Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

After the last few days of catch and release in my house, I now officially declare that Spider Spring Break is here.

*Fly overlords flee in terror*

Hey I've just asked this in the movies sheep game but it might get missed there...

Do you ever do Christmas themed games here in FG around that time of year?

I think it would be really fun! (But I'm crazy about Christmas!)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Usually a Christmas themed Werewolf alright. But it's kinda the first year we've had other games to run as well that I can remember!

More games says I!

Necro wrote: »
    Usually a Christmas themed Werewolf alright. But it's kinda the first year we've had other games to run as well that I can remember!

More games says I!

I agree!! More games! I might even host a Christmas themed sheep myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I second the Christmas themed games (when the times comes) and I'm putting in a request to change "fly" to "wasp" as autumn is upon us.

• Advertisement

The christmas movie game will be won by die hard.

The Christmas song one would be interesting people could submit 3-5 songs. in november say.

A play list gets put up early in December and have the vote 2 weeks later

The christmas movie game will be won by die hard.

I'll ban it and declare it's not a christmas movie!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I made more jam the last of the blackcurrant. Wild Blackberry is next.

kq0WUwv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Hey I've just asked this in the movies sheep game but it might get missed there...

Do you ever do Christmas themed games here in FG around that time of year?

I think it would be really fun! (But I'm crazy about Christmas!)

Sounds like great fun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Christmas song one would be interesting people could submit 3-5 songs. in november say.

If no one else runs it I will. In conjunction with the Christmas forum :)

I'll ban it and declare it's not a christmas movie!!! :D:D:D

It will win out of sheer people voting it because.

While it is a Christmas movie, its certainly not the best christmas movie.

remember Christmas is a time of year so any movie thats timeline is primarily or always at Christmas is therefore a Christmas movie.

it'd be the same for Halloween if it was a genre if you made a love story based around Halloween it would be a Halloween movie but also a love story.

off point jaws is not a horror :pac:

Does the touch mobile site not work for people sometimes? Its rerouting to the desktop site for me. Not sure how to fix it. Send help

Does the touch mobile site not work for people sometimes? Its rerouting to the desktop site for me. Not sure how to fix it. Send help

Clear cache and cookies usually works for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was going to suggest the Die Hard Theme tune would win... so I google the sound track to confirm what that was. Not a christmas movie eh?

Soundtrack includes:

Winter Wonderland
    Christmas in Hollis
    Jingle Bells

and 2 versions of

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

So there we have it folks the winner of Micks Christmas Song 2019 competition Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I love how this movie was filmed in secret with only rumors floating around until recently

Did not expect it out that soon. November

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I love how this movie was filmed in secret with only rumors floating around until recently

Did not expect it out that soon. November

The Americans write their dates back to front, so even better, it is actually sooner, 11 October :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If no one else runs it I will. In conjunction with the Christmas forum :)

You rang :pac:

I'm not sure where to ask this re: the calendar as there's a no chat thingy so I'll do it here.

Is this for future games or starting right now? Cos I have a few to get you going :pac:

How is the Walrus thing going to work with the calendar though, usually the reveal is staggered over a week/longer?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm not sure where to ask this re: the calendar as there's a no chat thingy so I'll do it here.

Is this for future games or starting right now? Cos I have a few to get you going :pac:

How is the Walrus thing going to work with the calendar though, usually the reveal is staggered over a week/longer?

It's for whatever you want the forum to be aware of.

As for the walrus - I reckon just put in a date for the reveal to start. An estimation even.

It can always be edited if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Are we gonna get banned if we get the mad urge to host a ww game at 3am in the morning and create a sign up thread which has a sign up numbers limit and starts whenever that number is reached and has no other real schedule apart from what the players of the game want?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sKeith wrote: »
    Are we gonna get banned if we get the mad urge to host a ww game at 3am in the morning and create a sign up thread which has a sign up numbers limit and starts whenever that number is reached and has no other real schedule apart from what the players of the game want?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    No.
    Thanks, that covers most of the games ill be hosting ;)

I *think* I did it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You know what day the next reveal in your Walrus us, no harm mentioning it is there? (Or...is there?)

I think it's Wednesday but Stu is hosting the second category so waiting for him to confirm that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

sKeith wrote: »

don't be teasing us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

You have all come last!

This is the pets picture thread :):)

More pets pls

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

That reminds me, been wondering how Molly's new cat is getting on. Would love an update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

quickbeam wrote: »
    That reminds me, been wondering how Molly's new cat is getting on. Would love an update.

The update is I have no update. She's still hiding behind the couch from us any time we go into the room. It's torture. I'm singing to her at this point when I sit with her. She fell asleep once while I was singing. I'm taking it that my voice was soothing rather than boring. lol.

She was close enough to me to touch this evening when I called in to feed her but I still didn't want to invade her space. :(

Advertisement