Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Got that as well, wonder if it's the watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

goose06 wrote: »

Either that or a another P30 Pro, the first agent from Eir was great said I was entitled to the watch so hoping she sorted it and didn't leave any notes if the system.

Then I questioned it they probably just said there is none left and fobbed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

will users on carrier phones...like 3....get access to emui 10 beta ?....which they say might be out on sept 8th (although other sources say it'll be china first on that date and later here)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Got the 9.1.0.193 update there on Vodafone today

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

anyone bought from these shops in town before?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/624869421373929/

78a talbot street, shop name mobile expert.

selling a p30 pro unlocked with receipt and 2 year warranty for 580?
    is there an obvious catch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Watch arrived today
    Darren 83 wrote: »
    goose06 wrote: »

Either that or a another P30 Pro, the first agent from Eir was great said I was entitled to the watch so hoping she sorted it and didn't leave any notes if the system.

Then I questioned it they probably just said there is none left and fobbed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Does anybody know if any of the networks do a dual sim p30 pro?

Got my Watch gt in the post after them telling me they are gone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just received message from Hauwei to say my claim went ok and reward has been shipped. Exactly the same message as when the Sonos was shipped back in April. Fingers crossed for the second arrival

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gavin1980

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Just received message from Hauwei to say my claim went ok and reward has been shipped. Exactly the same message as when the Sonos was shipped back in April. Fingers crossed for the second arrival

Same here and an email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mmrs

Got that too. Another speaker would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Got 2 texts. I am not expecting any speakers to come as I think its just a very very later confirmation that they were shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I was offered a deal as a loyal customer for a P30 Pro. Currently paying 60 euro a month. The Pro is 199. I'd still pay 199, but they'll reduce my monthly bill from 60 to 30 euro so I'd save 180 which almost wipes the cost of the Pro. Currently have a pixel 2xl. Was thinking of buying the pixel 4xl next month.
    Good deal?
    Also can anyone tell me if the P30 Pro will be receiving security updates for the next couple of years? Do Huawei update security patches regularly?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

How can the battery optimisation notifications be turned off.

I don't mind it showing up on the screen but don't want any sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Also having problems with notifications from some apps . how can these be turned on and to run in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Hi guys have ordered p30 pro and now second guessing myself, considering canceling the order.
    Will the phone still retain android and google/social media apps? This is my only concern.
    Sorry but haven't read through all the pages of the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

kala85 wrote: »
    Also having problems with notifications from some apps . how can these be turned on and to run in the background.

Go to Settings, Battery, App launch then turn OFF management for the ones you want to keep on. WhatsApp etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Hi guys have ordered p30 pro and now second guessing myself, considering canceling the order.
    Will the phone still retain android and google/social media apps? This is my only concern.
    Sorry but haven't read through all the pages of the thread

It's fine, it's just the newly launched phones that have that issue. Great phone so far, have since launch. It'll get the Android 10 update too.

Keith186 wrote: »
    It's fine, it's just the newly launched phones that have that issue. Great phone so far, have since launch. It'll get the Android 10 update too.

Ah grand so thanks! I'll keep it. My dad was scaring me saying id lose all my apps in November

Few days using the p30 pro and love it so far.
    I bought a screen protector but had to remove it because I would need to keep double clicking everything.
    Very impressed with the battery life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

itching for an upgrade!

To get the p30 pro or wait a few weeks for mate p30 pro...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

py2006 wrote: »
    itching for an upgrade!

There is no mate p30 pro, and the Mate 30 or 30 pro may well not be launched in Europe if the Google situation doesn't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

itching for an upgrade!

Presume you mean the mate 30 pro. I don't think they are being launched in Europe and they definitely won't have google services even if they are. There is some reports around of people sideloading but seems buggy and generally far too much hassle. Best bet is get the p30 pro or else some other brand entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Actually Google play services can be installed using one app, so the process seems rather simple and not complicated. Can't say first hand, but XDA Devs can't be too far wrong!

XDA developers YouTube
    https://youtu.be/S-KvAV-oWjI

Will anyone here buy the Mate 30 Pro without Google services?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

No intention of getting rid of my P30 pro, its the best phone I ever had...camera especially...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Will anyone here buy the Mate 30 Pro without Google services?

I'm a P user, so I'm looking to see how things are in Feb/Mar, and the launch of the P40. If the same situation still pertains, I'll still seriously consider it, if there's a work around.

I'm itching to try a 5G phone from Huawei, and by then 5g may be an option from more networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

I'm a Mate 10 Pro user it's a great phone has never let me down.
    Great camera and fast and will get android 10 by all accounts
    All the new phones look great but I'll stick with what I have
    **** I'm getting old

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

biebiebie wrote: »
    Actually Google play services can be installed using one app, so the process seems rather simple and not complicated. Can't say first hand, but XDA Devs can't be too far wrong!

XDA developers YouTube
    https://youtu.be/S-KvAV-oWjI

I'd be very wary of this
    https://twitter.com/topjohnwu/status/1178848902755127296?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

itching for an upgrade!

It's £559 from Wow Camera at the minute for the 8GB/128GB version.

Advertisement