Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So the asylum seekers from those centres are going to GPs and schools 35 and 42 mins away? Not some of them, all of them.

My GP is 33 mins walk away so it's safe to assume that some residents of the DPCs use that clinic. Same with schools.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Do you guys approve of National Party activists saying Joe Loughnane is from a sewer?

If someone came up screaming in my face I'd say an awful lot more that that. How popular is Joe by the way? Does he have the support of the galway electorate?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Definition of refugee:

A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.

And what wars, persecutions and natural disasters are the people of Albania and Brazil fleeing? Given that the majority have their claims rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭del roy

enricoh wrote: »
    Aye, persecuted by crap welfare and no government provided gaff

:D

Imn not a bit angry. If you're inferring anger in that text, you may need a nap
    Its obvious what he's at. Ducking and diving and obfuscation. Pin him down to a point, and he strawmans, moves goalposts, and when that fails, throws out an insult.
    (You're abetting him BTW)

Anyway, back to you.
    Anyway, where have I said, that which you claim I said?

He's running rings round you guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

WB Yokes wrote: »
    If someone came up screaming in my face I'd say an awful lot more that that. How popular is Joe by the way? Does he have the support of the galway electorate?

And there we have it. Your racism is clearly showing now.

You support people saying someone is from a Sewer because he doesnt look Irish.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

He's running rings round you guys.

In an alternative realty.
    Population 2.
    Yourself and himself.

matt360 wrote: »
    Lads I have a question, haven't read through the entire thread as I only stumbled across this two days ago, so I hope it hasn't been asked already..
    I agree that anyone is entitled to come here to seek asylum and I welcome genuine cases. I have to ask though, at what number do we draw a line? I heard Sean Kyne TD say,on the radio, that there are between 100-150 people seeking asylum here every day. So at 150 per day that is 1050 per week or 54,600 per year. So to give a margin of error let's just say 50,000 people per year. Minister Stanton was on the radio this morning and said that there is a 36% increase in the number of people coming here seeking asylum this year. And yes I agree that these people need to be looked after. What do we do if there is a 36% increase next year? Or 60% or 80%?
    Direct Provision was meant to be a temporary solution but here we are 20 years later. I can't understand why the government can't spread them out, in smaller numbers, to more towns and villages. At least this way they can integrate properly. In the case of Oughterard, how are 250 people going to integrate properly into a community of 1300. They have to walk 500m along the hard shoulder before they get to a path that will take them another 1.5km to reach the village. And then what do they do? It's a quite enough town.
    I guess I'm wondering what number of asylum seekers we're going to have to take into the country to appease the people calling anyone a racist for simply questioning the logic behind this. Where does it all end?
    And I'm not trying to stir anything, I just genuinely don't get it...

Roughly 3,500 last year. 3,324 by the end of November 2018. (source - Irish Times, 02/01/2019).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

matt360 wrote: »
    He possibly misspoke of I possibly misheard. I'll have to try and find the podcast. If I did I apologise, I'm not trying to stir the pot.
    So forgetting my, maybe mistaken, post I'd still like to know at what number do we say "ok maybe we can't actually cope with this number?"

We’re getting comparatively low numbers compared to many other EU countries, so we should be able to cope. France is having a particularly difficult time in dealing with it’s numbers all the same. But it’s our legal responsibility.

And there we have it. Your racism is clearly showing now.

You support people saying someone is from a Sewer because he doesnt look Irish.

No we dont have anything Joey. You are getting excited and carried away like you always do, bit of a drama queen so you are.

If someone is going up to people screaming in their face then they deserve to get it back. Poor little joe cant take a bit of slagging but he can dish it out. Coward.

• Advertisement

My GP is 33 mins walk away so it's safe to assume that some residents of the DPCs use that clinic. Same with schools.

Its not safe to assume that. Do you seriously think they are going to walk 33 minutes when there might be one 10 minutes or less away?

As for wanting more DPCs, have you consulted the majority in your community and/or the "customers" of the DPC? What does their opinion matter anyways.

Joey you're a small little man with a chip on his shoulder. You dont speak for the Irish people.

That’s Justin you’re thinking of.

alastair wrote: »
    That’s Justin you’re thinking of.

No its not actually. Swing and a miss from mystic meg again here lads.

