Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Any word on the county board meeting Wednesday night? Been outta the loop last few weeks.

It was postponed until the 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Any word on the county board meeting Wednesday night? Been outta the loop last few weeks.

Was postponed until next week and then postponed again until the following week. Has to be hard with all the moving sand to organise a meeting ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Connolly and Holmes were appointed as Joint chairmen, the o Connors father was appointed treasurer and the o sheas mother was appointed secretary according to my sources . Everybody from Ballina was barred from the meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I'd say there's a real danger the big games could be postponed.

It's been spilling rain all night with no sign of any respite.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

seligehgit wrote: »

Should clear soon....pitch won't be great tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

May weather forecast app is telling me it'll be dry from round midday. Should be okay if it's not actually raining during the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the pitch is sanded to an inch of its life, should be ok.

May weather forecast app is telling me it'll be dry from round midday. Should be okay if it's not actually raining during the games?

Your app is better than the Oracle of Delphi.

Brightening up nicely with an end to the deluge of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭naughto

Made some rain though pitch will be sh1ty come 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

naughto wrote: »
    Is it likely to suit one team over another or not make any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

naughto wrote: »

its october, until they stop playing club finals in october its always going to be muddy.

Lovely evening and the pitch looks like it's held up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Ballintubber successfully defend their county title. Didn't get to see the game was it a deserved 3 point win?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Ballintubber successfully defend their county title. Didn't get to see the game was it a deserved 3 point win?

I think so.
    Ballagh marginally better for most of the first half, but once it started to turn into a battle towards the end of the second half, Ballintubber had that little bit more guile. Ballagh kept it close in the second half and it was tit for tat for most of the game really, but Ballintubber had a little extra.
    There's probably a reason some in the county don't like Tubber - they just have that little bit of cuteness that other teams lack. Got them over the line today.

It was a deserved win,that bit of experience and guile told in the later stages.The result was very much in doubt until the dying minutes.

It was a wonderful contest.

Diarmuid O Connor was simply outstanding.

The Neale edged Ballyhaunis in the intermediate final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Well done to Tubber. Taking serious advantage of their golden generation. Two in a row ain't ever easy. Super efficient

The focus now will be to give a better account of themselves in Connacht. A tough, tough ask though - assuming corofin come through tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

jr86 wrote: »
    Well done to Tubber. Taking serious advantage of their golden generation. Two in a row ain't ever easy. Super efficient

The focus now will be to give a better account of themselves in Connacht. A tough, tough ask though - assuming corofin come through tomorrow
    Do tubber meet the winners of Galway next?

Wouldn't be confident that Ballintubber will ha e what it takes in Connacht.

Agreed on Diarmuid O'Connor - showed great leadership.

Cillian O'Connor and David Drake had a bit of a battle, looked like it might flare up at a couple of moments.

eastmayo wrote: »

I'm not sure to be honest but to win Connacht they would have to get through corofin somewhere.

While you take every game as it comes I have little doubt they'll already have thoughts on how to approach corofin if they get over Tuam tomorrow

They faded quite badly last year which was a bit disappointing as they had corofin rattled in the 1st half

PressRun wrote: »

Cillian O'Connor and David Drake had a bit of a battle, looked like it might flare up at a couple of moments.

Great to see

I love it when the big guns show a fire in their belly playing club level

Great day for the Neale too! It'll be a battle to stay up senior but they won't give a jot for the moment. Great work being done in the club

• Advertisement

Jason Gibbons struggled in the middle though, I thought.

eastmayo wrote: »

They play Leitrim champions in 2 weeks and winners of that play the Galway champions.

Two very close finals but I think the best teams won. Ballagh will rue the end of the 1st half. 4 points up and in a good position they conceded a quick 1-1 to go in level. Cillian, Diarmuid and Michael Plunkett showed their intercounty quality along with big performances from Bryan Walsh and Stephen O'Malley.

Andy and Shairoze Akram were the standout players for Ballagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Jesus but Tubber are an awful bore to watch. Very negative style which is why they won't be able to beat the likes of a Corofin unless they are having a real bad off day. Considering the talent they have I consider them to be underutilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Jesus but Tubber are an awful bore to watch. Very negative style which is why they won't be able to beat the likes of a Corofin unless they are having a real bad off day. Considering the talent they have I consider them to be underutilised.

When ballintubber had the ball tonight there were 13 men in defence for most attacks. It's hard to not be negative and try and retain posession when you're faced with that blanket

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Why do teams that are playing an Amateur Sport Play in this manner ?

I can see how professional Sports team might play in this manner .

But Amateur Players . Killing your Sport as Amateurs does not make sense .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    They play Leitrim champions in 2 weeks and winners of that play the Galway champions.

Is that the same for The Neale intermediate?

Peatys wrote: »
    Is that the same for The Neale intermediate?

Oughterard won in Galway yesterday and are extremely impressive.

Can't see the Neale getting too close to them if they meet but stranger has happened and all that

Ah lads

It's a results game

Tubber were huffing and puffing away in intermediate not too long ago.

You would be considered mad back then if you said they'd win multiple seniors in the next decade

Frankly if my team won a county final 1-0 I would not give a hoot.

They deserve appreciation imo. Let's direct the negativity towards the ever overhyped and sacred cow of an Irish rugby team instead :D :pac:

• Advertisement

TBF IMO for large portions of the game Ballintubber were not overly negative.It was quite an open contest.

Certainly going down the stretch they may reverted to type.

I see Michael Plunkett got MOTM.

I thought Cillian O Connor was peripheral to the contest for large portions of it.An exquisite first five minutes with a couple of wonderful scores but as their go to man tended to drop far too deep.

For Ballagh Owen Jordan prevented two certain goals including his goal line clearance when Cillian seemed certain to score.

Akram was excellent and if he can only add a scoring threat.Cian Hanley got on a lot of ball and Kuba Callaghan is a great prospect.

Disappointing for Andy he didn't get his hands on another county medal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement