Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PantlessNoodle

physioman wrote: »
    I'll ask Rachel for you...But in all seriousness they ask for your eircode signing up but apparently don't give an post your eircode. ( well this is what michelle told me)So could go missing.
    Ah sure look, i contacted them again and now they've told me that it was only dispatched today so i don't think they even know what they're doing ha, good job its only a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

baldbear wrote: »
    My order says in progress online since last week the 17th. Is this the norm?

Yes. Ordered on the 15th and got it the 22nd.

Have patience (unlike physioman) it will arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 darrent065

Ah sure look, i contacted them again and now they've told me that it was only dispatched today so i don't think they even know what they're doing ha, good job its only a tenner

they cant even tell me if mine was dispatched lol. ordered last Wednesday 10am.

darrent065 wrote: »
    Feels like they just copy and paste in the chat anyway and do whatever they can to move you on, the deal is great but there support is flaky to say the least. I guess once you're up and running it will be all good.... i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The same time as me and im up and running since yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I'll ask Rachel for you...But in all seriousness they ask for your eircode signing up but apparently don't give an post your eircode. ( well this is what michelle told me)So could go missing.

You do realise that An Post don't use Eircodes? They have their own system of routing post. Hence the 'white elephant' arguments re Eircode. Though in fairness, Eircode is useful to the state as it can help identify residential property. Forget the ambulance & delivery stuff and think of it as a national identity card for buildings/ addresses and it makes more sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Pacifico wrote: »
    Yes. Ordered on the 15th and got it the 22nd.

Have patience (unlike physioman) it will arrive!

Its not about the delay its about the honesty of the agents and it seems I'm not the only one it has happened to.

Feels like they just copy and paste in the chat anyway and do whatever they can to move you on, the deal is great but there support is flaky to say the least. I guess once you're up and running it will be all good.... i hope

They are a joke but the €9.99 is a good deal until they up the price down the line and pull the whole "€9.99 for life" isn't the customers life but the plans life and put us up to €29.99pm haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

Have since logged into my Eir Account and my accout is no longer active (30 day Sim Only Plan)

Amount Owed €0.00.

My Rental period was up until 25/10/19 so fell nice in cancelling and porting for me as you pay in advance.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    You do realise that An Post don't use Eircodes? They have their own system of routing post. Hence the 'white elephant' arguments re Eircode. Though in fairness, Eircode is useful to the state as it can help identify residential property. Forget the ambulance & delivery stuff and think of it as a national identity card for buildings/ addresses and it makes more sense :)

I use eircodes all the time with my work and they are excellent. Don't see the issue with them

• Advertisement

They are a joke but the €9.99 is a good deal until they up the price down the line and pull the whole "€9.99 for life" isn't the customers life but the plans life and put us up to €29.99pm haha
    yeah true but i'll ride the wave while i can then i'll just cancel the direct debit, i have the three 20 euro a month topup currently, i got this sim to throw it in to a sim card router and have some sort of house internet instead of hot spotting from my phone.

Its not about the delay its about the honesty of the agents and it seems I'm not the only one it has happened to.

happening to me since last Wednesday i ordered 10am and wife ordered 12 hours later she has hers and all set up no problems. both parents ordered 36 hours after me and came today. I dont complain but they taking the pi** abit and cant answer simple questions and copy and paste replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Look, you knew a good deal when you saw it, that's why you signed up.

Then when it didn't happen fast enough for you, you threw the rattler out of the pram.

Now all you want to do is bad mouth it here.

You are not part of it anymore, accept it & move on.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Sims seem to be dispatched through Exertis Ireland in Ballymount for some reason also.

Look, you new a good deal when you saw it, that's why you signed up.

Then when it didn't happen fast enough for you, you threw the rattler out of the pram.

Now all you want to do is bad mouth it here.

You are not part of it anymore, accept it & move on.

I'm entitled to my opinion like everyone else. I'm sharing my experience and if could be bothered reading the last few posts you'll see there are others in the same boat as me. So no I won't move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I was talking to my postman and he said that they are flat out delivering Gomo sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I've tried everything and I'm still getting awful 4G speeds. All settings are correct on my phone and there's a mast right across from my building in work and still only getting 0.10Mbps download speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I ordered on Sun night and I have a phone number, PIN etc now showing in my control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

And then customers move to another plan/provider..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

TheDriver wrote: »
    I ordered on Sun night and I have a phone number, PIN etc now showing in my control panel.

Same here but no SIM in my hand! An Post did try to deliver this morning apparently! Rang my buzzer, I said hello twice and nobody answered back? I then leave for work a short while later and discover an attempted delivery docket in my post box!! Fonthill/Lucan is miles away from me and I have no car so rang An Post to complain and with luck will have it in my hand tomorrow at work, no more messing with attempted deliveries!

