable prices, Nest Mini

€820 for the base 64Gb Pixel 4 & €1126 for the 128Gb Pixel 4XL.

opus wrote: »
    Seems elara accidentally posted the prices online.

Irish retailer leaks Pixel 4 & 4 XL colors and unreliable prices, Nest Mini

€820 for the base 64Gb Pixel 4 & €1126 for the 128Gb Pixel 4XL.

Those prices seem more like placeholders for me, especially after the 3a/XL being 1:1 with the American store. I'm hoping for a €799/€999 price point, although i'd imagine it could also be a €899/€1099 scenario. I do feel that they will try and keep it closer to the lower end, given how much better the 3a variants went over the higher end versions.

EDIT- I'd expect the current lines to be kept too, possibly with a price drop of some sort. I'd be thinking that they will try and put Stadia in as many hands as possible. May even see a bundle of sorts with a Pixel/Chromecast.

• Advertisement

The base model is supposedly going to be 800 and will be announced Monday, also they are apparently working on a 5G model to come out a few weeks after the standard model launches...

I'm not so interested in the 5G, maybe save that for Pixel 5 or 6 :)

The base model is supposedly going to be 800 and will be announced Monday, also they are apparently working on a 5G model to come out a few weeks after the standard model launches...

I'm not so interested in the 5G, maybe save that for Pixel 5 or 6 :)

Seeing that price being touted too, and having used the 64gb 3a for the last few weeks I think i'd be okay with it. That said, I think i'll still go for the bigger storage as long as it's not a massive difference. I also have zero interest in 5G currently, so that being announced or not has no bearing for me.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Seeing that price being touted too, and having used the 64gb 3a for the last few weeks I think i'd be okay with it. That said, I think i'll still go for the bigger storage as long as it's not a massive difference. I also have zero interest in 5G currently, so that being announced or not has no bearing for me.

Just checked my Pixel 2 there, I've 35GB free on a 64gb model so I may even go XL this time if it's not too mental a difference in the pricing...

Will probably pull the trigger as it's announced tomorrow...

Just checked my Pixel 2 there, I've 35GB free on a 64gb model so I may even go XL this time if it's not too mental a difference in the pricing...

Will probably pull the trigger as it's announced tomorrow...

The recent price leaks from Best Buy Canada are..... Interesting. But the usage video I saw on reddit earlier is encouraging. I'm in a holding pattern and will possibly sit until Black Friday and the inevitable price drop.

759 standard model or 899 for the XL

I went for the XL for once!

759 standard model or 899 for the XL

I went for the XL for once!

I have an upgrade from Vodafone so I'm going to wait and see what the network offer is before plunging, but it will be the XL 64gb for me I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

£669 from the UK store AND they throw in a free chromebook.

Bastards!

Couldn’t be bothered waiting for the pink one so ordered the White XL 64GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Shlippery wrote: »
    £669 from the UK store AND they throw in a free chromebook.

Bastards!

Could order it from Carphone warehouse in Newry if not too far of a drive.

EDIT:- probably won't work as they need a UK address to ship the chromebook too. Nice deal for them, slap in the face for everybody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

The Pixel 3 base model launched at €899 last year. That is quite the drop for P4 launch.

• Advertisement

.G. wrote: »
    Could order it from Carphone warehouse in Newry if not too far of a drive.

EDIT:- probably won't work as they need a UK address to ship the chromebook too. Nice deal for them, slap in the face for everybody else.

Not even worth risking an order to Parcel Wizard either as the ship date is 30th of October and we still don’t know if Parcel Wizard or Motel will be able to operate after the 31st.

Not even worth risking an order to Parcel Wizard either as the ship date is 30th of October and we still don’t know if Parcel Wizard or Motel will be able to operate after the 31st.

669UK is 770 so slightly more expensive but the chrome book would have been nice!

No one knows what will happen down the line after the 31st you are bang on...

I bought the P2 up in Newry a week or two after release and it wasn't on the store or was out of stock, I can't remember tbh

I think on the IE store we get a Google home, most likely will flog that cheap as I have a mini and I rarely use it to be honest, got the cover also...

Yes it’s a home we get. I’ll replace a mini in one of the rooms with it and give my parents the small one.

Yes it’s a home we get. I’ll replace a mini in one of the rooms with it and give my parents the small one.

I have a Google home mini, I don't use it that much if I'm honest, is the same yoke just slightly better?

I have a Google home mini, I don't use it that much if I'm honest, is the same yoke just slightly better?

Better speaker I think. I can’t really see the point of the ones without the screen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I see the Pixel 3 is heavily discounted in the US now.

Still original price in the Irish store (which makes it more expensive than the bloody Pixel 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,721 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pixel 4 looks like it's from 2010, WTF.
    Huge double chin, no wide angle, and no 4k recording, plus crap storage. Total fail. And colours are rotten.
    Looks like a cheap phone, not a flagship.

Huge double chin, no wide angle, and no 4k recording, plus crap storage. Total fail. And colours are rotten.

So you've preordered, or what?

It's okay Toby, you don't actually have to buy it if you do not want to, I bought it, because I wanted to...

I must go to the Apple thread when the next iPhone is announced and throw them some shade if I don't like their latest phone... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

If a 4a XL comes out with the same specs but lesser CPU and no SOLI, I'll be interested. I'm using a Pixel 2XL and right now, it does everything I need. I do miss the wireless charging that came with my old Mi Mix 2S but other than that, this phone was a no brainer (€269 off eBay, brand new).

Advertisement