Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oughterard people - see OP for Mod warning 29/09/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭enricoh

Its clear as day Oughterard was descended on by outsiders in relation to this.

Haha, It was as clear as day rooskey was descended on by outsiders too.
    In the video linked earlier one of the locals pointed out to the people there welcoming the migrants, that not even one of them was from rooskey! Not one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

enricoh wrote: »
    Haha, It was as clear as day rooskey was descended on by outsiders too.
    In the video linked earlier one of the locals pointed out to the people there welcoming the migrants, that not even one of them was from rooskey! Not one!

They got ran out of town that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Gone. From the article:

If their asylum claim fails in their country of choice, it is hardly surprising they would depart for another jurisdiction before being forcibly removed by the Garda. If they decided not to wait to be deported or even to be assisted by the Irish State in leaving voluntarily, technically speaking they are unaccounted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

WB Yokes wrote: »

By the mob. We don't want no foreigner folk in our tooown.

Chinasea wrote: »

You ok mate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

You can get a fair idea of a posters location from their post history, no surprise that any of the people in favour of this DPC live nowhere near it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Chinasea wrote: »

Most of these towns have plenty of "foreigner folk". Lovely people, you couldn't meet nicer, and they get on great with "Irish folk". But many of these "foreigner folk" also think its a bad idea to bring in too many people to a town at once. You probably consider them racist too?

This is not about racism.

Its about respect for the wishes of local people and also respect for asylum seekers. DPCs have been described by some as gulags and tbf they aren't far off it. Even migrants groups have condemned them as inhumane. They gave an example of one woman who had a new born baby but couldn't afford to buy it nappies or food and was stuck in a hotel room with the local community probably not even knowing she existed. This is inhumane stuff.

Even if the people of Oughterard wanted to help these migrants, it would be impossible to help 250 people. At most they could help 50. Its something liberal lefties like Alastair ignore. He's all for these inhumane type gulags.

Do you understand how Irish law works?
    Literally the first return from Google:

http://emn.ie/cat_search_detail.jsp?clog=6&itemID=3078&item_name=

Whats an EU "initiated" appeal BTW?
    Because youre the first to mention them

Nope. It's in the post he replied to and he's provided the response but you're pretending it's not relevant. Less obfuscating please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No they weren't actually. They were confronted by one local, insistent that the hotel wasn’t burned by an arsonist, and who subsequently went on a Germa and Turd video stream to say the following:
    Germa:"We'll keep a close eye on Rooskey. No doubt there'll be another fire soon & maybe this time they'll do the job..."

Niamh Beirne Kiernan: "You wouldn't know what might happen.

The protesters left later in the day, long after yer one had moseyed off.

US2 wrote: »
    You can get a fair idea of a posters location from their post history, no surprise that any of the people in favour of this DPC live nowhere near it.

Newsflash! Most people don’t live in Oughterard!

• Advertisement

Most of these towns have plenty of "foreigner folk". Lovely people, you couldn't meet nicer, and they get on great with "Irish folk". But many of these "foreigner folk" also think its a bad idea to bring in too many people to a town at once. You probably consider them racist too?

This is not about racism.

Its about respect for the wishes of local people and also respect for asylum seekers. DPCs have been described by some as gulags and tbf they aren't far off it. Even migrants groups have condemned them as inhumane. They gave an example of one woman who had a new born baby but couldn't afford to buy it nappies or food and was stuck in a hotel room with the local community probably not even knowing she existed. This is inhumane stuff.

Even if the people of Oughterard wanted to help these migrants, it would be impossible to help 250 people. At most they could help 50. Its something liberal lefties like Alastair ignore. He's all for these inhumane type gulags.

It’s entirely possible to help 250 people. Which is why the hotel has been earmarked to do so.

Untrue. I'm 23km away and in favour. Two DPCs here in Galway City and I've previously posted that the city can accommodate more.

alastair wrote: »
    Newsflash! Most people don’t live in Oughterard!

I don't see the point of this post, is it supposed to be funny ?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Gatling wrote: »
    Faugheen wrote: »
    but we have long established that boards does not in anyway represent the ‘majority’.

oughterard isn't boards now is it .
    The OP said Galway City.

You said the majority of people don’t support him.

What on Earth has Oughterard got to do with Galway City?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Nope. It's in the post he replied to and he's provided the response but you're pretending it's not relevant. Less obfuscating please.

He's well able to fight his own battles (well he's not actually- he got his ass handed to him. Again. And then he resorted to insults).

I've no intention of hogging the forum, wasting my time repeating it with you!.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Exactly. You just need to see the myths about Balbriggan spread by people who don’t live there.

Then the one Balbriggan resident comes into this thread and the same people tell that resident that they’re wrong and that outsiders know more about the area than residents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Gone. From the article:

If their asylum claim fails in their country of choice, it is hardly surprising they would depart for another jurisdiction before being forcibly removed by the Garda. If they decided not to wait to be deported or even to be assisted by the Irish State in leaving voluntarily, technically speaking they are unaccounted for.

Thats not evidence they're gone. Of any number.
    That is just a likely scenario, highly probable even, of what unsuccessful applicants do.

But again. Its not evidence of what number are actually gone.

After several pages of this repetition, you/alastair havent taken a step forward with a scintilla of proof.

It’s entirely possible to help 250 people. Which is why the hotel has been earmarked to do so.

No its not.

Its very difficult to live on 21 euro a week. Try it sometime. These people will need extra charity. Most Irish people would have no problem providing it. But its impossible asking 1300 people to help 250 people. Just too big an ask.

As soon as this DPC will be open, people like you will piss off to the next liberal lefty cause celebre, leaving these migrants in a gulag type hellhole.

Its you who are coming across as not giving a damn about these migrants.

Come clean, what skin have you in the game? Are you related to a DPC hotel owner? Because its clear as day you couldn't care less about the fate of migrants. You've already made it clear you are willing to condemn them to a gulag type hellhole with little or no financial or charitable support.

Like most liberal lefties, you don't really give a damn about people, just ideology. People don't matter and the ideology always comes first.

I don't see the point of this post, is it supposed to be funny ?

I didn’t see the point if your previous post tbh. You clearly are happy to comment on thread, despite not living near Oughterard either.

No its not.

Its very difficult to live on 21 euro a week. Try it sometime. These people will need extra charity. Most Irish people would have no problem providing it. But its impossible asking 1300 people to help 250 people. Just too big an ask.

As soon as this DPC will be open, people like you will piss off to the next liberal lefty cause celebre, leaving these migrants in a gulag type hellhole.

Its you who are coming across as not giving a damn about these migrants.

Come clean, what skin have you in the game? Are you related to a DPC hotel owner? Because its clear as day you couldn't care less about the fate of migrants. You've already made it clear you are willing to condemn them to a gulag type hellhole with little or no financial or charitable support.

Like most liberal lefties, you don't really give a damn about people, just ideology. People don't matter and the ideology always comes first.

Yes it is. These 250 people are remaining in the direct provision system regardless of where they’re located. There’s a hotel there capable of accommodating 250 people. All well within the bounds of possibility.

And no, there won’t be any 250 people demanding charity from the people of Oughterard. Refer to the people of Lisdoonvarna about the realities of having a DPC in a small rural town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Gone. From the article:

Someone guessing is not gone. Also the word gone wasn't used. You could change the sentence to "it is hardly surprising they would go underground before being forcibly removed by the Gardaí" and it would have the same amount of fact. Asylum seekers fall off the grid all the time. Some reappear again. Others stay hidden. And yes. Some leave. At least I would be willing to admit it is possible that all failed asylum seekers leave Ireland the same way its just as possible many remain. Without the facts no one can make such an assertion either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I agree it went from not wanting refugees at all to being against direct provision only. Clearly outside interference. The pakistani pbf man was over there handing out placards.

Joe Loughnane is Irish. And he isnt from a Sewer either.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Someone guessing is not gone. Also the word gone wasn't used. You could change the sentence to "it is hardly surprising they would go underground before being forcibly removed by the Gardaí" and it would have the same amount of fact. Asylum seekers fall off the grid all the time. Some reappear again. Others stay hidden. And yes. Some leave. At least I would be willing to admit it is possible that all failed asylum seekers leave Ireland the same way its just as possible many remain. Without the facts no one can make such an assertion either way.

Look again:
    More than likely, as the Garda would tell us, they would have left the country and probably would have gone back to the United Kingdom, ” Mr Waters said.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Look again:

Probably gone .

No proof they are gone no

Untrue. I'm 23km away and in favour. Two DPCs here in Galway City and I've previously posted that the city can accommodate more.

That's nowhere near it.
    I would define being near it as living in the same town or if a city within a mile.

Joe Loughnane is Irish. And he isnt from a Sewer either.

lol pull the other one mate.

He's well able to fight his own battles (well he's not actually- he got his ass handed to him. Again. And then he resorted to insults).

I've no intention of hogging the forum, wasting my time repeating it with you!.

His points are unassailable. Upon discovering that it seems that the anti-refugee choir are trying to provoke a guy that knocks down their every point. It's a better look if you aim to refute his arguments instead.

That's nowhere near it.
    I would define being near it as living in the same town as it or if a city within a mile.

Thanks for your definition. I think most people would agree Galway city is near Oughterard.

Yes it is. These 250 people are remaining in the direct provision system regardless of where they’re located. There’s a hotel there capable of accommodating 250 people. All well within the bounds of possibility.

And no, there won’t be any 250 people demanding charity from the people of Oughterard. Refer to the people of Lisdoonvarna about the realities of having a DPC in a small rural town.

There you go with your liberal leftie nimbysm again. Tiresome at this stage. Asking others to be charitable but not doing a tap yourself.

You are asking 250 people to live in a modern gulag at 21 euro a week but you won't be seen for dust when it comes to helping them after they move in.

• Advertisement

His points are unassailable. Upon discovering that it seems that the anti-refugee choir are trying to provoke a guy that knocks down their every point. It's a better look if you aim to refute his arguments instead.

Havnt seen any "anti refugee" posts at all. Funny that yourself an Alistair can say and make up what ye like

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement