Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park WW ROLE MADNESS - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Catching up here, just wanna check this is right:

Desmond has the ability to give another player a peek at someone's alignment. Desmond has given that peek to Derry and Derry is to use it on Lucy?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Well the silence here isn't good. Hope discussion does not just dry up if Derry's gone.

We do need the quieter players to get posting. They should also remember there is a 5 post limit per day and that they self vote if they fail to meet that. There are still posters with less than 5 posts since Saturday

Problem is that the Lucy alignment will influence discussions.

Whether Lucy is good or bad, there are likely wolves in the no lynch wagon, so Barbara / Regan / Ewan / Oisin / Conor / Phil / Liam / Lucy (parked til we get news back)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    On that, say I dont vote tonite, is it a self vote for me tonite or is it no vote tonite and then a self vote tomorrow nite?

Could be wrong but you don't vote = you self voting. a no vote is you voting but voting for no lynch.

No lynch at this stage is more sus though as you should have some leans by now even if you aren't sure on anyone

Actually, I'd park Liam as he might be poisoned tonight, which leaves:

Barbara / Regan / Ewan / Oisin / Conor / Phil

I'm going to be a bit up the walls this afternoon but I'll likely be voting in there somewhere tonight, depending on how lucy's alignment peek comes back.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Problem is that the Lucy alignment will influence discussions.

Whether Lucy is good or bad, there are likely wolves in the no lynch wagon, so Barbara / Regan / Ewan / Oisin / Conor / Phil / Liam / Lucy (parked til we get news back)

Can't speak for any of the others here, my no lynch vote was just being cautious, perhaps overly so. It seemed the most prudent approsch for Day 1 when I had no idea who to go for, but I fully accept the arguments against repeatedly no-lynching and will be casting a vote for someone tonight (though for whom is yet to be decided)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Can't speak for any of the others here, my no lynch vote was just being cautious, perhaps overly so. It seemed the most prudent approsch for Day 1 when I had no idea who to go for, but I fully accept the arguments against repeatedly no-lynching and will be casting a vote for someone tonight (though for whom is yet to be decided)

Any front runners? Your posts have been pure fluff so far.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Could be wrong but you don't vote = you self voting. a no vote is you voting but voting for no lynch.

No lynch at this stage is more sus though as you should have some leans by now even if you aren't sure on anyone

I Meant more the penalty for not voting

There will be no missed votes in this game. Failure to enter a valid vote by the deadline will result in a penalty vote against yourself in that lynch. Failure to meet the posting requirements in a cycle will also result in the same punishment, a penalty vote against yourself in the next lynch. This will increase incrementally as follows:
    1 missed vote OR missed posting requirements = 1 self vote
    2 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 2 self votes
    3 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 4 self votes
    4 missed votes OR missed posting requirements = 8 self votes
    etc.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Should we perhaps have some discussion over the merits of healing Derry vs Liam? May help whoever has the ability to heal.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Just a thought on this: my head is melted on the jester- they have a win condition but it feels like a funny role to have in a game like this so I’m not entirely sure it’s not a headmelter by the mods. However, could someone repeatedly not voting/ missing post quotas be likely a jester role building penalty votes against themselves? Is this something we need to look for?

Orla WW wrote: »
    Should we perhaps have some discussion over the merits of healing Derry vs Liam? May help whoever has the ability to heal.

Would that not change the fact that they were picked as when they die we will know they were not lying with the peek assuming they flip good in Derrys case.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Just a thought on this: my head is melted on the jester- they have a win condition but it feels like a funny role to have in a game like this so I’m not entirely sure it’s not a headmelter by the mods. However, could someone repeatedly not voting/ missing post quotas be likely a jester role building penalty votes against themselves? Is this something we need to look for?

They could do that but it should show up pretty quickly if they keep not voting

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Are we happy that the poison was used by a goody? Sounds more like a baddy power potentially used on 2 goodies.

The question is whether somebody has an antidote. But if it was that straight forward wouldn’t that effectively Nullify the role? I suppose not if the goody with the cure wasn’t sure about who used the power or if they are dead. So the next question would be if the person giving out poison can choose who gets good and bad poison (cause a baddy could fake poison a team mate for street cred).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Would that not change the fact that they were picked as when they die we will know they were not lying with the peek assuming they flip good in Derrys case.

They could do that but it should show up pretty quickly if they keep not voting

Wouldn’t take long to have enough votes if were not organized though

Not sure I follow? Are you of the opinion whoever can heal, shouldn’t?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Maybe a wish will heal the person

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Killing me is a waste and will only backfire on the village.

Those killing me will be treated with suspension and contempt.

I will also get some revenge.

Lucy be like: giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29dad8738f3a59ddf88dff625f0d6a9eeed8fb7151&rid=giphy.gif

Not sure I follow? Are you of the opinion whoever can heal, shouldn’t?

If they are confident that they are heeling a villager then sure. If not then I believe the point of picking a poisoned person for the peek was that we might know their alignment if they died and know their peek info was true as a result.

For all we know though Derry was the one not poisoned and we will be questioning if we can trust their peek when they survive though.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Lucy be like: giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29dad8738f3a59ddf88dff625f0d6a9eeed8fb7151&rid=giphy.gif

That post has been the most suspicious post of the game for me. Not your cartman gif but what you were quoting of course. If Lucy turns out to be good I want that explained at least

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Ok I am back - Lucy is good

Derry WW wrote: »

Huh, did not see that coming.

and if your on the level then she should last a long time given her threat of revenge on anyone who tries to kill her. I wouldn't be killing her now.

Would want an explanation from her though for those threats when she was only going to be peeked. especially if she was always going to peek good.

• Advertisement

Lucy, care to explain your suspicious behavior?

Ah, fun times. Was not expecting that.

I'm going to assume you're legit for now Derry-Berry.

For me, I'm guessing that leaves us with a couple of wolves in here:

No lynch - Barbara / Regan / Ewan / Oisin / Conor / Phil

And a couple in here:

Lucy - Wendy / Winifred / Orla / Vernon / Henry

Since I know I'm good, that gives me Vernon, Orla, Winifred and Wendy. If there's 2 in there, that's a 50% chance of hitting a wolf.

Regan WW wrote: »
    Maybe a wish will heal the person

The wish granter is dead. right?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

And a couple in here:

Since I know I'm good, that gives me Vernon, Orla, Winifred and Wendy. If there's 2 in there, that's a 50% chance of hitting a wolf.

Well I can help you out there too... I'm good so that narrows it down a bit more. Vernon would be my top choice in that group.

But I still get the hibbie gibbies from Ewan so will be sticking on him

What are your thoughts on Isla Henry?

And a couple in here:

With so many places to hide at the moment I can’t see there being more than one wolf on Lucy. Trying to look at it objectively I’d be mad to lay into Lucy the way I did on day1 if I were a wolf and therefore knew she wasn’t.

Was going to stick an FFA up as im hoping most do despite on thread voting (which I've found often makes people not do them) but it's being changed now after the Lucy peek. At least until the Derry poison is resolved I don't think we can ignore that good flip

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

With so many places to hide at the moment I can’t see there being more than one wolf on Lucy. Trying to look at it objectively I’d be mad to lay into Lucy the way I did on day1 if I were a wolf and therefore knew she wasn’t.

You saying you are too wolfy to be a wolf?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

I wasn't sure what to make of your back and forth yesterday and her reveal as good gives me no real help other than you were wrong yesterday.

What are your thoughts on Isla Henry?

leaning village but would need to go into her posts a bit more to confirm

i have a feeling she miinterpreted a couple of things i said, but again would need to go back and check

i'm not too interested in trawling through her posts yet though as i've limited time today and I want to use the votes to narrow the search for me a bit

• Advertisement

You saying you are too wolfy to be a wolf?

No! I’m saying it’s not a wolfie move at all! With these numbers there’s no need for a wolf to draw attention to themselves so early on.

Advertisement