Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Saw Joker last night.

Fantastic movie, highly recommend ye go and watch it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necro wrote: »
    Saw Joker last night.

Fantastic movie, highly recommend ye go and watch it.

Some people won't like it but.... It's fecking amazing!

Oscar for Phoenix

I'm going to see it on Thursday and I can't wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,829 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I'm going to see it on Thursday and I can't wait!!!

I'm going to see it on Saturday and I can't wait!!!

:)

• Advertisement

Saw Joker tonight. Agree with you Necro.. it was fantastic and agree with you too BH, give that man an Oscar!!!

If any of you are itching for more broody Joaquin after watching Joker, give 'You Were Never Really Here A Go'. I won't promise that you'll love it or even like it, it's quite different, but he's some actor and this is another movie which displays that.

If any of you are itching for more broody Joaquin after watching Joker, give 'You Were Never Really Here A Go'. I won't promise that you'll love it or even like it, it's quite different, but he's some actor and this is another movie which displays that.

Agreed, I loved it!
    It is bleak though. My wife still worries about me that I thought there was one moment in it that was almost happy (in his mum's kitchen)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

its penciled in to be watched this weekend. trailer looks pretty good and have gotten a few recommendations. looking forward to it

Agreed, I loved it!
    It is bleak though. My wife still worries about me that I thought there was one moment in it that was almost happy (in his mum's kitchen)

Such a beautiful scene, I could write a fkin essay on that moment.

The soon-to-be Mrs. Redman wasn't gone on the movie but I loved it.

• Advertisement

Thank you!
    It really is beautiful. Mrs Nitwit disagrees (though she loves the film), we'll always have each other though Stu ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Congrats again on that btw Stu :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Congrats Stu! No need to thank me. You just needed that little push and i was happy to guide you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ah congrats Stu!!!

Oh, is this a recent announcement?
    Congrats Stuey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

When are the invites coming to us?

tusk wrote: »
    When are the invites coming to us?

Yeah Stu. Lets not forget that time you were Brendan WW and i saved your life.

Ill even bring some communal balloons for you.

Oh, is this a recent announcement?
    Congrats Stuey :)

Yeah that was my attempt at a soft reveal, a "Well don't say I never told yis", but Necro has surely gotten me into pole position for the next lynch now :D

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I was supposed to do it in Iceland last year but didn't have my affairs in order and kinda shat out of it, so I dragged us back this year to do it!

I didn't propose by a waterfall or some famous landmark, just in a nice restaurant in the aftermath of an amazing meal with some really good people. I had a 'prop' ring for the proposal, and then we went to a goldsmith the following morning in Isafjordur. The ring is in the post now so there's no turning back!

Special thanks also to Baggly, without him...well I'd probably be dead :pac:

Balloons for everyone at next beers!

Its time for you to emerge from under my wing, young Stuart, and fly your own path now.

16x12-inches-bald-eagle-flying-square-diamond-painting-2106795851830.jpg?v=1567155388

I said i wasnt going to cry.......

Baggly in top form here, I'm loving it :D

• Advertisement

I didn't propose by a waterfall or some famous landmark, just in a nice restaurant in the aftermath of an amazing meal with some really good people. I had a 'prop' ring for the proposal, and then we went to a goldsmith the following morning in Isafjordur. The ring is in the post now so there's no turning back!

Sounds awesome, great place to get engaged :)

Baggly in top form here, I'm loving it :D

I do a great best man's speech too, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Jaysus was Elrond there??

Congrates :D

fixxxer wrote: »
    Jaysus was Elrond there??

Congrates :D

Lol, just about anywhere I go in Iceland I think 'Rivendell'. I was humming the Shire theme in my head for most of our hikes over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You should have sneakily gotten her pregnant first so you could present the ring and say "This is why mums go to iceland" - Double whammy!
    It would have been worth it. It would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loving the thread title change!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Congrats Stu.

Do you really want Baggly doing a best man's speech based on shenanigans from here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

There is no speaches when werewolves get wed... It's wedding flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Congrats to you and Future Mrs Stu.

We've had both positive and negative progress with new kitty. She now lets us pet her and is happy to take treats off us. While she's still mostly hiding behind the couch, she did come out on Thursday and ate some food while Mr Molly was in the room. Yay. This morning we left the door ajar and she actually came out of the room. Problem is she headed straight towards the room kitty #1 was in because someone (coughmecough) had accidentally left the door open. So Mr Molly got up and she got scared again and scarpered back into her room. Doh!

My family think we're absolutely nuts letting her come out in her own time. We've had her almost 3 months now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    My family think we're absolutely nuts letting her come out in her own time. We've had her almost 3 months now.

Delighted to hear updates and improvements.

Sure how else can she come out but in her own time? You can't force the matter.

You're brilliant and patient, and well done.

When are you planning to introduce the two? Are they both neutered females? Might be an idea to do it soon. They probably already know there's another there by the smell. You might even find #2 swells in confidence being with #1 when she sees that #1 isn't afraid of you.

We used to recommend that with dogs - a nervous dog being rehomed with a confident one to make the nervous one more confident. I can't imagine it would be that dissimilar with cats.

Advertisement