Why. Are you Justin? It would explain a lot.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Nah, it definitely is. All the defining features match.

And what wars, persecutions and natural disasters are the people of Albania and Brazil fleeing? Given that the majority have their claims rejected.

Familiarise yourself with the murders and death threats towards environmentalists, gay activists and left-wing politicians, particularly since the election of Bolsonaro. Ex-president Lula and several prominent members of PT would likely succeed with asylum applications.

Albania has religious, gay and political persecution. As does Kosovo.

It's all searchable online and you really don't need me to do it for you.

Why. Are you Justin? It would explain a lot.

No but I know what you are and that explains a lot :)

Salt and vinegar for that chip hun?

Nah, it definitely is. All the defining features match.

Defo not pal.

Defo not pal.

That’s what they all say. Justin’s milkshake brings all the boys to his yard.

That’s what they all say. Justin’s milkshake brings all the boys to his yard.

Youd know all about bringing the boys to the yard alright.

• Advertisement

Familiarise yourself with the murders and death threats towards environmentalists, gay activists and left-wing politicians, particularly since the election of Bolsonaro. Ex-president Lula and several prominent members of PT would likely succeed with asylum applications.

Albania has religious, gay and political persecution. As does Kosovo.

It's all searchable online and you really don't need me to do it for you.

Thankfully those in charge of the claims process disagree. 99% rejected. That's 99% coming here telling big fat porkies.

The pity is they are clogging up the system for genuine refugees from places like Syria.

And we could pay far more to asylum seekers from Syria and allow them work, if we didn't have to deal with the bogus Albanian, Nigerian and Georgian seekers. The only reason we accommodate this latter group is clearly to do with private enterprise profiteering of the sort now proposed for Oughterard.

Youd know all about bringing the boys to the yard alright.

Interesting.

Its not safe to assume that. Do you seriously think they are going to walk 33 minutes when there might be one 10 minutes or less away?

As for wanting more DPCs, have you consulted the majority in your community and/or the "customers" of the DPC? What does their opinion matter anyways.

Did you wilfully or mistakenly fail to read my post.

My GP is 33 mins walk from me. Chosen as it was recommended to me.

The two DPCs in Galway are 35 and 42 mins walk from me. The clinic is 7mins and 18mins from the two DPCs according to Google Maps.

Therefore they'd probably walk it. I'm happy to walk 33 mins there if it's not raining.

Thankfully those in charge of the claims process disagree. 99% rejected. That's 99% coming here telling big fat porkies.

Again - you’ve no idea what their claims were, or if they had any merit.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I was hoping my warning last night would have made some of you cop on. Clearly not

I'm currently heading to a match in Manchester with limited access, but will be reviewing the thread when I'm back tomorrow. In the meantime the following are threadbanned

WB Yokes
    Alastair
    Roger Hassenforder

I am sure more sanctions will follow in due course

• Registered Users Posts: 39,855 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The Government is continuing with DP, so wanting them or not is moot.

I haven't seen any different proposal from FF or any other party. The fringe loons ain't getting near governance, , so they are here to stay.

Anyway one of the primary reasons they use DP is because they are cheaper than the alternative.

Would cost nearly 3 times more to house them in emergency accommodation.

Boggles wrote: »

I haven't seen any different proposal from FF or any other party. The fringe loons ain't getting near governance, , so they are here to stay.

Anyway one of the primary reasons they use DP is because they are cheaper than the alternative.

On what basis do you make that claim?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 39,855 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

On what basis do you make that claim?

Which one, I made a bunch of claims I think?

Again - you’ve no idea what their claims were, or if they had any merit.

Nope, but those whose job is to assess them did, and they decided they were bogus.

I'm going to trust someone who works professionally in this area with all access to the files, rather than you.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »

As with the majority of things these days, the government are wrong.

The cheapest option is to stop processing Albanians and Georgians in Ireland. They are in vast majority bogus, wasting time and money, when genuine cases from the likes of Syria could be considered and even housed in proper houses.

The Albanians and Georgians can post in their applications from abroad or to the nearest Irish embassy. Stop accommodating these clearly bogus asylum seekers at the cost of millions.

Not from Syria, grand, here's an address you can post your application to.

Simple.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement