Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Granite Head

Anyone looking for a Podpads (10% discount) loyalty code PM me (First come etc..)............................................and now gone

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Sprints, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine, Therapy, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think that was it alright. It was a decent spot indeed. It was a nice short walk to the arena entrance by the inflatable church.

It was a long walk from the blue carpark though. I'm very thankful for my big trolley.

I would say it will be busier next year with more people knowing about it.

no problem with the walk from the red carpark though.
    from parking up, to pitching the tent in Both Sides Now, took us 10mins.

after coming down the full length of the motorway onto the N25, it took 2 mins from meeting traffic on the main road just outside the Red Carpark gate at 2pm (4 cars ahead of us), to parking in the campsite. easy peasy.

it was honestly one of the easiest entrances i've had to a festival in many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

no problem with the walk from the red carpark though.
    from parking up, to pitching the tent in Both Sides Now, took us 10mins.

after coming down the full length of the motorway onto the N25, it took 2 mins from meeting traffic on the main road just outside the Red Carpark gate at 2pm (4 cars ahead of us), to parking in the campsite. easy peasy.

it was honestly one of the easiest entrances i've had to a festival in many years.

I was thinking of heading towards the red gate. But the information coming from social media was so sketchy (you can use any gate.... the blue gate is for general camping... the red gate is for campervans etc. ), we decided to head for the blue gate. :(

2 Hours from Dublin to within 2Km from the gate.... another 2 hours to getting out of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Have to disagree. TF looked cramped - not much room between tents. Friends of mine got the 8 man in TF with 6 people staying and said it was too cramped in the tent too. Definitely not interested staying there, I'll be staying in Podpads again
    I stayed in TF, it was terrible, way too cramped both in tent size and spacing in between. Also, unlike pink moon ar EP, seemed to be no staff presence during the night and no control over noise even at 5am. Podpads didnt look much better as they were beside TF, will be interesting to see if they sell out today.

whelzer wrote: »
    We were in a 2 man in TF - twas absolutely crap, could smell the neighbours on all 3 sides of us, we were that close (thankfully they were all nice people!)

Will not rush back... the campsite on view from TF ( I got in trouble for calling it ECO here :rolleyes:) looked grand. Thats' where I'll be next year.
    Yes of all camping options the Both Sides Now area looked to be the best but apparently the walk there was a killer as you had to enter via the Blue Gate and walk all the way around. Campervan was my preferred choice for next year but hiring one is proving to be difficult and expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

The 2-person basic Bellepads on PodPads look to be €45 dearer than last year.

So much for the 10% discount code - robbing f*cking b*stards...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

BlaaEater wrote: »

They have to raise the money for traffic management :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Stillill42

BlaaEater wrote: »

Wow. That is a whole other level of neck. To up the prices after this year's performance is beyond arrogant. I would love to think the Irish punter would tell them where to stick their approximation of luxury but no doubt they'll go like hot cakes.

2 person basic podpads gone from 605 to 675!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Paid 415 + 50 deposit first year for a 4 man bellepad
    Paid exact same this year for same tent

Now they are looking for 560 + 50, (10% discount to come off that)

So they have increased the prices by roughly 33% and offered a 10% discount. ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭RINO87

hibsman wrote: »
    2 person basic podpads gone from 605 to 675!

In 18 years of going to festivals I've never taken the boutique option.... Am I naive in thinking that price includes your festival ticket??

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

RINO87 wrote: »
    In 18 years of going to festivals I've never taken the boutique option.... Am I naive in thinking that price includes your festival ticket??

You've to get the ticket separately

RINO87 wrote: »

For that price I can see why you would think ticket was included! To be fair I didn't stay in podpads last year, had tried to book but they were sold out, that's why I remember the price. But we stayed right next to them in Tangerine Fields, sharing toilets, showers, cramped area etc. Really poor 'boutique camping' experience, our only consolation was that we had saved money by not being able to get the podpads. Can't believe they have increased their prices so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I was thinking of heading towards the red gate. But the information coming from social media was so sketchy (you can use any gate.... the blue gate is for general camping... the red gate is for campervans etc. ), we decided to head for the blue gate. :(

2 Hours from Dublin to within 2Km from the gate.... another 2 hours to getting out of the car.

The Blue Gate of ATN

490510.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

We only paid for camping once. It was 2013 and we were in Pink Moon at EP.

It was only because we wanted some comforts and facilities after being in family camping before and the youngfella wasn't with us.

It wasn't worth the money. There was very little in the difference apart from a bit of space around the tents. I would never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭RINO87

Those prices are absolutely BONKERS, I really have no idea how people can justify that for a weekend where your whole objective is to be at a festival, and not in a shack.... Each to their own I guess, they are no doubt popular, but I mean for the price of two festivals you would have yourself a caravan.

We've always gone for the "green" campsite options where ever available and they have always been great, really clean, lots of room, nice neighbors. Both Sides Now this year was great, even tho it wasn't marketed as a "green" campsite, it felt like one. The trek from the main campsite to there wasnt so bad either, it was all downhill. The worst part was getting to the blue gate itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yes of all camping options the Both Sides Now area looked to be the best but apparently the walk there was a killer as you had to enter via the Blue Gate and walk all the way around. Campervan was my preferred choice for next year but hiring one is proving to be difficult and expensive.

you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

you didn't.

..and for a tenner he will tell you the shortcut, otherwise known as 'the way'

you didn't.
    Well, technically you did, but fair enough if you found another way ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

..and for a tenner he will tell you the shortcut, otherwise known as 'the way'

It was called .. "The Red Gate"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

For comparison, look what you get for €340 in Arcadian Fields:

https://www.arcadianfield.ie/images/arcadian-field-glamping-2019-web.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Right expectations for next year. Trying to think of acts that would usually be associated with Aiken since there involvement will grow next year on the booking end blah blah

Wish list that is realistic;
    IDLES, Girlband, nick cave, khruangbin, deerhunter, cat le Bon, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Ezra collective, king gizzard

Sure get FJM back - I would listen to that man everyday of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Right expectations for next year. Trying to think of acts that would usually be associated with Aiken since there involvement will grow next year on the booking end blah blah

Wish list that is realistic;
    IDLES, Girlband, nick cave, khruangbin, deerhunter, cat le Bon, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Ezra collective, king gizzard

I'd pay double the price to see that list--every one a winner...you say realistic, but realistically, could not be that lucky at all! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Off the top of my head and trying to be realistic about it...

Chemical Brothers, IDLES, Rival Consoles, Faithless, Public Service Broadcasting, The Limiñanas,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

IDLES
    Public Service Broadcasting
    Perfume Genius
    Mac de Marco
    Blood Orange

Gimme

I was very disappointed that neither ATN or EP booked Snapped Ankles for 2019.

Surely a shoe in for 2020:

Chemical Brothers, IDLES, Rival Consoles, Faithless, Public Service Broadcasting, The Limiñanas,

Solid list

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Chems are a great shout or add aphex twin to that

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Coz

808 State have a new album coming out. Could see them fitting the bill.

As for a wishlist Friendly Fires, Vulfpeck, Le Galaxie, Le Boom, King Kong Company (again), Fulee Love (again), Hot8Brass and Louis Cole/Knower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Well, technically you did, but fair enough if you found another way ðŸ‘

Don't aim for Portlaw. Go through Waterford, out the Cork road to Kilmacthomas and under the viaduct and along that road to the red gate. Anyone I know who did this had no hassle.

Advertisement