Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

Congrats Stu, genuinely chuffed for you

I know this helped even if baggly is claiming all the credit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

quickbeam wrote: »
    When are you planning to introduce the two? Are they both neutered females? Might be an idea to do it soon. They probably already know there's another there by the smell. You might even find #2 swells in confidence being with #1 when she sees that #1 isn't afraid of you.

We used to recommend that with dogs - a nervous dog being rehomed with a confident one to make the nervous one more confident. I can't imagine it would be that dissimilar with cats.

How do we go about that though when we cant control the situation with cat #2? All the intro videos and tips we've read assume that you have 2 humans, one managing each cat.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

You mean if they start fighting? You could have them meet with a barrier between them if you’re worried. Chances are they’ll just sus each other out for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    How do we go about that though when we cant control the situation with cat #2? All the intro videos and tips we've read assume that you have 2 humans, one managing each cat.

This is many many years ago but when we got a new cat the old one reacted badly. We put a was basket over the new cat so old cat could see them and new cat was kept safe. Old cat still tried the attack. Then I sat down in the room with new cat on my lap getting pets. Old cat came in and saw this, and got up and sat on new cat between them and my hand. They had a truce for years after. It was more that they had space to see eat other on their on terms. Anecdotal, but all I have.

Maybe we're just being too overly cautious about it? I've suggested maybe feeding them on each side of an ajar door to see how it goes and take it from there. We can try it tomorrow maybe. Cat #2 definitely knows about Pangur anyway seeing as how she went straight into the bedroom where Pangur was sleeping yesterday. So hopefully curiosity will win out over any territorial tendencies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

6 days left of 1 hr commutes.

Probably gonna be the week from hell now to compensate for the future :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Thought this would go down well here... ;)
    1878_0031_500.jpeg

Weekly update on the catroductions:

We've let Síonna (cat #2) out of her room over the weekend. Pangur (cat #1) has hissed once or twice at her but is generally just accepting/ignoring her. She snoozed a bit in the living room and played a bit while Mr Molly and Pangur were on the couch on Saturday night so she's obviously delighted to be out and about. She keeps miaowing at Pangur but getting no response so we think she's trying to be friends. She's still running away from us if we approach her but it's massive progress so we're delighted.

Thankfully Mr Molly is off work for another 2 weeks so we're just gonna continue letting her out during the day while he's there and we'll see how we get on.

Cats are really sensitive to smells. My #1 cat was in the vets a lot, and whenever he came home from an extended stay there, even if just half a day, #2 cat would meow at #1 cat and "make strange". This could last a day, or sometimes loner if #1 cat had been at the vet longer, and therefore (presumably) had a stronger smell. #2 cat would even hiss at #1 cat during this adjustment period. I think it's quite normal.

It used to really piss me off because #1 cat was usually pissed off with me for taking him to the vet in the first place, and he didn't need #2 cat being a brat to him when I finally got him home. But #2 cat just had to readjust and nothing could really be done except let the equilibrium assert itself again.

I'd say that's what's up with yours. It might depend on the tone of Síonna's meow, of course. But they're just getting used to each other and I'd bet it'll settle down eventually. It's a great sign that she's enjoying being out and about while strange-man and strange-cat are in the room with her. Shows that she's sorta-accepting of both and there's no reason not to think that will continue.

As always, I'm mighty impressed with your (plural) patience with them and well done!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Cats are really sensitive to smells. My #1 cat was in the vets a lot, and whenever he came home from an extended stay there, even if just half a day, #2 cat would meow at #1 cat and "make strange". This could last a day, or sometimes loner if #1 cat had been at the vet longer, and therefore (presumably) had a stronger smell. #2 cat would even hiss at #1 cat during this adjustment period. I think it's quite normal.

It used to really piss me off because #1 cat was usually pissed off with me for taking him to the vet in the first place, and he didn't need #2 cat being a brat to him when I finally got him home. But #2 cat just had to readjust and nothing could really be done except let the equilibrium assert itself again.

I'd say that's what's up with yours. It might depend on the tone of Síonna's meow, of course. But they're just getting used to each other and I'd bet it'll settle down eventually. It's a great sign that she's enjoying being out and about while strange-man and strange-cat are in the room with her. Shows that she's sorta-accepting of both and there's no reason not to think that will continue.

As always, I'm mighty impressed with your (plural) patience with them and well done!

Síonna's miaow is the softest saddest cutest little miaow I've ever heard. She sounds like a kitten. The phone camera can't even pick up the sound its so quiet.
    Pangur is usually a yowly loud cat but she's been deathly silent any time Síonna comes near her. Swishy tail, crouched low to the ground so I know she's feeling threatened. But thankfully hasn't been acting on it. We're watching them both closely when they're in the same room. I don't think Síonna is gonna be a lap cat anyway so Pangur's spot on my legs is safe. We just need to reassure her of that so she's getting lots of pets and affection.
    I thought cats only miaowed to humans but I might be wrong about that because Síonna definitely seems to be directing the miaows at Pangur. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In an effort to restart this poor baby I'm going to share a lovely picture, and invite all of you Forum Gamers to come and see me dress in drag and do the hula in December :D

493737.jpg

Bring the kids, it'll be a fantastic show I guarantee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

What's a ballymote?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Didn't know you were in the Corran Players Necro - I might be able to see you from here:

#looks out window. >_<

Oh my God Pretzill seriously :eek:

Haven't done one of the plays yet but this is my second panto:D

Might move into the plays now I'm back working in Sligo though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Yep we may have passed each other in Ballyremote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

For starters, they have the interwebs there .....

And second, there is more than one person there....

:eek:

:P

Wondering if it would be a good idea to have some annual awards for games outside of Werewolf, now that the forum has expanded with a whole heap more games?

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

How would you run it Tusk

Baggly wrote: »

Volunteer tributes, fight to the death, is popular these days

Baggly wrote: »

I wouldn't. We couldn't trust me to run something so important!

I could help though.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? I've not been around for the Wolfies, so don't have the experience of knowing how that's run.

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    I wouldn't. We couldn't trust me to run something so important!

I could help though.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? I've not been around for the Wolfies, so don't have the experience of knowing how that's run.

Maybe get people to send you on award category ideas for non werewolf and see what you end up with, then see if its workable for an awards night.

A think tank or whatever it is ya call it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Can be run much the same way as the wolfies, working out the categories is probably the difficult part.

Would be nice to have something to recognise the work people put into running them. I suspect tusk was being too modest to be coming from that angle but a few of you do loads and it's really appreciated

Something like best Sheep game, best Peehs game, best gamehost...?

Categories for the entrants are tougher, best/worst single answer...?

some ideas...

vote based

Best New Game Type

Best Mod/Mod Team

Best Overall Game

Best New Mechanic in a Game

Best Wrong Answer in a Game

Best Play in a Codenames Game

Best Picture/Description in a MSPAINT Game

Stat based

Most Players in a Game

Largest Post Count in a Game

Biggest Win Margin

Biggest Loss Margin

Most Wins

Most Wooden Spoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Would be nice to have something to recognise the work people put into running them. I suspect tusk was being too modest to be coming from that angle but a few of you do loads and it's really appreciated

Something like best Sheep game, best Peehs game, best gamehost...?

Categories for the entrants are tougher, best/worst single answer...?

When you talk of people putting in a lot of work to their games... You’re talking about me and my MCU peehs aren’t you? :pac:

LadySkunk wrote: »
    When you talk of people putting in a lot of work to their games... You’re talking about me and my MCU peehs aren’t you? :pac:

I can't divulge how I'll be voting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

LadySkunk wrote: »

Make sure there's a longest running category, then make sure mcu is longer than tusk's walrus and you sorted.

I can't divulge how I'll be voting

Surely Stephen King Peehs/Sheep is a shoo-in for all the awards :o

What do the winners get?

• Advertisement

What do the winners get?

Reberetta is taking care of the prizes.

Advertisement