Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petty parking problem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Space isn't owned by anyone, so anyone can park there.
    I could park there if I wanted, and it was free.
    Yes, I just can't help feeling the reaction is a little ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

TheChizler wrote: »

I'm glad the irony hasn't been lost on you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I think it's hilarious, because these types will be stressing over it.... Absolutely love it.

There is a road space outside my house and I couldn't care less who parks in it only the tools that can't park and park across the drive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

This is like a window sitter trying to take the middle arm rest. They must be punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

I think it's hilarious, because these types will be stressing over it.... Absolutely love it.

There is a road space outside my house and I couldn't care less who parks in it only the tools that can't park and park across the drive

you're quite right of course, first come first served , and if they want to hog it, there's not a lot you can do about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Isambard wrote: »
    you're quite right of course, first come first served , and if they want to hog it, there's not a lot you can do about it.
    You clearly haven't read the last few posts, something is being done, and we're hoping for constant updates as to the neighbours outrage :pac:

clearly....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is that not the whole point?

clearly....

You're hardly my neighbour are you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

So we have a car that has no business being there using the space as a way to teach someone who sort of has business using the space, so who's petty?
    The neighbour, keep up

:D:D :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I can't see the win here OP. You can't/won't keep a car there permanently, and as soon as it's removed you're back to square 1.

Personally I talk with the neighbours, and try and come to some agreement you're all happy with.

Ramping up the ante on a tit for tat basis isn't a great idea.

I can't see the win here OP. You can't/won't keep a car there permanently, and as soon as it's removed you're back to square 1.

Personally I talk with the neighbours, and try and come to some agreement you're all happy with.

Ramping up the ante on a tit for tat basis isn't a great idea.
    I have no need to 'win' or keep a car there, I'm just happy knowing that they've tasted their own medicine, as it were :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Loving the thread. How far away does she have to park now? Hopefully 10+ houses away.

RangeR wrote: »
    Loving the thread. How far away does she have to park now? Hopefully 10+ houses away.

She parks in her empty garden, didn't you read the thread?! :confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hey my personal parking spot has some tool parking their car in it..... I'm fuming.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Hey my personal parking spot has some tool parking their car in it..... I'm fuming.....

What you should do is torch the car....... Madam...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

You're hardly my neighbour are you? :D

not likely I'd move

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

not likely I'd move

You’ll have loads of pace for the for sale sign as you don’t appear to keep any cars in the garden :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I'd fear they might react by damaging your own car.
    You are on a motoring forum so I guess you care about your real car quite a bit like I do. A few dents here, broken window there wouldn't be beyond these type of idiots.

mickdw wrote: »
    I'd fear they might react by damaging your own car.
    You are on a motoring forum so I guess you care about your real car quite a bit like I do. A few dents here, broken window there wouldn't be beyond these type of idiots.

I've CCTV on the house and they know it :D

However never underestimate how much I don't care for my daily :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Any happenings over the weekend? :D

etxp wrote: »
    Any happenings over the weekend? :D

Some dirty looks and sideways scowls :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Responded to with a big cheesy smile and a wave I hope? :D

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Responded to with a big cheesy smile and a wave I hope? :D

Always polite ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Always polite ;)

There's nothing like rubbing salt into a wound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Love it OP.
    I have a thing going on with my neighbour where he asked me to block my wife in so he doesnt block his in. Only one space essentially.
    He's one of these people who parks 2 inches off your bumper which I hate. So I park about 20 secs around the corner now and leave him to it.
    If he ever asks me for a favour though Ill burn his house down!
    Keep up the good work lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'm constantly surprised by how petty and awful some neighbours can be. Thank God I have two absolutely sound neighbours either side of me for the last 15 years.

In my previous house, when the kids were small, the next door neighbours were an old couple and the man was quite hard work, but I won them over by constantly doing little odd jobs for them.

OP, I suggest you start mowing your neighbour's grass, doing the odd bit of shopping for them, and maybe offering to wallpaper or paint their house. Then after 6-12 months of this behaviour, gently suggest that they park their car in an appropriate space. If they aren't receptive to this, you're obviously not trying hard enough, so up your game then by cooking them breakfast and dinner every day and giving them a gentle foot rub before they go to bed each night.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If they aren't receptive to this, you're obviously not trying hard enough, so up your game then by cooking them breakfast and dinner every day and giving them a gentle foot rub before they go to bed each night.

Just like Ragnar Lothbrok would have done.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

The problem is as soon as you tell them to stick it, youre the C%%%. I hate that.

• Advertisement

Great story, this thread made me laugh so much, brilliant suggestions - its the scenario most of us play out in our heads but never bother to act out - well done!
    However OP you're eventually just gonna get bored with this. I wonder what the long term solution is?

Advertisement