Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jcarp

Whats your merit list number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

jcarp wrote: »
    Whats your merit list number?

40-60

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Treebeard4345

YNWA27 wrote: »
    40-60

Ah happy days buddy got the call myself! Had to deffer but sure atleast I know im thought of

What would be an approximate waiting time for someone with a ML number of 900?

How come you had to defer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Iamgroot3

Hey all! Newbie here. ML 140-160. Have passed everything to date except I haven't had word yet if my vetting has passed. I think I'm just waiting on the call now. Would I be right? Thanks!

jcarp wrote: »
    What would be an approximate waiting time for someone with a ML number of 900?

Will be a long wee while mate if you mean from now until the call.

For progression email i'd say latest March?

New campaign goes live in Spring 2020

Thanks, I don't mind waiting but a date to work towards and/or updates would be helpful. Just have to work with the info they put out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Unknowndude

Once you have word your vetting is complete then you will be appointable and you will be just waiting on the call as far as I know iamgroot

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Aimforstars

Aye boy got the call!

Fantastic! That's really exciting. Are you celebrating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Iamgroot3

Once you have word your vetting is complete then you will be appointable and you will be just waiting on the call as far as I know iamgroot

Happy days. Sent the forms off just over 7 weeks ago so hopefully won't have to wait too much longer. As others have said it's the waiting thats annoying. It would be good if there was some way to check if the vetting is in progress or how far along it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GMAC1997

Was working away for a while there, came home to the vetting forms and they were due for before I even got my hands on them! FS. Emailed recruitment about it and have them sent off. Do you reckon they will be kind or give me the chop?! Feel sick

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

GMAC1997 wrote: »
    Was working away for a while there, came home to the vetting forms and they were due for before I even got my hands on them! FS. Emailed recruitment about it and have them sent off. Do you reckon they will be kind or give me the chop?! Feel sick

They’re pretty reasonable. I’m sure they’ll allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GMAC1997

They’re pretty reasonable. I’m sure they’ll allow it.

Good news they were happy enough. Proper cramped myself and thought that was it lol, all good hopefully get my new pca date soon I had to defer it as I'm away with work..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

GMAC1997 wrote: »
    Good news they were happy enough. Proper cramped myself and thought that was it lol, all good hopefully get my new pca date soon I had to defer it as I'm away with work..

ðŸ‘🻠Fantastic, good luck with the training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SAPY

So I just completed the online learning how long does the email that confirms it normaly take?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Notorious3

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster. I have passed all the PSNI managed stages of the 1810 campaign, I am in ML 160-180. What is a rough estimate for getting the call? I see YNWA27 is 40-60 and has got the call. How many get the call at a time roughly? Trying to gauge how much time I have before I get the call.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Notorious3 wrote: »
    Hi all, long time lurker first time poster. I have passed all the PSNI managed stages of the 1810 campaign, I am in ML 160-180. What is a rough estimate for getting the call? I see YNWA27 is 40-60 and has got the call. How many get the call at a time roughly? Trying to gauge how much time I have before I get the call.

Thanks.

Hi there

Im in the same position as you, just a bit further down ML (200-220). Wondering the exact same thing about the call!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Cml29 wrote: »
    Hi there

Im in the same position as you, just a bit further down ML (200-220). Wondering the exact same thing about the call!

And i’m guessing for us call in sept / oct for start nov / dec. Not based on any sound knowledge just a stab in the dark

There are still 1710 candidates that require start dates.

Intakes are basically 50/50 1710/1810

So 1810 ML is slowing down until full 1810 intakes happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 atd2492

Do they notify you if vetting has passed or is it a waiting game until phone call? Currently passed all except vetting for 1810 campaign ML 150-200.

atd2492 wrote: »
    Do they notify you if vetting has passed or is it a waiting game until phone call? Currently passed all except vetting for 1810 campaign ML 150-200.

You'll get an email saying vetting has cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Itsthebartman

Anyone know what stage of the ML we are up to with regards to the PCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mumble1

ML 690 to 710 just got an email saying they’ve reached my band and PCA and vetting would be soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

Mumble1 wrote: »
    ML 690 to 710 just got an email saying they’ve reached my band and PCA and vetting would be soon

Fairly moving through the ML now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Itsthebartman

Great news, hopefully get the emails through soon then ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Imogenr1

And i’m guessing for us call in sept / oct for start nov / dec. Not based on any sound knowledge just a stab in the dark

Cml29 my ML sounds pretty close to yours. I did medical recently and heard I passed the very next day. Was told a 2 week wait for results of SMT. Got email to say vetting is passed before I went to medical. Just want to start yesterday!

Hoping with recent statements by chief con there may be a push for quicker intake. I hear they’ve added an extra section at GV to get numbers through.

Same as you though, I was taking a stab in the dark and hoping for a start date in Nov/Dec

Imogenr1 wrote: »

Cml29 my ML sounds pretty close to yours. I did medical recently and heard I passed the very next day. Was told a 2 week wait for results of SMT. Got email to say vetting is passed before I went to medical. Just want to start yesterday!

Hoping with recent statements by chief con there may be a push for quicker intake. I hear they’ve added an extra section at GV to get numbers through.

Same as you though, I was taking a stab in the dark and hoping for a start date in Nov/Dec

Unfortunetly GV can only hold so many but it looks like the police are getting everyone through as soon as they can to get as many appointable in the cupboards ready to start before the 2020 merit list is formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Imogenr1

Unfortunetly GV can only hold so many but it looks like the police are getting everyone through as soon as they can to get as many appointable in the cupboards ready to start before the 2020 merit list is formed.

So are greys not a new section this batch round in GV?

• Advertisement

Imogenr1 wrote: »

So are greys not a new section this batch round in GV?

They are but that that doesnt take away the fact that there is a cap in how many can be in at any one time.

Yes the vreys are in but that's only an extra 50 or so?

Advertisement