Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

MadYaker wrote: »
    People are pissing on the fence because there's a queue for the urinals, that means they need more urinals if they want to stop people pissing on the land. Also they should bring in female urinals so the wimmins aren't forced to use the horrendous portaloos.

I have never been in a queue for a urinal at EP for more than, at the very most, 30 seconds. Hold it.

The women's point you make us fair enough, although I have no experience of the women's toilets. I never seem to be waiting for my Mrs for more than a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jeaaaz a petition for Aslan to play EP2020 on the EP banter page!! We need to shut it down!! ;)

With regards the article, some points agreeable, but there's a ridiculous suggestion that rubbish on the ground means more rubbish generated! While I entirely agree you need to bin your sh1t its completely unsanitary! the reality is whether you binned or not, all the rubbish will eventually end up in a bin by Tuesday anyway.
    Sure it's easy to slam organisers for tents being left behind, but the article doesn't make any suggestions on how to combat this.

I would like to see a tiered approach to the campsites, I'd bring the campers that we know are clean closer to the arena entrances, like campervan and better version of Greta, section them off via a wristband only, who knows as the "dirtier campers" make their way past these cleaner sites it might have some impact? But at the very least clean campers are rewarded with a shorter walk into the arena.

I also think organisers need to seriously consider a 21 age limit! I'm being ageist here but I have found its primarily 17-20'somethings that don't seem to understand the concept of "I was here before you" you're arriving 20 min late and you want to push someone else out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’d like too see it but I don’t think the festival would voluntarily exclude such a large chunk of their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    People are pissing on the fence because there's a queue for the urinals, that means they need more urinals if they want to stop people pissing on the land. Also they should bring in female urinals so the wimmins aren't forced to use the horrendous portaloos.

Not true. They're doing it because they know that they can. People were pissing on the ground inside the urinals and on the wall outside the urinals. I didn't see any queues in two days there. I can imagine there were after Billie Eilish and other big draws, but a wait of what, 2/3 mins, to use the urinals? Two sets of large urinals by the main stage, others by the main tents. The site is very well equipped with toilets. If security got heavy-handed (which I don't recommend) then it'd stop immediately.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,228 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Cattle prods would work......

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Cattle prods would work......

Tasers. And when down cover the offenders in gold glitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Don’t need tasers. Electrify the fences at the piss pots

Then use the glitter

Don’t need tasers. Electrify the fences at the piss pots

Then use the glitter

I don't know, glitter and electric fences some would pay for such a service!

Snarky Snark Snark

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Womens queues are always mad, but you don't see them pissing in public.

Did actually see this, 3 or 4 at the fence side of rankins on the Saturday night between acts which was mad given that the loos were on the other side on the tent.

Any Dubs head to Edwyn Collins last night?

And another recommendation for Slyrydes at the Workman's Club in Dublin tonight:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That was an excellent article. I also have my 2008 eco cup from EP and I'm currently wearing my 2008 EP hoodie. It would be great to see some sort of reusable cup for the bars (like they have in disneyworld). It would cut down on the number of children going around collecting plastic cups in the arena which I always find distasteful.

And I 100% agree with moving the cleaner campsites closer to the arena. It's the only way to change a culture. Reward behaviours you want to see and make behaviours you don't want to see uncomfortable and unappealing. The state of the Hendrix campsite by Saturday morning was a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

When do tickets go on sale again ?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,228 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Just watching pet shop boys in Hyde Park in beeb4, they would be a fantastic Sunday night main stage closing act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    That was an excellent article. I also have my 2008 eco cup from EP and I'm currently wearing my 2008 EP hoodie. It would be great to see some sort of reusable cup for the bars (like they have in disneyworld). It would cut down on the number of children going around collecting plastic cups in the arena which I always find distasteful.

I came back from Primavera with about 10 of the reusable cups and they're in constant use in the house now especially when there's kids over. Plus it's cool looking at the different lineups over the years printed on the labels.

Footage of Arcade fire live at Earl's court on TG4 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kenzothe

Jaysus they should bring in urinals for guide dogs next!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Fatfrog wrote:

That was the same tour where they headlined Glastonbury on the Friday and played Marlay Park on the Sunday.

I remember watching the Glastonbury show on BBC and thinking of picking up a Marlay Park ticket but knowing it wouldn't be as good so didn't bother. The reviews at the time suggested I was right.

I wonder have they new music due out, I'd love to see them at EP20.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

sweetie wrote: »
    I came back from Primavera with about 10 of the reusable cups and they're in constant use in the house now especially when there's kids over. Plus it's cool looking at the different lineups over the years printed on the labels.

Went to.FOREVER YOUNG festival this year. Buy a reusable pint glass for 3 euro with first pint... get refill when u hand glass back in... feck all left on ground because we all exchanged them for the next pint... its not rocket science ffs!!!
    Ok so it worked with our age generation but its worth a try!!!
    Month ago I got chattin to truck driver that picked up gennys from site reckons feck all tents and feck all rubbish left behind!!!

nc6000 wrote: »
    Fatfrog wrote:

That was the same tour where they headlined Glastonbury on the Friday and played Marlay Park on the Sunday.

I remember watching the Glastonbury show on BBC and thinking of picking up a Marlay Park ticket but knowing it wouldn't be as good so didn't bother. The reviews at the time suggested I was right.

I wonder have they new music due out, I'd love to see them at EP20.

Yes 2014.. I was lucky enough to be watching them in the flesh at Glastonbury, a real musical highlight. Would be a welcome return if touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Tickets arrived in the post this morning, that must be the quickest they ever arrived. Still in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is there another Electric Picnic happening soon.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Snarky Snark Snark

Is there another Electric Picnic happening soon.

in geological terms, yes.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Tickets arrived but now have to put them away for 11 months and then try and remember where I left them?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Tickets arrived but now have to put them away for 11 months and then try and remember where I left them?

Just put them in that spot...you know, in the press behind the thing!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Put them with documents of equal or lesser importance e.g. mortgage deeds, will, life insurance policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just put them in that spot...you know, in the press behind the thing!

Our home house has had a ticket spot that we've used for years. In the press behind the thing is pretty accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

endainoz wrote: »
    Our home house has had a ticket spot that we've used for years. In the press behind the thing is pretty accurate.

Same here, and there's a constant rolling conveyor belt of tickets in our house. I keep them in a tin; in the hopes that they'll be ok, even if the house burns down (please no).

Snarky Snark Snark

I used to keep my gig tickets inside the DVD Edition of 2001 A Space Odyssey that I have (nice book sized case with 70mm cell in it).

Switched a few years ago to inside the cover of David Byrne's How Music Works as it seemed far more appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Davysulls86

Put them with documents of equal or lesser importance e.g. mortgage deeds, will, life insurance policy.

My wife has hidden my will and life insurance policy... Told me that I don't need them anymore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement