Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just saw this - yay, free biccies! You get free biccies here, right? :p

I wouldn't know, I've had toxic blood up until this point :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

iirc, the biccies aren't great.

I fainted after the last time I donated, so off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

If you go to the one in Stillorgan they have more crisps, chocolate bars and orange juice than one human can consume. I know because I've tried :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

fixxxer wrote: »
    If you go to the one in Stillorgan they have more crisps, chocolate bars and orange juice than one human can consume. I know because I've tried :)

I love how you've subtly made this a competition ;)

I’m definitely donating my B neg blood as soon as I can.

• Advertisement

I love how you've subtly made this a competition ;)

I'm on the website making an appointment as we speak.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I’m definitely donating my B neg blood as soon as I can.

October 1st for me theres a donor clinic on in Tubbercurry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sneaky mod title change

Necro wrote: »
    October 1st for me theres a donor clinic on in Tubbercurry :D

Manorhamilton end of October. Do you have to make appointment or can you just walk in?

Manorhamilton end of October. Do you have to make appointment or can you just walk in?

Think ones in the shticks don't need appointments :pac:

Sure only 5 people actually live in Leitrim don't ya know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

They give you custard creams and miwadi orange in Belfast. And in keeping with current threads, Custard Creams are my favourite biccie. I've shamefully not donated in years. They're organising a blood drive in work last I heard so I'll pop along to that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I have tried at least 4 times to give blood. Veins just won't give it up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

quickbeam wrote: »
    I have tried at least 4 times to give blood. Veins just won't give it up :(

Good on you for trying a few times

I'm the opposite, once they put the tourniquet on my veins jump out. They could throw the needle from a metre away and hit one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

In the hospital they find it very hard to get my veins, usually end up having to go in through my hand. I assume this would be the same for donating - would that be an issue?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

kitten_k wrote: »
    In the hospital they find it very hard to get my veins, usually end up having to go in through my hand. I assume this would be the same for donating - would that be an issue?

Same for me so unlikely you’ll be able to donate (needle for donating is a good bit larger), but well worth trying as you never know.

Thanks will get this op out of the way and then see

Well once they get the needle in to me I'm always done in less than 6 minutes :smug:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

fixxxer wrote:
    Well once they get the needle in to me I'm always done in less than 6 minutes :smug:

What do you do for the last 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I haven't given blood in years. So this brought me to the Eligibility Quiz which I had temporarily failed and then the FAQ shows me that I cannot give blood anymore :(

Pretzill wrote:
    I haven't given blood in years. So this brought me to the Eligibility Quiz which I had temporarily failed and then the FAQ shows me that I cannot give blood anymore

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Baggly wrote: »

4?

I'm in there for 15 to 20 minutes. No problem finding a vein but my blood does not want to leave my body.

It's SO BORING! And very sad when people just walk in, give it up and leave as I'm still sitting there. :(

Baggly wrote: »

Awkward small talk usually while they check my blood pressure to make sure I'm not about to die.

Just had a look at the FAQ, can’t donate until I have been signed off by the hospital after my op. Will look into it again next year.

Just got a pre-offer for a transfer back to Sligo :D

So long shift work WOOOO

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Unreal. Congrats.

Great news Necro :D

Wish things were as good here. Take away ordered at 1945 and still no sign :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

fixxxer wrote: »
    Great news Necro :D

Wish things were as good here. Take away ordered at 1945 and still no sign :(

You've terrible luck with the auld takeaways fixxxer

Jaysus fixxxer you've no luck with takeaways :(

I honestly can't believe it, I only became eligible for transfer on 6th September. Soooo happy right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Congrats Necro. Love a bit of good news.

Jaysis fixxxer that's bleak :'(

• Advertisement

Congrats Necro.

Fixxxer is it from the same place?

Advertisement