Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 darrent065

I ordered Last Wednesday at 10am still no sign of it and no tracking number. Contacted them numerous times all i have got is 2-3 days delivery time, after that they said up to 5 days now they telling me 5-7 days delivery time. They are a bit of a joke to be honest no support what so ever and cannot tell me if sim is sent or not. My wife ordered hers same day as me but at 9pm and guess what it was delivered this morning. Also both parents ordered on Thursday evening around 9pm and they have numbers assigned to their accounts and will be with them tomorrow. I'm first to order out of the 4 of us and last to get anything lol pure joke. Equality and all that jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,374 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

darrent065 wrote: »
    I ordered Last Wednesday at 10am still no sign of it and no tracking number. Contacted them numerous times all i have got is 2-3 days delivery time, after that they said up to 5 days now they telling me 5-7 days delivery time. They are a bit of a joke to be honest no support what so ever and cannot tell me if sim is sent or not. My wife ordered hers same day as me but at 9pm and guess what it was delivered this morning. Also both parents ordered on Thursday evening around 9pm also and they have numbers assigned to their accounts and will be with them tomorrow. I'm first to order out of the 4 of us and last to get anything lol pure joke. Equality and all that jazz.

The complainer is always left till last :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

looks that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,907 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Where the feck are people seeing the option to change port times in their accounts? Need to change mine now because the sim never arrived...

Thargor wrote: »
    Where the feck are people seeing the option to change port times in their accounts? Need to change mine now because the sim never arrived...

You can only do it when the sim arrives

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,843 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Account Details -> Move My Number

https://my.gomo.ie/portIn
    You can only do it when the sim arrives
    I was able to change it before it arrived, but it was not long after despatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,521 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Article on GoMo and its sister company Iliad in Italy - https://www.telecomtv.com/content/mobile/ireland-starting-to-feel-the-niel-effect-36667/
    In Italy Iliad launched into a market covering a population of around 60 million, that had recently stabilised after a period of price aggression, with a plan costing just €5.99 per month. It signed up 635,000 customers in the period between its 29 May launch and the end of financial Q2 – thus about a week for 100,000 customers is a reasonable assumption – and reached the 1 million mark within 50 days; it now has 4 million customers and has captured 4.7% of the market, again excluding M2M, regulator Agcom reports. Its €5.99 offer has disappeared, but its 50 GB plan costs just €7.99 per month.

It is a stretch to suggest that GoMo will have as dramatic an impact in Ireland. The population is significantly smaller at under 5 million and while GoMo is offering a cheaper plan than those currently on the market, €9.99 is a more measured price level. However, it is a highly attractive plan that will find strong favour and will doubtless trigger a response from the rest of the market.

Ireland is getting the Niel treatment and there's not a lot its existing telcos can do about it.

darrent065 wrote: »
    looks that way.

You know I was only winding you up...

You will get sorted & you will be delighted.

Talk is that signup was massive & they're under pressure, so if they don't dispatch in order it's not the end of the world really?

You know I was only winding you up...

You will get sorted & you will be delighted.

Talk is that signup was massive & they're under pressure, so if they don't dispatch in order it's not the end of the world really?

I know just want to get sorted heading out of country in couple weeks dont wanna be stuck with issues lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Registered my daughters number (porting her from Vodafone X deal now that spotify is no longer available for free) for this under my own name etc on Wednesday evening last. All went through or seemed to. This morning when i check on the gomo.ie - under account details / My Phone Number, there's what appears to be a new 085 number listed.

Anyone know if they have to generate one prior to porting an 087 number over?
    That's normal, the 085 number was on my account until the port went through, then it changed to my daughters 089 number.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

The Cush wrote: »
    Article on GoMo and its sister company Iliad in Italy - https://www.telecomtv.com/content/mobile/ireland-starting-to-feel-the-niel-effect-36667/
    Quote:
    In Italy Iliad launched into a market covering a population of around 60 million, that had recently stabilised after a period of price aggression, with a plan costing just €5.99 per month. It signed up 635,000 customers in the period between its 29 May launch and the end of financial Q2 – thus about a week for 100,000 customers is a reasonable assumption – and reached the 1 million mark within 50 days; it now has 4 million customers and has captured 4.7% of the market, again excluding M2M, regulator Agcom reports. Its €5.99 offer has disappeared, but its 50 GB plan costs just €7.99 per month.

It is a stretch to suggest that GoMo will have as dramatic an impact in Ireland. The population is significantly smaller at under 5 million and while GoMo is offering a cheaper plan than those currently on the market, €9.99 is a more measured price level. However, it is a highly attractive plan that will find strong favour and will doubtless trigger a response from the rest of the market.

Ireland is getting the Niel treatment and there's not a lot its existing telcos can do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

JohnCleary wrote:
    I can confirm I was charged 9.99 on my card for the first month.

Are we sure the 9.99 activation fee covers the first month as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

You need to be careful. Just spoke with GOMO, your billing period starts when you order the SIM not when you receive it and put it in your phone. If the SIM does not arrive for 10 working (14 normal days) then the first month you only get 16 days service for €9.99

Are we sure the 9.99 activation fee covers the first month as well ?

As far as i am aware thats only account activation fee and billing starts from 1st of every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone else get their voicemail issue sorted? Mine says my number is not a valid number in voicemail. Contacted them via mail but no reply yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭amacca

how do you know if you are within the first 100,000 to sign up

is there a counter somewhere?

irishchris wrote: »
    Anyone else get their voicemail issue sorted? Mine says my number is not a valid number in voicemail. Contacted them via mail but no reply yet

They are aware of the issue and are working on it according to an earlier poster. Hoping to resolve in the next 24hrs

amacca wrote: »
    how do you know if you are within the first 100,000 to sign up

is there a counter somewhere?

I don't think anyone has the answer to that yet.

I'd imagine though that once your signup was accepted & you were charged while the free for life was actively displayed on their site you would think you were within the 100,000.

It's a very large number for a relatively small population.

At 138 pages & over 2,000 posts here alone suggests there is keen interest in the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

At 138 pages & over 2,000 posts here alone suggests there is keen interest in the offer?

Ah I'll think you'll find millennials don't know what research is and gomo don't do customer care very well. Hence all the posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ten Pin wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/today-with-sean-o-rourke/podcasts/

Nothing new really, the only potential catch mentioned was the reputation eir have for poor customer service.

Separately, IMO, might be better to get the gomo SIM and try it out for a week/10 days before porting your current number.

There is no obligation to port your number to get the offer so let the dust settle first and port after you're sure it's all working.

Yeah, no catches there except confirming the horror of eir support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Ah I'll think you'll find millennials don't know what research is and gomo don't do customer care very well. Hence all the posts.

This, the amount of questions asked here that are answered by a quick Google or a check of the FAQ is staggering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bromley52

Log into your account and even before your SIM arrives if you have a number assigned you can change the port date.

Basq wrote: »
    Account Details -> Move My Number

https://my.gomo.ie/portIn

I was able to change it before it arrived, but it was not long after despatch.

Just gives an error message saying This Action is Unavailable Until Your Service is Activated.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Log into your account and even before your SIM arrives if you have a number assigned you can change the port date.

Okay thanks, no number assigned yet either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Getting absolutely atrocious download speeds. 0.12 download with 25Mb upload.

Probably on the edge of eir's 4g? Or contention in your area?

I thought it was the edge of a 4g eir area for me but after 9pm at night or so till about 7am my 4g is up to ~24mbps d/l, during the day at home it's barely hitting 1mbps d/l

It's no problem for me as H+ is more than enough even if I needed it at home. (~10mbps)
    Out and about, 4G is fine for me so far which is where I need it.

PS My call quality has hugely improved over VF's believe it or not - no dropped calls (constant in my home) and as I say way better call clarity

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My second SIM arrived today (first one on Friday) which was as expected. Was with eir anyway on the same plan/price point but this will cover me "for life" and an extra one for the little fella so saving credit there too.

First one staying with the provided 085 - tested, all ok

Second one I ported my own number over within 10 mins - tested, all ok

Happy customer here anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

.. actually voicemail isn't working on the second (ported) one, but it's only been a few minutes so I'll leave it till the morning and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Shane_ef wrote: »
    This, the amount of questions asked here that are answered by a quick Google or a check of the FAQ is staggering

but there's no FAQ on their website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Thargor wrote:
    Just gives an error message saying This Action is Unavailable Until Your Service is Activated.

You'll have to wait until a number is assigned to you to change your porting date

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement