Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Speaking of new pets...

Oh for fux sake Fixxxer!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Need to put a trigger warning on that for those who are afraid of toes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Aww he's gorgeous fixxy, you name him yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Parker Peters would fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That spider wants to watch out, your bath is infested with Leg Mimics

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

We had a power cut that lasted an hour and a half and the TV won't turn back on since the power came back :(

sullivlo wrote: »
    We had a power cut that lasted an hour and a half and the TV won't turn back on since the power came back :(

Are you sure the power is back? Your eyes may have just adjusted to the dark.

(Is it a Samsung? Could be a blown cap. That's 50c or €800 to fix depending on your level of handiness)

It's the skybox that won't turn back on. It's stuck on the orange light of dread. I'm trying to update the system software but it hasn't worked yet.

Give it 5 mins. Mine did that a while ago, the old hd plus box. Eventually after about half an hour got sick of waiting, pulled the plug for a minute and it was grand and had updated the firmware. But that is not a scientific approach or analysis.
    Hard drive in it making a kerchunk kerchunk noise? If the power dropped and there wasn't any residual power to park the head it might have crashed and gotten stuck, which is bad news short and long term
    At least the amber led tells you it's got power so me forgetting to start with the base C's of check for a tripped fuse was in fact a stroke of genius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Fixxxer that's 1 million points for you.

Scoring is peehs

I caved to hype and popular opinion, and started watching Rick and Morty over the past week. It's very good.

Someone expressed interest in running a R+M WW before, can't remember who, but I would also be interested in doing that some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Banjo wrote: »
    Give it 5 mins. Mine did that a while ago, the old hd plus box. Eventually after about half an hour got sick of waiting, pulled the plug for a minute and it was grand and had updated the firmware. But that is not a scientific approach or analysis.
    Hard drive in it making a kerchunk kerchunk noise? If the power dropped and there wasn't any residual power to park the head it might have crashed and gotten stuck, which is bad news short and long term
    At least the amber led tells you it's got power so me forgetting to start with the base C's of check for a tripped fuse was in fact a stroke of genius

that hasn't been a thing for at least 20 years, possibly 30.

It's alright lads - it came back on. Took me 4 goes.

sKeith wrote: »
    that hasn't been a thing for at least 20 years, possibly 30.

Suuuure. Sky use nothing but enterprise class holographic 4d optical in their consumer boxes.

I'm still in the shower, he won't let me leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I caved to hype and popular opinion, and started watching Rick and Morty over the past week. It's very good.

Someone expressed interest in running a R+M WW before, can't remember who, but I would also be interested in doing that some time.

Welcome on board

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm still in the shower, he won't let me leave.

So you were in the shower, naked, with your phone out and you hadn't switched the water on ... Why do I get the feeling that the real answer is so disturbing that masturbating is the cover story?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    The update is I have no update. She's still hiding behind the couch from us any time we go into the room. It's torture. I'm singing to her at this point when I sit with her. She fell asleep once while I was singing. I'm taking it that my voice was soothing rather than boring. lol.

She was close enough to me to touch this evening when I called in to feed her but I still didn't want to invade her space. :(

Aww, it does sound like progress, even if it's slow. How's cat #1 coping? Are they getting along with each other at least, even if cat #2 is still wary of hoomans?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

quickbeam wrote: »
    Aww, it does sound like progress, even if it's slow. How's cat #1 coping? Are they getting along with each other at least, even if cat #2 is still wary of hoomans?

Cat 1/Pangur has a fungal claw infection at the moment so we've been cleaning her claws nightly with hibiscrub and giving her steroids in her food. So she hates us at the moment. :(

We've still not introduced them cos we can't figure out how to do it when Síonna won't even come near us. We want to control the introductions properly and we can't do that till she's ok with us. It's exhausting and so freakin stressful. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

How are you keeping them apart? Slow and steady progress Molls. Ye will get there :)

Baggly wrote: »
    How are you keeping them apart? Slow and steady progress Molls. Ye will get there :)

Síonna is confined to the 3rd bedroom. Pangur has the run of the rest of the house.

Pangur is a lovely name.

Pangur is a lovely name.

Aww thanks! It was my husband's choice. It's from an old poem in a manuscript from around the 9th century.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangur_B%C3%A1n

So we have Pangur Bán and Síonna Rua.

Welcome on board

It was yourself? Thanks, nice one. If you ever want to run that game, count me in.

It's in the schedule for next year.

It's in the schedule for next year.

Oh right, deadly, well November is a decent time of year for me to mod.

And so it is, I declare the long-awaited alliance of House Redman and House Baggly...House Bagman? Blindboy Boatclub can be on our banners.

#IWillHaveMyPoliticking

Windy out there today. If the rain keeps away I might wander down to Poolbeg lighthouse after work.

Windy out there today. If the rain keeps away I might wander down to Poolbeg lighthouse after work.

For photos?

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    For photos?

Hopefully! Conditions are not ideal but worth a try, see what I can get.

Advertisement