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Worked fine on the new gomo number for last few days.
    Ported over to my own number this morning.

Now I can't send messages, I get the following text from sender ION MOBILE:

"You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date...."

When I try to make a call I get the following:
    "You are currently barred from making outgoing calls. Please contact customer care for further information."

Sent a message to customer care, fingers crossed a human sees it soon.

Am I missing something obvious?
    It shows five bars for Gomo.
    Turned it off and on again.
    It's the mothers phone and she's not too impressed with me now. :)

UPDATE
    Ok, just off a live chat, hopefully just a little bump in the road:

xxxxxxxx [4:21:12 PM]
    "It just needs to fully activate after the port, once 24 hours is up, you can ignore that message and it will go back to normal"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

minikin wrote: »
    Worked fine on the new gomo number for last few days.
    Ported over to my own number this morning.

Now I can't send messages, I get the following text from sender ION MOBILE:

"You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date...."

When I try to make a call I get the following:
    "You are currently barred from making outgoing calls. Please contact customer care for further information."

Sent a message to customer care, fingers crossed a human sees it soon.

Am I missing something obvious?
    It shows five bars for Gomo.
    Turned it off and on again.
    It's the mothers phone and she's not too impressed with me now. :)

My girlfriend ported her number today and is getting the exact same error.

Receives texts fine but cant send or make calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

joe123 wrote: »
    My girlfriend ported her number today and is getting the exact same error.

Receives texts fine but cant send or make calls.

My brother had that... waited a couple of days and it fixed itself. I believe it is due to the amount of ports & they are taking a bit longer to go through... effecting different people in different ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Got sim and i ported yesterday. Couldnt make calls or send sms. Mobile data worked fine. I could receive calls and sms no problem. All working this morning :)
    Happy customer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

I've been on to them several times all week and up until now have been accepting of their behaviour. But to be told on Monday by Rachel that it is dispatched and I will have it yesterday. Then being told yesterday by Michelle that it was delivered and it clearly wasn't. Then to be told today that it may not have been dispatched?
    I am nice to good honest people but when you are being told lies it certainly frustrates me.
    Look I've cancelled now, I may have been unlucky but I'm justified in the manner of my conversation.

For what it's worth @physioman I don't think you fully deserve the 'bad press' you have received here.

Look at it this way, a company sets up after doing its market research so it should have been somewhat prepared and hence fore armed for what it envisaged to be the influx of new customers. If, as it appears, it is so far off the mark in this, then it had no business to start trading until it was better set-up. However mistakes happen, not the customers fault though.

Now, when you sign up, you as the customer are relieved IMMEDIATELY of your money under the pretext that you will receive the product you paid for in (this case) two days. This does not happen.
    You allow more time to elapse, still nothing, so you contact the company and are told your product has been dispatched and will be with you soon.
    You allow even more time to elapse, still nothing and remember all this time the company has your money, so you contact the company again.
    This time you are told something different, that totally contradicts what you were previously told. Now at this stage we can be sure that at least one of the reps. are mistaken/lying to you, the customer.
    This is not acceptable in any shape or form.

BTW. I see no abuse or offensive replies in the chat transcript but rather an assertive and (rightly so) annoyed customer who has held his side of the contract by paying in full for a product that he has not received.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Speed test side by side in Rush:

Vodafone Down 1.39 Up 0.77 48ms
    -106dBm 18asu

GoMo Down 8.2 Up 1.73 26ms
    -93dBM 27asu

GoMo was better than I expected :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Got the SIM card in the post Monday. Ported Tuesday. All good but I have a dual sim phone so I have a backup in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Or possibly it's 4G for life? Eventually once 5G, etc. start rolling out and new price plans too then, over time, this deal will look less attractive.

I queried them on Friday about 5g and only got a response this morning, not within 24hrs like they advertise.
    Buts its great news if true.

Me: Hi, im really interested in switching to Gomo as it seems like fantastic value.
    Can you tell me please will 5G be available on Gomo when its rolled out next year?
    Thanks

Gomo: Hey!

Yes it will be!

Kind Regards,

GoMo Customer Care

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

damien wrote: »
    Sorry, tried to edit this into original post: They have a sneaky activation fee of €9.99 too. So first month is actually €19.98

My reading of it is that the first month is pro-rata to the number of days its activated plus the activation charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

lolie wrote: »
    I queried them on Friday about 5g and only got a response this morning, not within 24hrs like they advertise.
    Buts its great news if true.

Me: Hi, im really interested in switching to Gomo as it seems like fantastic value.
    Can you tell me please will 5G be available on Gomo when its rolled out next year?
    Thanks

Gomo: Hey!

Yes it will be!

Kind Regards,

GoMo Customer Care

This deal is looking better by the minute. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement