Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Where is this newspaper based?
    There's the Roscommon Herald and Roscommon People
    They are the only two newspapers in Roscommon

It's just called the democrat....says it's roscommon longford and leitrims free newspaper. Www.democrat.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

It's just called the democrat....says it's roscommon longford and leitrims free newspaper. Www.democrat.ie

Have never seen it in circulation in Roscommon or Longford.
    Surely if it's a free newspaper then it's a pamphlet?

Certainly a lot of overlap...phelim oneill was assisting the mcganns early on in the process according to one facebook post.

He also is the solicitor for Emmet Corcoran, the "journalist" arrested and questioned by the gardai. Incidentally phelim o Neill and Emmet Corcoran appear to be the owners of the democrat newspaper, which managed to get hold of video of the immediate aftermath of the attack

Nah, was referring to something else there! 'P O'Neill', who signed all IRA statements, was widely believed to be an allusion to Pheilim O Neill who led the Ulster Rebellion of 1641. The people saying "The IRA is behind this" and its variants missed the fact that P O'Neill himself is the defending solicitor. hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'm happy with my lot in life.

But if I borrow a pile of cash, I realise I have to pay it back.

Only the ultra thick think otherwise.

How about builders and vulture capitalists that borrowed billions and never paid their debts? In fact, we bailed them out, some even got wages from nama on top

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

pure.conya wrote:
    How about builders and vulture capitalists that borrowed billions and never paid their debts? In fact, we bailed them out, some even got wages from nama on top

So we should all follow suit and just sat **** it? It's the uneducated opinions like this that's dragging this country to its knees. Spongers the lot of them. Plenty of time to protest and sit on their hole at a water protest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭blueythebear

pure.conya wrote: »

What about them? They should also be pursued. You think the bank is not going to pursue large loans? They're low hanging fruit in that getting a 5 million loan off the books is much better than a 500k loan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

What happened to the builders and developers property that they could pay their loans for?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

This is the commies and spongers cop out constantly calling out banks developers and vulture funds even thought some have lived on state handouts all there lifes, "the revolution is always coming" it uasually there last lines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Wtf is a vulture capitalist anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Wtf is a vulture capitalist anyway?

Think they’re getting vulture funds and venture capitalists mixed up.

• Advertisement

Think they’re getting vulture funds and venture capitalists mixed up.

They wouldn’t know what a venture capitalist was if one ran up and bit ‘em in the böllöcks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭facehugger99

These lads have been given a month to vacate.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2019/1011/1082594-kbc-roscommon-case/

Obviously they're going to appeal this causing yet more delay.

If you ever wonder why your mortgage repayment is so high, ask yourself why any new entrant would want to enter the Irish market when it takes so long and cost so much to remove absolute chancers like these numpties from a property they are illegally occupying.

Will the baseball bat vigilantes be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

hope they get the boot...........no sympathy from me, those people have been thumb nose'in for years now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I sincerely hope so, but unfortunately I'd imagine that the Gardaí will do a "ring of steel" type operation in order to prevent the eviction being interfered with. Not getting my hopes up for a reprise of what happened last time, but life can always surprise you...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

If you ever wonder why your mortgage repayment is so high, ask yourself why any new entrant would want to enter the Irish market when it takes so long and cost so much to remove absolute chancers like these numpties from a property they are illegally occupying.

The issue was with the loyalist security men hired to turf the family out the first time

They haven’t gone away, you know...

The issue was with the loyalist security men hired to turf the family out the first time

The issue was the bugger didn’t pay his debts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Plenty of celebrities around Dublin who owe an awful lot more, we don't see the bailiffs calling around to them do we.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

mgn wrote: »
    Plenty of celebrities around Dublin who owe an awful lot more, we don't see the bailiffs calling around to them do we.

Who?

lola85 wrote: »
    Who?

Pamela Flood and her husband for instance, mortgage of 1.2 million nothing paid for years, still living there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,182 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The big sheds will open up on Nov12, I understand.

I sincerely hope so, but unfortunately I'd imagine that the Gardaill do a "ring of steel" type operation in order to prevent the eviction being interfered with. Not getting my hopes up for a reprise of what happened last time, but life can always surprise you...

The house is no good to the bank anyway, nobody is going to buy it of them.

Pamela Flood and her husband for instance, mortgage of 1.2 million nothing paid for years, still living there.

That court case is ongoing no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The house is no good to the bank anyway, nobody is going to buy it of them.

why not?

pgj2015 wrote: »
    why not?

Who would want to buy it with the history it has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

pgj2015 wrote: »
    why not?

Because there would probably be a match out to it in the middle of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Who would want to buy it with the history it has.

If it's at the right money it will sell.

Of course someone will buy it if the price is right. You’d swear the Corleones owned it ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Steer55 wrote: »
    Because there would probably be a match out to it in the middle of the night.

Buy the house, insure it, and sit back and let the neanderthals work away. The house needs to be knocked anyway. The state of it.

• Advertisement

That court case is ongoing no?

So its okay to pay nothing for 8 years and stay in the house, why have the being allowed to say there that long without being evicted.

Advertisement