Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Site security, well currently :pac:

Is all secure on the western front?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's going ok, how are you getting on?.

Just on the way home now.

Will watch an episode of something or other when I get in. Off tomorrow so hoping for a big old sleep

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm trying to figure out what sort of thing to watch next.. Did some mainstream stuff like peaky blinders and house of cards recently, thinking of going back to the scandinavian/european noir type genre

I'm trying to figure out what sort of thing to watch next.. Did some mainstream stuff like peaky blinders and house of cards recently, thinking of going back to the scandinavian/european noir type genre

Have yet to watch any of the Scandinavian series.

I’m switching between a couple of different French series at the minute.

Watched a great Danish film called The Guilty the other night. Just one man in it working on the emergency hotline for the police.

• Advertisement

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Have yet to watch any of the Scandinavian series.

I’m switching between a couple of different French series at the minute.

Watched a great Danish film called The Guilty the other night. Just one man in it working on the emergency hotline for the police.

Gosh that sounds right up my street, netflix?

Gosh that sounds right up my street, netflix?

Yeah. Have you seen Locke?

I really haven't watched a movie in a while, commitment phobe :pac: Haven't seen Locke either

So Locke is 90 minutes of Tom Hardy in a car using his phone on loud speaker. No one else is in it.

I love him and loved the film

Not seen hardy in much but he was something in peaky blinders and the krays thing.

• Advertisement

I have a serious soft spot for the man.

I’ve off to bed now.

Best of luck for the rest of the shift

Mind yourself, glad you came back!! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Stupid bloody brain has me woken up at this hour! Go to sleep stupid brain!! 🧠

Bugger, that's annoying, anyway you're in the right place!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Aloha (hi and bye).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Heyo Paws, feels like ages, how are you?

All good. Busy busy though. How are you? Sorry I only randomly pop in.

So Locke is 90 minutes of Tom Hardy in a car using his phone on loud speaker. No one else is in it.

I love him and loved the film

That's a bloody good film

All good. Busy busy though. How are you? Sorry I only randomly pop in.

No apologies needed, there's life outside boards (i think) :pac:

Lol. So what's been going on with you? :)

Feck all, ahm lemme think, oh my job was restructured so my hours are down from tomorrow, looks like i'll be able to fill the gap in rent shortfall with something from welfare though.. We had a new poster over the weekend, great to see especially with similar tv show taste as me.. :P Also, if it's not cloudy there the moon is beautiful tonight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Happy Moon Day

Happy first day of the week all. I’m just finishing up my weekend tonight. Just went to see Joker. Would highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Happy first day of the week all. I’m just finishing up my weekend tonight. Just went to see Joker. Would highly recommend it

It's a brilliantly written and directed and acted film, yet at the same time, it leaves you feeling on edge, and uncomfortable, yet somehow sympathetic to Joker.

Even from the first line of dialogue, you just knew it wasn't going to be your typical comic booky film.
    Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's a brilliantly written and directed and acted film, yet at the same time, it leaves you feeling on edge, and uncomfortable, yet somehow sympathetic to Joker.

Even from the first line of dialogue, you just knew it wasn't going to be your typical comic booky film.

Yeah it certainly had a different feel to it. I’m not sure I felt sympathy for him but understood him I think.

The Irishman is next on the list but have to wait another month

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Both of them are pencilled in for me over the next couple of weeks.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Both of them are pencilled in for me over the next couple of weeks.
    Del comic book?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Black Swan wrote: »
    Del comic book?

If I try and draw something, it looks like a drunk fly fell into an ink pot and walked around a page.

Hello from the couch. Tea and netflix day here..

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If I try and draw something, it looks like a drunk fly fell into an ink pot and walked around a page.
    Someday your work will be profoundly marking a new development in art Ted.

• Advertisement

Hello from the couch. Tea and netflix day here..
    Tea won't cut it today Grem. Swannie needs a strong rich brew made from magic beans.

Advertisement